+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 11/29 MBB @ Alabama

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 11/29 MBB @ Alabama

With this 1 loss, we blew any chance of an NCAA at-large bid. Only 1 more Top 50 opponent left on our schedule. Gotta win at least 2 of them, and we only scheduled 2. Zero margin for error with this schedule.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. LA Tech Drops Heartbreaker to No. 24 Alabama

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech was unafraid of its first true road test of the season at No. 24-ranked Alabama.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    With this 1 loss, we blew any chance of an NCAA at-large bid. Only 1 more Top 50 opponent left on our schedule. Gotta win at least 2 of them, and we only scheduled 2. Zero margin for error with this schedule.
    Personally I think it will have more to do with how Bama, MTSU, and WKU finishes. Plus how we do at Texas. And of course he we finish. Even though CUSA sucks, if we beat the Sagrin polls we may have a chance with this easy schedule.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Personally I think it will have more to do with how Bama, MTSU, and WKU finishes. Plus how we do at Texas. And of course he we finish. Even though CUSA sucks, if we beat the Sagrin polls we may have a chance with this easy schedule.
    Of course a lot of the season is left to be played, but as of today, we only scheduled 2 Top 100 OOC games (#31 Alabama and #28 Texas). And we only have 2 Top 100 C-USA opponents (#86 MTSU and #75 ODU). We will probably have to go at least 28-3 just to get an NIT at-large bid. That's what happens when you schedule 26 "meaningless" games vs. #100+ teams. "Meaningless" as in they do nothing to boost your postseason resume if you win. Nine (9!) of our 13 C-USA opponents are really really bad, as in #200+!
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-29-2017 at 11:33 PM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. Had a chance and said "no thank you, we're fine at the bottom."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I've had the same crashing problem with those Red Peach apps. They also occasionally forget to lift the blackout for our games, too.

Download the TuneIn Radio app. It's the best. You can pause, fast forward, and rewind the stream to sync it with the video which is always delayed. You just have to wait through a short ad upon launch. Set KXKZ and KNBB as favorites.
    Interesting.

I didn't know why I kept losing audio when I listen on my phone. Anything they/I can do to prevent the crashing?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Wimp Sanderson had some damn good insight though. Did you listen to him?

I loved his comment about our "Matador" defense when we kept letting Sexton drive the lane unchallenged. I mean, we had guys literally getting out of Sexton's way....so true.

That's why we lost the game, right there. Our matador defense gave up the paint.
    Jean stepped into the lane and got a blocking foul. I don’t remember a single charge called. Hard to defend the lane if the refs won’t call charges.

Alabama realized this and used it to their advantage.

And that redneck hick commentator was the worst. If that’s the best the SEC has.::

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    Should have said nothing now missed four in a row free throws.
    As well as Tech was shooting FTs, I was afraid at the time those consecutive misses would end up being costly and they were.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

That was a very disappointing game! We just gave it to them after leading the entire game. We had flashes of a really good team, and then we were sloppy to hand it back to them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We competed

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We competed
    Not at the end we didn't. We looked like we just waited for them to take it back. Since THEY didn't do it, we helped them.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting.

I didn't know why I kept losing audio when I listen on my phone. Anything they/I can do to prevent the crashing?
    I had the same problem with red peach. Any time I would get a text or notification it would crash and I would have to get out and back in. Tune in radio has worked much better.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I had the same problem with red peach. Any time I would get a text or notification it would crash and I would have to get out and back in. Tune in radio has worked much better.
    Been driving me nuts! I thought is was a setting in my phone I had set wrong.

Showing my ignorance, but is Tune In Radio an alternative to I Heart or can you actually "tune in" to any station?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    As well as Tech was shooting FTs, I was afraid at the time those consecutive misses would end up being costly and they were.
    The difference to me was the sequence at the end of the 1st Half. We go in for a layup, Bama blocks the shot and we foul at the other end. Instead of being 40-35 at the half, it's 38-37.

There were too many missed FTs at critical moments. 4 out 23 3-pointers is not going to cut it either.

TECH
    ASSISTS BAMA
    2 BLOCKS 6
    65 FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 54
    24 FIELD GOALS MADE 24
    29 FOULS PERSONAL 21
    30 FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 37
    22 FREE THROWS MADE 27
    74 POINTS 77
    38 POINTS HALF 1 37
    36 POINTS HALF 2 40
    74 POINTS HIGHEST 77
    21 REBOUNDS DEFENSIVE 33
    8 REBOUNDS OFFENSIVE 9
    7 REBOUNDS TEAM 1
    8 STEALS 8
    23 THREE POINT FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 9
    4 THREE POINT FIELD GOALS MADE 2

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We competed
    I told my dad, “We have got to learn to close out an opponent!”

He said, “Skip can teach the b-ball team about that.”

Usually not a cynical guy, but he is soured a little after this season.

+ Reply to Thread