+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 11/29 MBB @ Alabama

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Re: 11/29 MBB @ Alabama

This game was a repeat of most any big game we have lost in last few years. Our offense consist of driving to the basket as option #1, occasional pass off the dribble for option #2, and a couple of passes and a three point attempt as option #3.
    Alabama did a better job in the 2nd half of sealing the lane, making driving to basket much more contested and difficult and we had marginal success.
    Our occasional pass off the dribble produced some opportunities when our guard wasnt turning the ball over. Lastly, we we terrible from 3 point land in the second half. Our offense requires that we shoot well from the outside in order to stretch the defense. We are not a team that passes the ball to create shots whether outside or inside. Our bigs are on the floor for defense and rebounding only. White is still not physical. Powell is our most physical big but doesnt disrupt shots as well as White and McKinnley looks like his feet are nailed to the ground - his lateral movement is terrible and his vertical is about 2". Sherman would have really helped last night.
    Our guards and mid-size players are talented. This game came down to turnovers, outside shooting and rebounding down the stretch and we lost all three categories.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Sportdawg, thanks for those numbers. Definitely have to shoot a better percentage from 3 and get more offensive rebounds for second chance points.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Guys we are good - and have a chance to be very good and the fact we only have one senior makes it even better

Tough game to lose but it sure wasn't the 20pt blow-out loss most of y'all were predicting

Winning on an opposing team's floor in college basketball is really really really hard - you fail over 80% of the time especially at a P5 school

Should we of drove more - possibly, but when refs are calling charges and keeping your guards in foul trouble you have to adjust

Bracey was off alittle last night, but he was arguably the best guard on the floor and our leading scorer

Bama is good, dark horse for the SEC title

Top 4 of CUSA could be very good - MTSU, ODU, Tech and WKU

I really like this team

This team usually wins that type of game on a P5 floor, this ain't football where we just show up and collect a check - we have a history of winning these games
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Guys we are good - and have a chance to be very good and the fact we only have one senior makes it even better

Tough game to lose but it sure wasn't the 20pt blow-out loss most of y'all were predicting

Winning on an opposing team's floor in college basketball is really really really hard - you fail over 80% of the time especially at a P5 school

Should we of drove more - possibly, but when refs are calling charges and keeping your guards in foul trouble you have to adjust

Bracey was off alittle last night, but he was arguably the best guard on the floor and our leading scorer

Bama is good, dark horse for the SEC title

Top 4 of CUSA could be very good - MTSU, ODU, Tech and WKU

I really like this team

This team usually wins that type of game on a P5 floor, this ain't football where we just show up and collect a check - we have a history of winning these games

I agree DFM, we can be very good if we tighten up a few things.

Bulldog wmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of light wmladawg's Avatar

Great post! Tired of all the negativity on this board. Also I think the Duruji kid is a freak and will be getting more playing time. This team is fun to watch and will have a very good season.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Been driving me nuts! I thought it was a setting in my phone I had set wrong.

Showing my ignorance, but is Tune In Radio an alternative to I Heart or can you actually "tune in" to any station?
    It's an app like I Heart or Radio Pup with a long list of stations. Unlike the Red Peach app Tune In doesn't crash, and it has the features Dawg06 listed previously in this thread. It's easy to sync video.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

If you missed it, you can watch it on Youtube. The production is good.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Always with the puppy head. Sigh.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Always with the puppy head. Sigh.
    I thought that all white dog on the blue background looked good.

Varsity Bulldog Nuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the rough Nuke Dawg's Avatar

Let me preface this with I really like the style that we play, however, can one of you basketball guys (and I am an ex-hs basketball coach) tell me why in the world when we have numbers on the break the dribbler ALWAYS goes to the basket and usually draws a charge? Basic three on two and two on one situations must not be taught any longer. As much as I love our athleticism and youth, and I really mean that, there are still some fundamentals in the up tempo game in which we are woefully short.

Nuke

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I thought that all white dog on the blue background looked good.
    The SEC network did a good job with the score bug and graphics in good taste.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I agree with Wimp, that was some horrific basketball by both teams.

Bama is "long" and has very talented and athletic guys....we have a few ourselves...and there were some great individual efforts last night. But, damn it! basketball is supposed to be a team game. I sure as hell didn't see nothing remotely resembling a team anything last night, by either side! In the end their guys made a few more of those individual plays, that was it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke Dawg View Post
    Let me preface this with I really like the style that we play, however, can one of you basketball guys (and I am an ex-hs basketball coach) tell me why in the world when we have numbers on the break the dribbler ALWAYS goes to the basket and usually draws a charge? Basic three on two and two on one situations must not be taught any longer. As much as I love our athleticism and youth, and I really mean that, there are still some fundamentals in the up tempo game in which we are woefully short.

Nuke
    When then same sequence results in a trip to the line for the other team I would say it's inconsistent refs like last night and Evansville

We have two of the best distributors of the ball there is in Bracey and Jean so they look for the assist first and to score 2nd

The refs made that game have no flow or rhythm last night

FWIW when Jackson Thigpen comments on calls and refs during a broadcast, you know it's bad...

If I have an issue with any of our play in the 2nd half last night is the 11 shots behind the arc, I would like Harris and Boykins to shoot the 15 ft intermediate jump shot in some of those situations

In an OOC game you have to beat 8 individuals, double so at P5

I get the fact we lead most of the game, but it was a precarious 6pts or so the vast majority of the time, every time we would look to pull away, there would always be a call to inch them back in or keep them close

It's just the nature of the game inside the game

And you see why Ark, LSU, Ole Miss, TCU and LSU won't touch us with a 10 ft pole - it's a 50/50 proposition for them to get the W at best
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog Nuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the rough Nuke Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    When then same sequence results in a trip to the line for the other team I would say it's inconsistent refs like last night and Evansville

We have two of the best distributors of the ball there is in Bracey and Jean so they look for the assist first and to score 2nd

The refs made that game have no flow or rhythm last night

FWIW when Jackson Thigpen comments on calls and refs during a broadcast, you know it's bad...

If I have an issue with any of our play in the 2nd half last night is the 11 shots behind the arc, I would like Harris and Boykins to shoot the 15 ft intermediate jump shot in some of those situations

In an OOC game you have to beat 8 individuals, double so at P5

I get the fact we lead most of the game, but it was a precarious 6pts or so the vast majority of the time, every time we would look to pull away, there would always be a call to inch them back in or keep them close

It's just the nature of the game inside the game

And you see why Ark, LSU, Ole Miss, TCU and LSU won't touch us with a 10 ft pole - it's a 50/50 proposition for them to get the W at best
    I don't disagree Dwayne, but when we run our lanes we were very very disorganized, at least to me. A little more discipline there with the defense trailing could, and should, lead to more baskets than driving to the basket one on one when you have the numbers.

Nuke

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The LA Tech mens basketball defense during the 2nd half at Alabama:

+ Reply to Thread