+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SKIP HOLTZ - SpecTECHular Career So Far

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: SKIP Holtz -- Spectacular career so far

Dude's aight but that's it. I wonder what would have happened had Sokol and Driscoll not transferred in.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: SKIP Holtz

Don't even make a Skip comparison to his predecessors using the amount of bowls qualified for, Teams now have a better than 50-50 shot of getting into a bowl, as someone else said, Bowls are just participation trophies these days.

You know, Skip won two CUSA championships when CUSA was a good conference, Not sure if that was dumb luck or what, maybe just a good OC and DC.

Before HCSH got here we won 2 WAC championships, that was in a WAC that had good teams, the WAC had multiple teams ranked for multiple weeks, only two or three pushovers in the WAC.

What has changed, TECH won Championships before HCSH got here and HCSH won Championships in CUSA before he got to TECH? Has the game passed Skip by, has he surrounded himself with idiots and inferior talent?

Skip is 53 years old, He should be at the pinnacle of his career, still young enough to be aggressive and a risk taker and old enough to be wise, wily, and unpredictable as a HC should be. None of it really adds up does it?

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: SKIP Holtz - Mediocre is Thy Middle Name

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Dude's aight but that's it. I wonder what would have happened had Sokol and Driscoll not transferred in.
    Higgins, but who's to say how that would've turned out. He likely learned a lot and was pushed by competing with Sokol and Driskel, so I'm inclined to lean more towards 2013 Higgins than 2016 Higgins. So, basically, probably a lot of what we saw from the QB position this year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I think Coach Holtz has been good for the program here at LaTech, but if JMar is the QB next year, us fans should not expect any thing better than another possible 6-6!
    I have to admit listening to the FAU game and to see what really good coaching can do for a team, has to make you think about Coach Holtz ability vrs. being a GOOD OLE BOY!
    Same with UNT. Their new coach took an under-achieving bunch of misfits that finished 5-8 last year and managed to win 9 games and a possible CUSA championship this year. I WANT THAT!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Higgins, but who's to say how that would've turned out. He likely learned a lot and was pushed by competing with Sokol and Driskel, so I'm inclined to lean more towards 2013 Higgins than 2016 Higgins. So, basically, probably a lot of what we saw from the QB position this year.
    Higgins was a Dykes recruit.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Might have been but he had quite a senior after his initial debut.

Is there another point to be made..
    yet to be seen. I am very hopeful hopeful that JMar turns the corner in one year instead of 3

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

"senior year"

Can't edit on this phone

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Recruit, sure. But SD left before Higgins played a down. Not sure what your point is here.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

So, Tennessee needs to hire Skip

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    So, Tennessee needs to hire Skip
    Leslie says he wants the job...apparently he's the one coach in America Tennessee hasn't reached out to.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Recruit, sure. But SD left before Higgins played a down. Not sure what your point is here.
    The point is that Holtz has yet to recruit a decent QB THAT PLAYED ANY FOOTBALL. Higgins was recruited by Dykes and spent his freshman year red shirting in 2012 before Holtz even arrived. Sokol and Driskel were gifts from the sky. Higgins was a gift from Dykes. In J'Mar Smith, we are really having our first experience with a Holtz recruited QB. And it's not going well.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

J'Mar Smith, we are really having our first experience with a Holtz recruited QB. And it's not going well.
    Going as well as a box full of kittens on fire.

The point is that Holtz has yet to recruit a decent QB THAT PLAYED ANY FOOTBALL. Higgins was recruited by Dykes and spent his freshman year red shirting in 2012 before Holtz even arrived. Sokol and Driskel were gifts from the sky. Higgins was a gift from Dykes. In J'Mar Smith, we are really having our first experience with a Holtz recruited QB. And it's not going well.
    Total agreement here. The post you responded to was me expousing on how RH would have likely turned out if he was a 4 year starter under Holtz. It would've most likely been 4 years of the season we just suffered through with JMar as QB, if not worse seeing as how SH has obliterated JMar's confidence after just one year. Maybe my implication came through differently through text, but we totally agree here. Sorry if you inferred otherwise and if my original post was unclear on what my point was.

Total agreement here. The post you responded to was me expousing on how RH would have likely turned out if he was a 4 year starter under Holtz. It would've most likely been 4 years of the season we just suffered through with JMar as QB, if not worse seeing as how SH has obliterated JMar's confidence after just one year. Maybe my implication came through differently through text, but we totally agree here. Sorry if you inferred otherwise and if my original post was unclear on what my point was.
    No worries. Thanks for the clarification.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Good move, that "M" word was an insult: to morons, even they wouldn't pitch firing Skip now. Don't get too chill on us. We'd miss ya.
    Greatest grandson Of THe Mr Ruston!! that said-- I promised to be the antidote to negative posters from day one--you have kept me on track over years --you know how I bitch and moan during many games but I do not remember posting negative about players-coaches --whats the point?? are you and I the only ones to remember the folks posting Anti-Higgins and wanted a qb who was not ready yet? I hope we fix the problem -- 6-6 turns to 9-3 with 1 problem fixed and it ain't the coach . I am somewhat irritated that SOMEONE CHANGED THE THREAD TITLE TO MEDIOCRE-- fortunately the original title shows up

+ Reply to Thread