+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SKIP HOLTZ - SpecTECHular Career So Far

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: SKIP Holtz - Mediocre is Thy Middle Name

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I did, he is mediocre😏
    . My thread== I am offended that my thread is gung ho Holtz and compliment changed to negative. I’ll make this clear== I absolutely support Holtz.he will have the most wins of any coach in modern era after next year- most NFL draft picks (developed) in modern era- most $$$ raised for program= 33 wins in last 4 years == that’s 33-15 record . Do the math and tell me how that’s not outstanding

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You're right, nothing about him is mediocre.

His record in bowl games is great!

His record in conference championship games is HORRIBLE
    His record against P5 teams is HORRIBLE
    His record against any team half decent is HORRIBLE
    His record in games where he trails after the first quarter is HORRIBLE

His overall record at Tech is, in fact, slightly above 0.500 so not technically mediocre.

You are entitled to your opinion. But it is a fact that Skip has underperformed, and the veil has been peeled back this season.
    . 33-15 last 4 years ( yeah I skipped first year ) your math skills are way off -more like 68%_ somehow making it to conference championship and losing is bad ? Talk about half empty syndrome- losing to P5 teams.. we talking about programs with huge budgets—. Nothing will ever satisfy a portion of fan base so have at it__ fortunately we have a ton of die hard Tech supporters seeing continued success— have fun being negative

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

All of this vitriol towards Skip is actually only because he declared J'Mar a rock star and giving the fans expectations of an 8-4 team. The play we saw at qb was poor and led to the season we have now. If you look at our program and the lack of problems with our players that have haunted other programs along with other positives posted by dogsince65 and we are blessed to have Skip.
    I want a conference championship next year and I want to hear Skip state that is his and our team's goal for next year and to do what is necessary to achieve that goal. If that means jucos so be it .
    The administration should press for this as well!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . 33-15 last 4 years ( yeah I skipped first year ) your math skills are way off -more like 68%_ somehow making it to conference championship and losing is bad ? Talk about half empty syndrome- losing to P5 teams.. we talking about programs with huge budgets—. Nothing will ever satisfy a portion of fan base so have at it__ fortunately we have a ton of die hard Tech supporters seeing continued success— have fun being negative
    A ton = 2,000 lbs right? So that’s about 15-20 diehard fans. And they were all present for the UTSA game.

It’s amazing how low some of our fan’s expectations are. That’s why we’re irrelevant in the world of college football.

33-15 in the Sunbelt Plus conference. We use to make fun of the Sunbelt, now we’re proud to have a winning record against
    them.

Skip Holtz has 2 conference championships in 18 years as a head coach. His coaching directly led to 4 losses this year.

Holtz has lost to USM 3 years in a row. Shouldn't that mean something? If he loses to them 5 years in a row, would his supporters still consider him to be a good coach?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to glm47 again.

Dogsince65, all you're doing is making the case for why Holtz is mediocre. If you're definition of success is what you've posted, it's no wonder we have been left behind to near-irrelevancy.

Re: SKIP Holtz -- Spectacular career so far

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    When people stop complaining and criticizing the coach and players, we will be on par with NLULM. Thank heaven we have an engaged (albeit small) rabid fan base.

I wish we had a few thousand more calling for coach firings and player benchings. Doesn't mean I want that to happen, just means more folks care.
    . You really think anyone cares about negative posters.. how many BBB posters paid 250k for press box area—I cant tell you how many supports ask what BBB is and I explain that occasionally I pick up some good stuff and a handful of Ultra negative whiners - trust me on this— day bbb impacts coaches it’s day program ends up like Tennessee

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

. - trust me on this— day bbb impacts coaches it’s day program ends up like Tennessee
    Indirectly or not, this message board had a hand in Tech replacing at least one coach and one AD. I think most of the TAG group will agree.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

. You really think anyone cares about negative posters.. how many BBB posters paid 250k for press box area—I cant tell you how many supports ask what BBB is and I explain that occasionally I pick up some good stuff and a handful of Ultra negative whiners - trust me on this— day bbb impacts coaches it’s day program ends up like Tennessee
    If BBB is so irrelevant, why do you spend so much time on here praising Holtz? Doesn’t bother me that you do, just seems counterproductive.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously care a lot about negative posters. I’ve had this discussion before, but why is it you sunshine pumpers can’t, or won’t, distinguish between negativity and reality.

And if Holtz is so good why do you have to come on here and defend him so vigorously? It should be obvious to everyone what a great job he is doing.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    You obviously care a lot about negative posters. I’ve had this discussion before, but why is it you sunshine pumpers can’t, or won’t, distinguish between negativity and reality.

And if Holtz is so good why do you have to come on here and defend him so vigorously? It should be obvious to everyone what a great job he is doing.
    OK, who has done better? I don't know, but do you?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    It's relative - but Sonny and Gary come to mind right off the top of my head...

Skip isn't bad, but he isn't great either

Is he the best we can do? - I don't know but he is definitely not the worse we can do
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Considering the level of competition, I would say both Crowton and Dykes were better. Holtz has a propensity for losing 2-3 games he should win, not every once and awhile, but every year. He’s happy with 6-8 wins a year and a mediocre bowl. I’d rather gamble on someone who has more ambition.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Considering the level of competition, I would say both Crowton and Dykes were better. Holtz has a propensity for losing 2-3 games he should win, not every once and awhile, but every year. He’s happy with 6-8 wins a year and a mediocre bowl. I’d rather gamble on someone who has more ambition.
    We are at our lowest level of competition since the late 80's, we should be doing much better when you compare our competition to just ten years ago.

Gary Crowton was always swinging for the fence, he had too, that was the only way he stood a chance, more than one year we had one of the toughest schedules in the NCAA playing multiple top ten teams. Coach Sonny Dikes was trying to go the next level, he was always swinging for the fence also, he wanted to win every game. Now, HCSH, seems to be looking for bunts, singles, doubles, and the occasional sacrifice fly.

I want to be optimistic and positive, just hard to find the reasons to be right now.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

My vote is that we Tech supporters (big money and small) do our best to get along with each other. And when we disagree, please be agreeable in doing so.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread