+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bowl Games

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 2017 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    HD, you been boning up (TWSS) on your common core math? If they score 40 and we score 2 more TD's than our normal 23 points that puts us at 37.

Oh wait, I forgot...we will kick a last second field goal to tie the game!
    Round numbers, buddy, I'm just rounding the numbers off.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I used to know the owner of Babe's Chicken, before he passed away 6 or 8 years ago. He was a former CEO of the El Chicos Restaurant chain. Nicest man on the planet. He and his family own (or did own) the famed "Bubbas" chicken in Snyder Plaza, down in University Park, literally 200 yards from the SMU campus. It's a local staple that's been there since the 1960's or so.

Babe's is a much different atmosphere....great for family's and big gatherings. Great fried chicken, fried catfish, etc....But it's a 10 minute car drive from the stadium (I don't want anyone to be mislead by LeeDawg's well intended statements. You can't walk it.)
    HD, I doubt you been ever been mistaken, but the Babe’s I know about is about a 15min walk (0.6 miles) from Toyota Stadium

Do I have the wrong Stadium in mind? I am of the understanding it is where DallasFC plays.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That was the norm for them. They have no fans. Neither does FIU.
    They're both in Miami (or area) which doesn't have a good history of supporting their college football teams, even the U for quite a few years. I believe this year is an exception for the U.

I know both have very large student bodies, but they must party elsewhere on game day.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I know both have very large student bodies, but they must party elsewhere on game day.
    Commuter schools and "The U" is private.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    HD, I doubt you been ever been mistaken, but the Babe’s I know about is about a 15min walk (0.6 miles) from Toyota Stadium

Do I have the wrong Stadium in mind? I am of the understanding it is where DallasFC plays.
    No, you are correct. I am mistaken. I was thinking about the Roughriders stadium area. Brain fart on my part. I'll go back and change my previous post. You are correct that --from the FCS Dallas stadium (Toyota Stadium) at the end of downtown (on Main St), it's walkable to Babe's. Again, my apologies.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

This really sucks for FAU & CUSA. As the conference champ, FAU deserves much better. I watched Akron get their tails whipped by Toledo yesterday 45-28. And no, it wasn't THAT close. Expect FAU to win this one by 40 points.
    FAU AD Pat Chun seems less than enthusiastic:

From the article: Are you happy with your conference office? “We’re honored to be playing in the Boca Raton Bowl,” Chun answered.

http://fauowlaccess.com/floridaatlantic/boca-bowl-lukewarm-reception/7904/2017/12/04/

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

No, you are correct. I am mistaken. I was thinking about the Roughriders stadium area. Brain fart on my part. I'll go back and change my previous post. You are correct that --from the FCS Dallas stadium (Toyota Stadium) at the end of downtown (on Main St), it's walkable to Babe's. Again, my apologies.
    Oh, you are talking about Dr Pepper Park just down the road. Cool place. That would be too much of a walk for my out-of-shape tail. Of course walking to the car after over-eating there is typically the problem I encounter.

Thanks for the Babe’s background info. New info to me. I do hope to make it to the game and Babe’s on the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Oh, you are talking about Dr Pepper Park just down the road. Cool place. That would be too much of a walk for my out-of-shape tail. Of course walking to the car after over-eating there is typically the problem I encounter.

Thanks for the Babe’s background info. New info to me. I do hope to make it to the game and Babe’s on the 20th.
    I might see you there!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I used to know the owner of Babe's Chicken, before he passed away 6 or 8 years ago. He was a former CEO of the El Chicos Restaurant chain. Nicest man on the planet. He and his family own (or did own) the famed "Bubbas" chicken in Snyder Plaza, down in University Park, literally 200 yards from the SMU campus. It's a local staple that's been there since the 1960's or so.

Babe's is a much different atmosphere....great for family's and big gatherings. Great fried chicken, fried catfish, etc....
    We love Babe's. If we go, we will be eating there.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Used to eat at Bubba’s a lot when I was in school at smu. Great fried chicken.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I've mentioned we were one of nine on a current 3-bowl win streak. That says 8. Guess one of "us" didn't make a bowl this year. And that must be a WKU posting, what with their logo at the top.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Say what you want about CUSA, but they have been very very good to us as a football program. We have always gotten a great bowl when eligible.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Say what you want about CUSA, but they have been very very good to us as a football program. We have always gotten a great bowl when eligible.
    We (our fans) have stepped up. IMO we still have an approximate 10,000 core fan base. Of those 10K, 5K step up when needed. Unfortunately we are not growing the base by reaching out to the "lesser fans". USM is the only other C-USA west team that does this. I don't know about ODU, but Marshall does in the East.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We (our fans) have stepped up. IMO we still have an approximate 10,000 core fan base. Of those 10K, 5K step up when needed. Unfortunately we are not growing the base by reaching out to the "lesser fans". USM is the only other C-USA west team that does this. I don't know about ODU, but Marshall does in the East.
    Marshall and ODU have done a great job of growing and maintaining their fan bases. UTSA is growing its as well. Tech does not do a good job with its fan base. They aren't developing their students either. These are long term problems that have plagued us for 40 years and a large reason we are the size we are. You have to give credit where its due, CUSA has put us in the perfect bowl for attendance every year. They have allowed us to step up. No Arizona Bowl, New Mexico Bowl or Bahamas Bowl for the Dawgs. WE always magically get a bowl that you can travel to.

+ Reply to Thread