+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preemptive Advice: Don't Hold Your Breath or Make Hotel Reservations

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Preemptive Advice: Don't Hold Your Breath or Make Hotel Reservations

Most of y'all are old enough to remember our colossal disappointments in years gone by. I hope for our athlete's sake that they get a bowl. The sting of 2012 still resonates with me and 2005 and 99 and 97 weren't much easier....though they are now somewhat distant memories.

Don't make any hotel reservations....

Sadly, if we DON'T get a bowl, our fan base IS to blame. PERIOD. The showing last Saturday was abysmal. It reminded me of the season-ending 2002 game against UTEP at Independence Stadium. My daughter and I got there mid first quarter and parked where we saw fit, basically right by the entrance. I am grateful to our university leadership and benevolent donors who helped build our athletes and fans a first class football experience. Regrettably, we are a few years away from having a true fan base.

Puppy DurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the rough

Re: Preemptive Advice: Don't Hold Your Breath or Make Hotel Reservations

Agree. Sadly, I've been to winless High School games with better attendance than Saturday. I wish 2 things would happen, 1) ALWAYS schedule this weekend's game away, and 2) Have Senior night at a game earlier in the season that has a chance of decent attendance. Players deserve better than that.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    Sadly, if we DON'T get a bowl, our fan base IS to blame. PERIOD.
    Louisiana Tech Athletics ...

The only business in America where a lousy product is the customers' fault.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

I was thinking it was nuts to blame us too- you just beat me to it.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed the game. Stellar junkyard dogs defensive stands were energizing, Boston Scott running all over utsa was cool, whipping utsa just because they're them and in spite of their supposed outrage at our late score at year. To me utsa is our new Hawaii or Fresno in that it's just FUN to beat them. Our guys played hard on a chilly, late Nov night with students out all week. Hope to see them one more time.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of y'all are old enough to remember our colossal disappointments in years gone by. I hope for our athlete's sake that they get a bowl. The sting of 2012 still resonates with me and 2005 and 99 and 97 weren't much easier....though they are now somewhat distant memories.

Sadly, if we DON'T get a bowl, our fan base IS to blame. PERIOD. The showing last Saturday was abysmal. It reminded me of the season-ending 2002 game against UTEP at Independence Stadium. My daughter and I got there mid first quarter and parked where we saw fit, basically right by the entrance. I am grateful to our university leadership and benevolent donors who helped build our athletes and fans a first class football experience. Regrettably, we are a few years away from having a true fan base.
    This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I’ve ever seen on BB&B. Name me one fan that played or coached a single down.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

....oh, you were serious

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

For a guy that thinks he's smarter than everyone else, that may be the smartest post you ever made. Good post.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    I enjoyed the game. Stellar junkyard dogs defensive stands were energizing, Boston Scott running all over utsa was cool, whipping utsa just because they're them and in spite of their supposed outrage at our late score at year. To me utsa is our new Hawaii or Fresno in that it's just FUN to beat them. Our guys played hard on a chilly, late Nov night with students out all week. Hope to see them one more time.
    I'd argue that UAB is our new Fresno. Those guys hate the hell out of us. Our game there this year was absolutely their super bowl. UTSA could be Hawaii, but Hawaii would actually beat us from time to time, so the jury is still way out on that comparison. They just want a rival and we were the first target they latched onto. I expect to beat them. I savor wins over USM and even WKU and MTSU. You know, programs that are actually around our level.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

I mean.. yeah. Pretty much this. If I didn't know this was sarcasm, I'd think it was just a well-stated fact.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Fans should have shown up for a team that has not competed and for a coach who refuses to take the blame for a loss and for an AD who won't even try to market a game.

Just show up!

I was there, but was not embarrassed by our fans. I was embarrassed by our teams poor performance going into the game.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Good post! Yep, for those of us who showed up, this game took away a bit of the bad taste of several heartbreaking games this season. Gave us hope for the future. We were able to feel good about good performances by Boston Scott and Jaqwis Dancy, and celebrate those awesome goal line stands by our defense.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

This team and staff would get smoked by 30+ by everyone of those Tech teams...

Fans were still showing up with hope till the utter meltdown by the staff against USM -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I kept coming, but I found a way to enjoy the games by watching players I liked ( Boston,Teddy,Courtney,Amik, and others). I enjoyed the defense last Saturday, and was frustrated by the lack of a passing game. Just a note for those that were not there the West side was more engaged than I have seen in the past. They were all not happy with one attempt at a pass J'Mar made . A lot of us yelled a out it. I hope this will help any of you that go to the bowl game, it we get one. On a side note the linebacker play was the best i have seen in a long time.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Amen. Good post.

+ Reply to Thread