+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Coaching Carousel

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: 2017 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Ten years is a long time. A lot can happen and a lot can change in 10 years. This doesn't look very smart for the school. But then again, I think we're talking about a bunch of people who have more money than sense.
    Yeah who wants a coach who wins 11 games in a season, wins a conference championship, scores 40 points a game, and drops 50 on a team the night before early signing day (when you are the only game). Not to mention all the positive publicity he brings to FAU and the increased enrollment paying that out of state tuition. I guess more money, more problems.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Yeah who wants a coach who wins 11 games in a season, wins a conference championship, scores 40 points a game, and drops 50 on a team the night before early signing day (when you are the only game). Not to mention all the positive publicity he brings to FAU and the increased enrollment paying that out of state tuition. I guess more money, more problems.
    Go back and see who the hot coaches were 10 years ago, and where they are now. Even Saban was losing to ULM 10 years ago. Just saying......

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Go back and see who the hot coaches were 10 years ago, and where they are now. Even Saban was losing to ULM 10 years ago. Just saying......
    I don't think Kiffin will be at FAU in ten years either. I bet he leaves in the next year or two for a lower level Power 5 school and Kendall Briles (another reclamation project, perhaps unfairly so) slids into the top spot. Hopefully FAU gets a nice size buy-out when he does leave thanks to the 10 year deal. Has anyone heard if the new deal came with a raise?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

10 years ago this month, LA Tech fired Jack Bicknell and hired Derek Dooley.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    No one and I mean NO ONE is willing to take a chance on Lane Kiffin and his baggage...

Their descent will be as fast as their ascent ...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

10 years ago this month, LA Tech fired Jack Bicknell and hired Derek Dooley.
    Pretty sure Dooley was hired 11 years ago in December of 06. Dooley coached the 07, 08, and 09 seasons, Dykes the 10, 11, and 12 seasons, and Holtz the 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Pretty sure Dooley was hired 11 years ago in December of 06. Dooley coached the 07, 08, and 09 seasons, Dykes the 10, 11, and 12 seasons, and Holtz the 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 seasons.
    Yep. You're right. But the point still remains......10 years is a long, long time in this business. And that was the point of the Lane Kiffin discussion.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    No one and I mean NO ONE is willing to take a chance on Lane Kiffin and his baggage...

Their descent will be as fast as their ascent ...
    Kiffen if one of those guys who is really talented and gifted with all the potential in the world, but he is so self destructive I don't believe he will ever see that potential reached. He will implode one day and of course it will be major and be big news. I would think Kiffen is thought to be so toxic that even conference commissioners get involved if they hear he is up for a job in their conference, I said in another thread that winning changes everything, I retract that statement when it comes to Kiffen.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Um, the dude's making A LOT more money than I am. I think his winning with that salary is just fine.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Um, the dude's making A LOT more money than I am. I think his winning with that salary is just fine.
    Problem with Kiffen is that no matter how much he is making or what level he is coaching at, I think he self destructs within the next three years. Sooner or later his talent does not overcome that and he is out of the coaching industry at some point. He can't be controlled at any level or coaching position.

He will probably make a good football commentator, play by play, color man or pundit at some point though!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Interesting interview with Freeze this morning.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Interesting interview with Freeze this morning.
    I heard that too.

My BS meter went off a few times.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

FootballScoop Staff@FootballScoop 27m27 minutes agoMore

Report: Les Miles and Arizona have “mutual interest” in each other

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Mizzou just hired Derek Dooley to run their offense. OC/QB

+ Reply to Thread