+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Coaching Carousel

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2017 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    It's completely understandable. Skip allowed our staff on defense, including Baker, to make needed changes in 2017, getting away somewhat from Diaz was doing in 2014. And they delivered.

After 2015 we had assistant coaches quietly telling people that our defensive backs had a difficult time picking up our defense and running it correctly. Then in 2016, while our defense continued to struggle, 2 of those defensive backs from 2015 made NFL rosters and got playing time. They struggled with our defense but were able to thrive in an NFL defense. That was embarrassing.

Going into this season Baker simplified the defense. It allowed everyone to think a little bit less and play faster. It also allowed some of the younger guys to step in and play right away. Baker talked about all of it on the coach's weekly radio show late in the season.

And in fairness to our assistant coaches the decision to play prevent late against South Carolina, the decision to drop 8 with 4 minutes left against USM, and the decision to play a soft zone late in the 1st half against North Texas, were all on Holtz. Sometimes he just gets too involved with the defense.

We could be looking at a 10 - win season if our head coach would have allowed those guys to do their jobs.
    Enlightening, thanks!

Puppy DurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the rough

Somebody please educate me. I'm just very curious as to why on this site and another LaTech fans are consumed with what ULL does. I would like think if LaTech is so far superior in all aspects, why would you really care? I don't follow LSU forums, but I highly doubt they are as consumed about LaTech or any other Dtate school. Seems to reason to me that we should be more concerned about our peers, unless ULL is more of a peer than most care to admit...???

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DurDog View Post
    Somebody please educate me. I'm just very curious as to why on this site and another LaTech fans are consumed with what ULL does. I would like think if LaTech is so far superior in all aspects, why would you really care? I don't follow LSU forums, but I highly doubt they are as consumed about LaTech or any other Dtate school. Seems to reason to me that we should be more concerned about our peers, unless ULL is more of a peer than most care to admit...???
    They are an easy target! When you have a University that is all consumed with a name game that it cannot even settle on, they are easy to poke fun at. When your admin and fans are currently convinced that the Big 12 is giving them an invite any day now, and they believe this, they are easy to make fun of. When your coaches invite all of their opponents recruits to one of their home games to show them how much better of a team they are and then you are donkey stomped in front of them, you are an easy target. When double digits of your team are arrested on felony charges at one time, you make it easy. Should I go on?
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 01-20-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I dont care. I imagine they were mostly interested this time around because the rumor involved our own coach.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Yep. Most head coaches probably would've fired Baker after the 2016 season. Skip didn't. Skip gave him another chance, and Baker delivered.

Tech has not fired an assistant coach during the entire Dooley/Dykes/Holtz era. Not many football programs can say they haven't fired an single assistant coach in over a decade.

How many DCs did Coach Roid cycle through?
    That said, I think LA Tech needs a new OC badly. A new OC could take LA Tech from a 7-win team to an 11-win team.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    It's completely understandable. Skip allowed our staff on defense, including Baker, to make needed changes in 2017, getting away somewhat from Diaz was doing in 2014. And they delivered.

After 2015 we had assistant coaches quietly telling people that our defensive backs had a difficult time picking up our defense and running it correctly. Then in 2016, while our defense continued to struggle, 2 of those defensive backs from 2015 made NFL rosters and got playing time. They struggled with our defense but were able to thrive in an NFL defense. That was embarrassing.

Going into this season Baker simplified the defense. It allowed everyone to think a little bit less and play faster. It also allowed some of the younger guys to step in and play right away. Baker talked about all of it on the coach's weekly radio show late in the season.

And in fairness to our assistant coaches the decision to play prevent late against South Carolina, the decision to drop 8 with 4 minutes left against USM, and the decision to play a soft zone late in the 1st half against North Texas, were all on Holtz. Sometimes he just gets too involved with the defense.

We could be looking at a 10 - win season if our head coach would have allowed those guys to do their jobs.
    GREAT post!

Somebody please educate me. I'm just very curious as to why on this site and another LaTech fans are consumed with what ULL does. I would like think if LaTech is so far superior in all aspects, why would you really care?
    You and I actually AGREE on this issue. I've never understood the affection some of our "fans" have for constantly comparing LA Tech's accomplishments to ULL's. ULL sucks, and everybody knows it. For the love of Pete, the bar --and our expectations-- should be raised. I want to know how we compare to USM, Tulane, Memphis, SMU, etc...not ULALA.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that's the case at all. This thread is about coaching changes throughout college football. UL-Lafayette had such a change last month and then offered a job to a coach currently on the Tech staff. The Cajuns also hired a former member of the Tech staff as well as a number of coaches with north Louisiana ties. That's what has drawn comments.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You and I actually AGREE on this issue. I've never understood the affection some of our "fans" have for constantly comparing LA Tech's accomplishments to ULL's. ULL sucks, and everybody knows it. For the love of Pete, the bar --and our expectations-- should be raised. I want to know how we compare to USM, Tulane, Memphis, SMU, etc...not ULALA.
    HD: See my post above. The comments in this thread about the Cajuns are appropriate given the situation.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Right! the hell with ull. We all know LSU is our SUPER BOWL!!! Er, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Right! the hell with ull. We all know LSU is our SUPER BOWL!!! Er, right?
    Unfortunately, IT IS true. LSU really is LA Tech's Super Bowl. And Tech can never be #1 in the state of Louisiana until it's beats LSU. That's a FACT. So, it's better to face up to it and win it than it is to pretend that playing LSU is unimportant.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Unfortunately, IT IS true. LSU really is LA Tech's Super Bowl. And Tech can never be #1 in the state of Louisiana until it's beats LSU. That's a FACT. So, it's better to face up to it and win it than it is to pretend that playing LSU is unimportant.
    This. We will never be a household name when there’s a school that’s perceived light years ahead by the entire state

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    SELA's Head Coach.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Frank Scelfo is the new coach at Southeastern.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Frank Scelfo is the new coach at Southeastern.
    Can't you feel the excitement!?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread