+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Coaching Carousel

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Re: 2017 Coaching Carousel

Good hire Ulala. Also reports that his assistant coach pay pool will be 2 million - wonder what ours is now? Also Rob Likens now being promoted to take Napier’s place instead of joining Sonny Dykes at SMU.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Good hire Ulala. Also reports that his assistant coach pay pool will be 2 million - wonder what ours is now? Also Rob Likens now being promoted to take Napier’s place instead of joining Sonny Dykes at SMU.
    Much better than hiring son of a legendary coach

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

They sure do have money for coaches (ULOL). We need to find ways to increase our funding or we will be left behind. The student fee needs to at the top of the list to get done this year, and find some new corporate sponsers.
    I am sure any suggestions to the administration would be looked at. We have a new man in charge and he has goals for us that are not to remain the same!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    Much better than hiring son of a legendary coach
    Holtz could do a better job for us, but I'm not sure we can find a better bargain.

Most of our fans have forgotten that when we hired Holtz we shifted approximately $500K of what Dykes was making to cover Mike White's salary. Even with the new contract for Holtz we are still way behind what we were paying Dykes and his staff 7 years ago.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Some of you are saying ULALA has a better coach than Tech. And some of you are saying they have more money, more to offer, know what they're doing, and by implication that Tech doesn't know what it's doing.....whoa! Oh man, y'all are in trouble now.

Dawg06 will post numbers disproving everything y'all are saying and then call you idiots for being so wrong.

And, the biggie!

Dog...65 will be here to shame each of you for daring to even compare ULALA to Tech. I know nothing about this Napier fellow. But, I don't have to know anything. The simple fact he is now associated with ULALA makes him a malcontent, nasty behaving, sorry sack-of-shit not worthy to hold Holtz's playbook (which could fit on a post-it-note).

Whew! I'm safe.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Some of you are saying ULALA has a better coach than Tech. And some of you are saying they have more money, more to offer, know what they're doing, and by implication that Tech doesn't know what it's doing.....whoa! Oh man, y'all are in trouble now.

Dawg06 will post numbers disproving everything y'all are saying and then call you idiots for being so wrong.

And, the biggie!

Dog...65 will be here to shame each of you for daring to even compare ULALA to Tech. I know nothing about this Napier fellow. But, I don't have to know anything. The simple fact he is now associated with ULALA makes him a malcontent, nasty behaving, sorry sack-of-shit not worthy to hold Holtz's playbook (which could fit on a post-it-note).

Whew! I'm safe.
    Who is saying all of this?

I think you know that I am fairly objective. This may turn out to be a great hire, but I have my doubts. And keep in mind, UL-Lafayette didn't do this willingly. They wanted a P5 coordinator and ended up having to throw that type of money at the situation after apparently a string of other potential candidates said no to them. They had to go this route to not end up having to hire either Fobbs or Rebowe.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Historian, birdofparadise and the stinkingenious say that Napier was the first choice all along.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Fobbs may not have been a bad choice for them. I hope this is, but we'll have to wait and see.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

FootballScoop Staff@FootballScoop 6m6 minutes agoMore

Source: Sean Lewis plans to accept Kent State head coaching position. Kent’s search is over….

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Who is saying all of this?

I think you know that I am fairly objective. This may turn out to be a great hire, but I have my doubts. And keep in mind, UL-Lafayette didn't do this willingly. They wanted a P5 coordinator and ended up having to throw that type of money at the situation after apparently a string of other potential candidates said no to them. They had to go this route to not end up having to hire either Fobbs or Rebowe.
    How is it the AD didn't do this willingly? Most Cajun fans believed the goal was to hire a P5 coodinator from the start and that's exactly what we did. I'm sure our AD had an idea of how much that was going to cost. Very few details leaked out during the process, and to my knowledge, very few since as well.

What surprised us all was the raise in assistant pay pool to $2MM which has been reported to be in the top 5 of G5 programs.

As for the "string of other potential candidates saying no", I have heard that no where else but here today. From what I saw reported, Napier and Brent Pry (DC of Penn State) were the top 2 candidates. Negotiations with Pry had stalled over his pay package when Maggard received phone calls from Saben and Dabo both pushing Napier and he pulled the trigger.

Napier just concluded his press conference and the reaction from Cajun fans is trying to decide if they're more pleased with him or with Maggard.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfanatico View Post
    How is it the AD didn't do this willingly? Most Cajun fans believed the goal was to hire a P5 coodinator from the start and that's exactly what we did. I'm sure our AD had an idea of how much that was going to cost. Very few details leaked out during the process, and to my knowledge, very few since as well.

What surprised us all was the raise in assistant pay pool to $2MM which has been reported to be in the top 5 of G5 programs.

As for the "string of other potential candidates saying no", I have heard that no where else but here today. From what I saw reported, Napier and Brent Pry (DC of Penn State) were the top 2 candidates. Negotiations with Pry had stalled over his pay package when Maggard received phone calls from Saben and Dabo both pushing Napier and he pulled the trigger.

Napier just concluded his press conference and the reaction from Cajun fans is trying to decide if they're more pleased with him or with Maggard.
    Well, good. Maybe you have finally hired a coach that will be good enough for somebody, anybody to hire away from you.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Well, good. Maybe you have finally hired a coach that will be good enough for somebody, anybody to hire away from you.
    Yeah, we flubbed it when upped Hud's pay to keep him from going to Tulane.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

You really think your AD wanted to create a coaching pool of nearly $3.5 million? Or did he do it because he had to to get a coach with any type of pedigree whatsoever? And don't be naive. What do you think your AD's consultant was doing from about November 27th until late Thursday night.

Now you're right about Maggard. We'll eventually find out about Napier.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we flubbed it when upped Hud's pay to keep him from going to Tulane.
    Tell your new coach not to schedule Tech and he'll be ok. Hud was crushed after those two blowouts by Tech and he couldn't recover.

Puppy don63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the roughdon63 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Tell your new coach not to schedule Tech and he'll be ok. Hud was crushed after those two blowouts by Tech and he couldn't recover.
    This! When Tech came to Cajun Field and stomped a mud hole in the Cajuns, it was the beginning of the end for him.

+ Reply to Thread