+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: W. Basketball. LA Tech Falls to No. 2 Texas

  1. #1
    I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,738

    Conf Big12 W. Basketball. LA Tech Falls to No. 2 Texas

    A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

    The Lady Techsters (4-2) and the No. 2 ranked Longhorns (5-0) will reunite Thursday night with a 7 p.m. tipoff at the Erwin Center. The game can be heard on the LA Tech Sports Network on KNBB 97.7 FM, KTKC 92.9 FM and KJVC 92.7 FM as well as through the Louisiana Tech X mobile app. The game will be televised on the Longhorn Network and streamed on WatchESPN.

    More...

    Discuss it here.

  2. #2
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,742

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post
    A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

    The Lady Techsters (4-2) and the No. 2 ranked Longhorns (5-0) will reunite Thursday night with a 7 p.m. tipoff at the Erwin Center. The game can be heard on the LA Tech Sports Network on KNBB 97.7 FM, KTKC 92.9 FM and KJVC 92.7 FM as well as through the Louisiana Tech X mobile app. The game will be televised on the Longhorn Network and streamed on WatchESPN.

    More...

    Discuss it here.

    Whew! I don't even know if I want to watch this one..... Going to be a really tough game!

  3. #3
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    8,727

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Whew! I don't even know if I want to watch this one..... Going to be a really tough game!
    I think the Sagarin line is 30...

  4. #4
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,742

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I think the Sagarin line is 30...
    Sounds about right. With our turnovers and their scoring in transition, it could be a long game. Surprising things happen at times, though.

  5. #5
    Champ BlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to beholdBlindDog is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale, Fla.(Wilton Manor)
    Posts
    4,098

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    It will depend on which team shows up for the game! The one that beat a 5-0 Penn State team or the team that lost to a 0-5 team in Vegas!
    Still shocked over that one!

  6. #6
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,742

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    It will depend on which team shows up for the game! The one that beat a 5-0 Penn State team or the team that lost to a 0-5 team in Vegas!
    Still shocked over that one!
    Yeah, that was horrible....... You can bet that Brooke is coaching hard about turnovers, which has been our problem for a while and Texas is one of the best at turning teams over this year so far.

  7. #7
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    28,780

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yeah, that was horrible....... You can bet that Brooke is coaching hard about turnovers, which has been our problem for a while and Texas is one of the best at turning teams over this year so far.
    Brooke should bench everyone that dribbles the basketball other than our point guard. That's what creates most turnovers....people start thinking they need to dribble. They don't. Pass it, shoot it and rebound it, but DO NOT DRIBBLE IT!!!

  8. #8
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    45,912

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I think the Sagarin line is 30...
    That's not "a line"

    Vegas does not post "lines' on WBB.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  9. #9
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    8,727

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That's not "a line"

    Vegas does not post "lines' on WBB.
    Fine, the spread then. Call it whatever you want.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    45,912

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Fine, the spread then. Call it whatever you want.
    "Spread or Line" implies gambling may take place. It will not.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  11. #11
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    8,727

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    "Spread or Line" implies gambling may take place. It will not.
    I've been working too long today for this pedantry

    Is "they are favored to win by 30, according to a particular mathmatical model" any better?

  12. #12
    Puppy LT2 is an unknown
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    82

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Until this year, part of our Suddenlink package included ESPN3 free. Every time I try to watch it now, it tells me I have to upgrade my Suddenlink package. Has anyone else had this problem.

  13. #13
    Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,775

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Hey everyone, hope yall are doing well.

    I was looking forward to this game until we lost to Niagra and man that is one WE DESERVED TO LOSE, We made their Big girl look like an all american and she took broke us down time and time again and just took it too the hole on us, we were flat footed the entire game.

    Talk about challenges well this is one of them, when you look at them they are BIG OMG they are BIG and thick from what I have seen in games on TV, but I remember when a little team out of columbia missouri called Missouri Tigers played the Lady Long Horns back in the 90's and it seemed about the same idea of me wondering how in the heck would they not get just humiliated.
    Mizzou lost 75-65 if my memory serves me correct and they asked the players after the game what it took to compete and not get killed and the answer was simple.

    Either you play your butt off or they will kill us was their mind sets
    well tonight we either need to play our butts off or they will kill us

  14. #14
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    8,727

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Hey everyone, hope yall are doing well.

    I was looking forward to this game until we lost to Niagra and man that is one WE DESERVED TO LOSE, We made their Big girl look like an all american and she took broke us down time and time again and just took it too the hole on us, we were flat footed the entire game.

    Talk about challenges well this is one of them, when you look at them they are BIG OMG they are BIG and thick from what I have seen in games on TV, but I remember when a little team out of columbia missouri called Missouri Tigers played the Lady Long Horns back in the 90's and it seemed about the same idea of me wondering how in the heck would they not get just humiliated.
    Mizzou lost 75-65 if my memory serves me correct and they asked the players after the game what it took to compete and not get killed and the answer was simple.

    Either you play your butt off or they will kill us was their mind sets
    well tonight we either need to play our butts off or they will kill us
    This will be a character builder for sure.

    To be honest though, this is the kind of game that we've played to start the season in recent years. Now we get to come in with a winning record and a pretty good win. Its not like Spoons games where we'd get the tar and fire beat out of us the first 5 games of the season then have no spirit left for the rest.

  15. #15
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,742

    Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB, Texas Reunite in Old Rivalry

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    This will be a character builder for sure.

    To be honest though, this is the kind of game that we've played to start the season in recent years. Now we get to come in with a winning record and a pretty good win. Its not like Spoons games where we'd get the tar and fire beat out of us the first 5 games of the season then have no spirit left for the rest.
    More than anything, I don't want our spirit knocked out. This team has some great potential, so no matter what happens, I just want that confidence to stay up for the year!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts