+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clemson Game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Conf Acc Clemson Game

They are 5-2 with a game today. Appears they play good defense, but struggle on offense since their scores look more like BIG 12 football scores. They have had just two opponents of note: lost to South Carolina 66-36 and beat Nebraska, on the road, 67-66.

My daughter and I are planning to go to the game Monday. It's kind of funny since I took my daughter to the playoff games all those years ago when she was young and Clemson was one of the teams in Ruston for that regional. We didn't play Clemson that go-around. They lost to Miami, who we then beat to advance to the Sweet 16. Like all kids my daughter was fascinated by the mascots. Champ and the Clemson tiger and the Miami mascot, a seagull, were all together between games with a group of kids. My daughter was high-fiving the Clemson mascot and says loudly, "Now I want to go see the duck!" I heard the Clemson mascot person laughing at that. A duck???

Oh...

Anyway, Clemson offers a tough test and I want to see our Techsters pass this test. I am disappointed by the loss to Niagara and getting blown out by UT. Gotta get back on track.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. LA Tech Hosts Clemson Monday

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech hopes to snap a two-game losing streak Monday night when the Lady Techsters hosts Clemson at 6:30 p.m. at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Clemson Game

Clemson beat Charleston Southern something like 65-30. That's typical of the type scores they have been posting. Now 6-2. Gonna be a tough test playing against a good defense.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

8 - 13 Clemson early.
    10 - 14 end Q1.
    Tie game 20 - 20
    Techsters take the lead 22-20
    27 - 23 Techsters

29 - 25 Half time

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Looked bad ugly for Tech early. They turned it around. Clemson is known for shootling poorly, but we are shooting worse at the half. Our rebounding edge has helped!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

35 - 32 Techsters with 4:30 left in Q3.
    35 - 37 Clemson end Q3. Game is getting very sloppy again. Tech only scored 6 points that entire quarter!
    36 - 42 Clemson A pass just hit Malone in the head, she wasn't even looking for a pass. You've got to be kidding.
    Tech is 1 of 13 on 3-point attempts.
    38 - 42 We made a basket!
    40 - 44 <2 mins remain in the game
    43 - 44 1:30 to go.
    43 - 46 1:03
    43 - 47 37 seconds left
    45 - 47 30 seconds
    45 - 49 The disappearing 3rd quarter (6 points) did us in.
    47 - 53 15 seconds
    Clemson wins

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like Malone is all we have on offense

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

This season is not turning out to be the slight improvement I had hoped (yet).

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls to Clemson in Defensive Battle

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Clemson held Louisiana Tech to a season low in points as the Tigers defeated the Lady Techsters 55-47 Monday night at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Clemson is long. They play good team defense and it was a tough go tonite. But...

the Techsters suffered a lot of self-inflicted wounds. No excuses...our players are not very good. They are not in Div I basketball shape, they were a step slow all night. Most of the issues need to be corrected by the players themselves. Coaching only goes so far, and at a point, players need to put in some work "on their own time."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Clemson is long. They play good team defense and it was a tough go tonite. But...

the Techsters suffered a lot of self-inflicted wounds. No excuses...our players are not very good. They are not in Div I basketball shape, they were a step slow all night. Most of the issues need to be corrected by the players themselves. Coaching only goes so far, and at a point, players need to put in some work "on their own time."
    You and I both know that Brooke has a different team a month into the season that is on the floor right now. They will improve. Saying that, last night was one of those VERY off nights for our offense. We struggled to hit anything at all. Clemson is good defensively, as we are, but not as good as the score shows. We were just off.

I trust Brooke to ultimately get the most out of her teams. That's been her track record her coaching career. But last night was frustrating. My daughter, who I coached in basketball, mentioned how GREAT of shape they were in, "our tongues wouldn't be dragging a few minutes into the game." Clemson was actually worse. Their bigs could only go for 1:30-2:00 at a time and had to be subbed out. My daughter said, "they need more time in the gym, and less time on their iphones."

We had more turnovers than made shots. That freshman guard from Canada, #1, was eventually benched for the rest of the game. It's very clear she's never seen a team like Clemson in her brief hoops experience. But Dixon was almost as bad, and even Anthony had issues running the point, the few times she tried. We missed, by actual count, 8 layups and 4 chippy-shots. Malone sucked last night. She had about half of those 12 misses. Anthony blew two wide open layups. So, the players you think we should be able to count on stunk it up last night.

Yeah, coaching gets the lion's share of the blame for crappy performances, but the players bare responsibility too.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Disappointed in the Techsters last night!
    Clemson's defense was the real deal... Been a Techster Fan for a long time, but slowly but surely losing my enthusiasm here!

+ Reply to Thread