+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/02 MBB vs Miles College

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. LA Tech Starts Four-Game Home Stand on Saturday

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

After suffering its first loss of the season, the Louisiana Tech men’s basketball team looks to start a new winning streak on Saturday night as they take on Miles College at 6 p.m. to begin a four-game home stand inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Starts Four-Game Home Stand on Saturday

1) Quit dribbling so much. (It creates too many turnovers, and it makes me nervous.)
    2) Start passing the ball around the perimeter quickly. You need better ball movement.
    3) Move your body without the basketball. It gives defenses fits.
    4) You gotta hit more than 17% of your 3-pointers. Get that up over 30%, and you score an extra 9 points against Alabama. And 30% is not great.
    5) The "Matador" defense has to shut the door on the oppositions drives into the paint.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    5) The "Matador" defense has to shut the door on the oppositions drives into the paint.
    As I said during Bama game, that was all about how the refs were calling the game. We had 8 players with 3 or 4 fouls - they had 1 player with more than 2 fouls.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

1) Quit dribbling so much. (It creates too many turnovers, and it makes me nervous.)
    2) Start passing the ball around the perimeter quickly. You need better ball movement.
    3) Move your body without the basketball. It gives defenses fits.
    4) You gotta hit more than 17% of your 3-pointers. Get that up over 30%, and you score an extra 9 points against Alabama. And 30% is not great.
    All those points require players to play "team" ball. They are not capable, not interested in playing quality basketball, and our coach is either clueless or unable to control his players.

If you watch our 83-85 teams under Coach Andy Russo you will see what team basketball looks like. We had many, many fast breaks when the ball never touched the floor...not once. The dribble was used only when, and as much, as necessary. Otherwise it was crisp passes....boom, boom, boom....slam dunk!

And team defense? OMG! Did you know Karl Malone is like in our top 20 for steals and block shots? And, of course, Willie Simmons was the king of swat! More than that, good defense is played with your feet....no, not soccer....by moving your body constantly and being in perfect defensive position.

Just like there is talk about this year's football team being boring, with a crappy brand of play, and people saying it's hardly worth spending money to see. So too is a lousy brand of basketball. If I want to watch five guys run around helter skelter without purpose I can go out to any school yard and see it. I'm not wasting my time (the money is not an issue, but my time is) to watch crappy basketball.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

What I've witnessed in this 2017 team so far is a street ball type of "ball hog" offense rather than the quick ball movement I spoke of in my highlights above. A few of our big guys should be told to NEVER dribble the basketball. As Dawg80 just explained, it's "crisp passes....boom, boom, boom....slam dunk!"

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    As I said during Bama game, that was all about how the refs were calling the game. We had 8 players with 3 or 4 fouls - they had 1 player with more than 2 fouls.
    Oh go cry a river. Sportsdawg, you forget that the rest of us watched the game too.

Alabama's two point guards ate us alive. The Tide's Dazon Ingram and Collin Sexton lead all scorers with 22 points EACH. And most of these points were scored from high percentage easy shots made while driving the lane, i.e., layups. This happens when a defense is not getting enough pressure on the guards out on the perimeter. A defense has to force the point guards to WORK FOR IT. That was not happening. We were giving them too much space. We were letting Ingram and Sexton get a running start, and then blast down the lane at 90 miles per hour straight to the hole. It's too late to stop that play when it gets under the rim. Defensively, that play has to be stopped --or at least slowed down-- out on the perimeter.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Basketball 12/02 MBB vs Miles College

Louisiana Tech vs Miles College
    Ruston, LA | Saturday | Dec 02 @ 6:00 PM

Radio: 107.5 FM
    Stream: CUSA.TV

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: 12/02 MBB vs Miles College

I know nothing of Miles College. I just found this image of their basketball facility. Must be a small school.

Varsity Bulldog Kodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the rough

I have 2 extra tickets if needed.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

This game counts for Tech but is an exhibition for Miles College. lol

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Oh go cry a river. Sportsdawg, you forget that the rest of us watched the game too.

Alabama's two point guards ate us alive. The Tide's Dazon Ingram and Collin Sexton lead all scorers with 22 points EACH. And most of these points were scored from high percentage easy shots made while driving the lane, i.e., layups. This happens when a defense is not getting enough pressure on the guards out on the perimeter. A defense has to force the point guards to WORK FOR IT. That was not happening. We were giving them too much space. We were letting Ingram and Sexton get a running start, and then blast down the lane at 90 miles per hour straight to the hole. It's too late to stop that play when it gets under the rim. Defensively, that play has to be stopped --or at least slowed down-- out on the perimeter.
    Collin Sexton was the National #1 PG coming out of high school

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

No sound on broadcast

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

17-4 Tech and the game is not that close. Miles is just too small. They are sagging inside to try to help then we just hit the 3's on them.
    35-12 Tech. Boykins just made his 1000th point as a Dawg. He is the 40th Tech player to do this.

55-26 Tech at half time. 11 have played for Tech and every one has scored.

85-39 9:35 to go.

106-55 FINAL

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

A first for me tonight. Actually fell asleep in my recliner while listening to this one on KVCL.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Bulldogs Hit Century Mark in Home Victory

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech fans got to see the lone senior reach a career milestone as well as some true freshmen flash their abilities all in the same night.

More...

Discuss it here.

+ Reply to Thread