+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth out in LaLa Land

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hudspeth out in LaLa Land

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    They'll probably blame Tech. They've been on a downward spiral since we went down there and beat them in 2014. Can we pull up that old thread where they came on this board and bragged about how bad they were going to beat us?
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...bowl-this-year.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...dio-announcers

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

This is bad news.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Here's the difference -- and it's a BIG difference -- Skip Holtz was coming off three consecutive winning seasons. He's now had four consecutive non-losing seasons (pending the outcome of the bowl game). He hasn't had a losing season since his first season. Hud followed his success with three straight losing seasons. Say we lose the bowl game and finished 6-7, then follow that up with a 4-8 season next year, then we are talking about a different scenario. Yes, if Skip Holtz has three straight losing seasons he will lose any capital that he's built up over the past three seasons with good years and bowl victories, and he will deserve to be let go.
    You made my point. Holtz is at that same point in the process, mostly, that Hud was after winning 4 straight bowl games. If any Cajun fans had expressed concerns over the job Hud was doing back then they would have been shouted down and called stupid and ridiculous by the sunshine pumpers who would lean on "4 straight bowl wins." Get it? ULALA fans were MORE concerned about Hud being hired away by a P5! Get it?

Now, you're saying if Holtz follows a similar path as Hud, he'd deserve to be let go. Agreed. But, can we afford to give Holtz three losing seasons before we pull the plug? AND! as they say in advertisements, "past results don't guarantee future results."

But the bigger point is this. It's nonsensical to think Holtz can't ultimately fail at Tech. His career track record indicates he's VERY likely to fail. He was never fired after posting a 10+ win season...

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And a real eye-opener and warning to those Holtz apologists who defend Skippy no matter what!

Hudspeth was VERY successful at a historical losing program. FOUR straight bowl wins, and 10-win seasons, actually better than what Holtz has accomplished here. Yes, it is true Holtz has faced a tougher overall schedule, but Holtz also benefitted from being at a program that has some winning tradition. Then when he no longer had any recruits from someone else, Hud failed miserably.

Just be aware....
    I think you need your eyes opened on this one. Not even comparable.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You made my point. Holtz is at that same point in the process, mostly, that Hud was after winning 4 straight bowl games. If any Cajun fans had expressed concerns over the job Hud was doing back then they would have been shouted down and called stupid and ridiculous by the sunshine pumpers who would lean on "4 straight bowl wins." Get it? ULALA fans were MORE concerned about Hud being hired away by a P5! Get it?

Now, you're saying if Holtz follows a similar path as Hud, he'd deserve to be let go. Agreed. But, can we afford to give Holtz three losing seasons before we pull the plug? AND! as they say in advertisements, "past results don't guarantee future results."

But the bigger point is this. It's nonsensical to think Holtz can't ultimately fail at Tech. His career track record indicates he's VERY likely to fail. He was never fired after posting a 10+ win season...
    We cannot afford to give HCSH that much rope, recovering would be to lengthy if we allowed that. Skip has built some capital, just not three years worth and he has burnt one year already as far as I am concerned. I am not on the fire Skip wagon at this time nor do I want to be, I would rather HCSH turn it around and win a CCG and a good bowl game next year along with P5 win.

Skips wins and losses are a concern of course, but what concerns me the most is the manner in which he has lost these games. That losing manner makes me fear that he has created a trend he cannot/will not get out of. That losing manner is the difference in giving a coach two years vs three years to straighten up. Should HCSH have another season like 2017 and do it in the same manner, I don't think he is salvageable, sorry, but I think he will have to go after 2018 if we do not see a vast improvement.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I would rather HCSH turn it around and win a CCG and a good bowl game next year along with P5 win.
    Making him 1-4 in CCG and 2-15 in P5. haha

A win against USM would be nice. Bring him to 3-3, or 1-3 if you count USM teams that aren't the very very bottom of FBS.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for Coach Smedium. Where will he get his skin tight sideline gear now?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

[QUOTE=dawg80;1678141]And a real eye-opener and warning to those Holtz apologists who defend Skippy no matter what!

Hudspeth was VERY successful at a historical losing program. FOUR straight bowl wins, and 10-win seasons, actually better than what Holtz has accomplished here. Yes, it is true Holtz has faced a tougher overall schedule, but Holtz also benefitted from being at a program that has some winning tradition. Then when he no longer had any recruits from someone else, Hud failed miserably. Omg,, only you could figure a way to compare HUD in any way to Skip. ULL has had scandal after scandal after scandal - Skip has run first class program. Another pathetic post on a day we get 4th bowl bid in a row. Pathetic- you actually comparing w/l record of a CUSA schedule to

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

let’s see- last 4 years 33 wins =15 losses . That’s over 67% wins . HUD had scandal after Scandal and Skip kept us proud of program. Some have compared Huds record in Southland to Skips in CUSA— are you kidding me. Another talks about apologists— hell know; we trying to counter opinions that often make no sense

Nice way to attack Skip on Day we get 4th bowl bid in a row

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    We cannot afford to give HCSH that much rope, recovering would be to lengthy if we allowed that. Skip has built some capital, just not three years worth and he has burnt one year already as far as I am concerned. I am not on the fire Skip wagon at this time nor do I want to be, I would rather HCSH turn it around and win a CCG and a good bowl game next year along with P5 win.

Skips wins and losses are a concern of course, but what concerns me the most is the manner in which he has lost these games. That losing manner makes me fear that he has created a trend he cannot/will not get out of. That losing manner is the difference in giving a coach two years vs three years to straighten up. Should HCSH have another season like 2017 and do it in the same manner, I don't think he is salvageable, sorry, but I think he will have to go after 2018 if we do not see a vast improvement.
    . 67% w/l last 4 years—you and I are polar opposites.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I love ya '65! Exactly the response I expected from you. Almost verbatim!

It's like knowing you have the right bait when you go fishing.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . 67% w/l last 4 years—you and I are polar opposites.
    65, you can’t argue that we give every coach in every sport way too much rope. Baseball was a train wreck under Sim and he was here for what seemed like an eternity. JBIII is one we all wish we could wipe from memory. Keith Richard and Rupp for basketball. I don’t want us to have too quick of a trigger, but an understanding of higher expectations shouldn’t be a bad thing.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    This is bad news.
    Agreed. It was fun to watch that overpaid meathead run that program further into the ground, but I guess all good things eventually come to an end.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This guy gone too?

+ Reply to Thread