+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth out in LaLa Land

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Hudspeth out in LaLa Land

Oh the memories

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You made my point. Holtz is at that same point in the process, mostly, that Hud was after winning 4 straight bowl games. If any Cajun fans had expressed concerns over the job Hud was doing back then they would have been shouted down and called stupid and ridiculous by the sunshine pumpers who would lean on "4 straight bowl wins." Get it? ULALA fans were MORE concerned about Hud being hired away by a P5! Get it?

Now, you're saying if Holtz follows a similar path as Hud, he'd deserve to be let go. Agreed. But, can we afford to give Holtz three losing seasons before we pull the plug? AND! as they say in advertisements, "past results don't guarantee future results."

But the bigger point is this. It's nonsensical to think Holtz can't ultimately fail at Tech. His career track record indicates he's VERY likely to fail. He was never fired after posting a 10+ win season...
    I understand your point. There are some on here who are talking like Holtz should be let go this year. Or maybe next year if he goes 6-6 again. I just don't think we should be at that point right now.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

This guy gone too?
    I was actually embarrassed for these guys when I saw this, and I would not have been embarrassed for them if they had all been caught with their pants down in the barnyard. That was one of the worst sideline sideshows I have ever seen.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Making him 1-4 in CCG and 2-15 in P5. haha

A win against USM would be nice. Bring him to 3-3, or 1-3 if you count USM teams that aren't the very very bottom of FBS.
    Geeez.......I wish you had not posted that, now even a turnaround does not look good when looking at the big picture!
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 12-03-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

On their board they do mark the beginning of the slide as being routed by us. Two guys mentioned it. (For the record, I read but never post there. Kind of like reading the advocate crime blotter, doesn’t really get close to me, but I like to know what is happening and what people are thinking.)
    Last edited by TechDAG; 12-03-2017 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . 67% w/l last 4 years—you and I are polar opposites.
    Sorry 65......I just cannot find the faith in HCSH right now to believe he can make some positive changes. Like I said, I hope he performs miracles next year and pulls off his best TECH season ever and has us ranked in the top 10, I want to have to eat a big serving of Crow. I am a glass half full type guy, I want to believe we are just a little down this year, but what I have seen on the field and coming from the sideline does give me cause for some concern. CUSA is not real great at this time and I just feel we should be performing better, almost the whole conference was mediocre, ten teams are bowl qualified mostly with 6-7 wins.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    They'll probably blame Tech. They've been on a downward spiral since we went down there and beat them in 2014. Can we pull up that old thread where they came on this board and bragged about how bad they were going to beat us?
    UL athletic director Bryan Maggard said, "Let's be honest, things have just never been the same for ULL since that LA Tech administrator --HogDawg-- said those terrible things about our school and our town on BB&B, right before LA Tech stomped us on our home field in 2014. I don't know what happened. We used HD's comments for bulletin board material, but it just didn't work. ULL was supposed to win that game, and we just didn't. And then, LA Tech turned around the very next year and beat us badly again, but this time in Ruston. Ever since those two defeats, this program has been on a down hill slide and losing fan support. So Hud had to go."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    UL athletic director Bryan Maggard said, "Let's be honest, things have just never been the same for ULL since that LA Tech administrator --HogDawg-- said those terrible things about our school and our town on BB&B, right before LA Tech stomped us on our home field in 2014. I don't know what happened. We used HD's comments for bulletin board material, but it just didn't work. ULL was supposed to win that game, and we just didn't. And then, LA Tech turned around the very next year and beat us badly again, but this time in Ruston. Ever since those two defeats, this program has been on a down hill slide and losing fan support. So Hud had to go."

True story

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I bet Hudspeth wakes up in a cold sweat every night seeing #28 run through his line untouched for 99 yards.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I bet Hudspeth wakes up in a cold sweat every night seeing #28 run through his line untouched for 99 yards.
    But, yknow, ULL is still #2 in the state.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    But, yknow, ULL is still #2 in the state.

Yep, a big ole steaming pile of #2.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I decided not to link this post to the few of you who are uniformed enough to compare Tech (Skip) and Hud (ULL) -- absurd

ULL 2011 1-12 2012 5-8 2013 1-12 2014 7-4 2015 4-8 2016 6-7 2017 5-7
    Now get ready for this--- What is biggest difference -- I am extremely proud of La Tech football and our clean program !! Holtz does it the right way ! is it a win if you forfeit ?? Major NCAA violations for ULL are these : 2011 forfeit 8 2012 4 forfeits 2013 8 forfeits 2014 2forfeits

Yet we have posters comparing our program to ULL --- know its only a handful of posters but unfortanely they never admit they are wrong. Comparing Tech to ULL is absurd

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I decided not to link this post to the few of you who are uniformed enough to compare Tech (Skip) and Hud (ULL) -- absurd

ULL 2011 1-12 2012 5-8 2013 1-12 2014 7-4 2015 4-8 2016 6-7 2017 5-7
    Now get ready for this--- What is biggest difference -- I am extremely proud of La Tech football and our clean program !! Holtz does it the right way ! is it a win if you forfeit ?? Major NCAA violations for ULL are these : 2011 forfeit 8 2012 4 forfeits 2013 8 forfeits 2014 2forfeits

Yet we have posters comparing our program to ULL --- know its only a handful of posters but unfortanely they never admit they are wrong. Comparing Tech to ULL is absurd
    Nobody here is using Lafayette or Coach Roid as a measuring stick. Many of us believe 6-6 was quite an under achievement this year with 7 home games. Many of us believe he under achieved in 2013. We should win 8 and compete for the conference championship next year. Do you agree?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody here is using Lafayette or Coach Roid as a measuring stick. Many of us believe 6-6 was quite an under achievement this year with 7 home games. YES Many of us believe he under achieved in 2013. NO We should win 8 and compete for the conference championship next year. Do you agree? YES
    Should have competed for the conference championship this year. 6-6 very easily could be 10-2. Y'all can debate the many reasons for that. I left my feelings on the subject at Williams-Brice Stadium.

But it is time for Skip to put a CUSA champions trophy in the locker cabinet.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Nobody here is using Lafayette or Coach Roid as a measuring stick. Many of us believe 6-6 was quite an under achievement this year with 7 home games. Many of us believe he under achieved in 2013. We should win 8 and compete for the conference championship next year. Do you agree?

absolutely! I cut the team a lot of slack because of injuries-- developing a QB -4- 1 p0int game and lack of experience. I bought into the 7 home games but that did not pan out. I have always believed Coach has recruited well so we will find out next year-- I personally do not believe CUSA is as weak as many think but 8 wins should be minimum benchmark ... I think most BBB projected this would be developing year - I am disappointed but ....

+ Reply to Thread