+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth out in LaLa Land

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Hudspeth out in LaLa Land

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And a real eye-opener and warning to those Holtz apologists who defend Skippy no matter what!

Hudspeth was VERY successful at a historical losing program. FOUR straight bowl wins, and 10-win seasons, actually better than what Holtz has accomplished here. Yes, it is true Holtz has faced a tougher overall schedule, but Holtz also benefitted from being at a program that has some winning tradition. Then when he no longer had any recruits from someone else, Hud failed miserably.

Just be aware....
    I have never been an apologist so I assume you are not writing about me. I do spend a lot of time trying to Educate the die hard Holtz attackers ..

Lets start with Hud-- WOW impressive record 94-59 oops-problem 66 wins in vision 2 == so ignore that and he is 28 -59 . How about all the sanctions and forfeited games at ULL -- meantime Skip took his team to 4 straight bowls and 38-27 record with the big boy (2006-2009) 16-21 before Tech (with bowl win) and 38-28 including 8 losses first year

IT IS Laughable that you think any of us are apologizing for a coach with 125 wins !! You refer to Hud having 10 years wins, that's nuts because they were Sanctioned and had to forfeit == I sure as heck not apologizing for having a clean program!!

again, you become an apologist when their is something to apologize for-- Skip is the real deal and has nothing to apologize for

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    My only issue with the developing QB issue is that when J'Mar was obviously struggling, he was just left out there to struggle some more. At first I thought Holtz didn't think he was struggling, but in a couple of post game quotes he pretty much indicated he thought our passing game was not what it should be.

Even if it was for a couple of series, I would have liked to see if we could have gotten a bit better if J'mar watched from the sideline for a while (not that the other QB was better, just needing a spark). I am still hopeful that this was not what we will see next year from that position.
    interesting article in paper today pointing out that O line was changing every week , wr hurt-no timing with ones playing- etc etc-- I just think he needs to make the choice --football of BB. I was shocked that he was rated 4/5 qb in CUSA. Think most of us were disappointed that he seemed to have lost his confidence and did not get better as year progressed. Hope we see a more confident qb at the bowl game -- we need it against Dykes

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    ULL's record when he was DC under Rickey Bustle.

2006 6-6
    2005 6-5
    2004 4-7
    2003 4-8
    2002 3-9
    A defensive minded Yankee as a HC in the deep south. They think they got the next Saban. Gotta love that!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

D65...never assume.

The point is Holtz is at a crossroads in his tenure here. No more Dykes' recruits, or Dooley recruits, they are all his going forward. 2017 was a frickin' RED FLAG waving! (I should say, "is" waving, this year ain't over yet.) And the crap hit the fan with Hud this year so it was a recent event and a convenient example to warn those with their heads buried in the sand to be aware re: Holtz. It was never my intention to compare Holtz vs. Hud line item by line item, and only a fool would do that (ahem!). Instead, mine was just a reminder that Hud was "moving mountains" at ULALA, winning FOUR straight bowl games (we'll see if Holtz can match that run), and the guy could do no wrong in the blurry-eyed view of Cajun fans. And then....kaplunk!

I hope Holtz wins the bowl game, we finish 7-6 (which was my prediction when we were asked a month ago how we would finish) and then go 11-2 or so next year and maybe land an Access Bowl birth. That's "my hope." I'm not so foolish to think I always get what I hope for.

So, again, the point was not to make a comparison of Holtz vs. Hud, per se, but rather to compare those fans blinded by moderate success and all giddy, like they have the second coming of Knute Rockne.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I have never been an apologist so I assume you are not writing about me. I do spend a lot of time trying to Educate the die hard Holtz attackers ..

Lets start with Hud-- WOW impressive record 94-59 oops-problem 66 wins in vision 2 == so ignore that and he is 28 -59 . How about all the sanctions and forfeited games at ULL -- meantime Skip took his team to 4 straight bowls and 38-27 record with the big boy (2006-2009) 16-21 before Tech (with bowl win) and 38-28 including 8 losses first year

IT IS Laughable that you think any of us are apologizing for a coach with 125 wins !! You refer to Hud having 10 years wins, that's nuts because they were Sanctioned and had to forfeit == I sure as heck not apologizing for having a clean program!!

again, you become an apologist when their is something to apologize for-- Skip is the real deal and has nothing to apologize for
    You are the only one who keeps saying Hudspeth won 10 games per year at ULL. Please stop claiming that. He never did. Even when he was cheating, Hud still couldn't win 10 games a year in the Belch. He maxed out at 9.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Katc tv now saying it was offered to Billy Napier.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You are the only one who keeps saying Hudspeth won 10 games per year at ULL. Please stop claiming that. He never did. Even when he was cheating, Hud still couldn't win 10 games a year in the Belch. He maxed out at 9.
    I did too. I didn't really research Hud's records and just thought I remembered a 10-win season. So, I am guilty of that as well.

But again, it was not my point to examine and then compare item by item Holtz vs. Hud. My ONLY reason for posting anything was to reign in our Holtz apologists who say he does no wrong. That he has accomplished as much as is possible in Ruston. No coach could do better! I think Holtz has under-achieved here. AND!! I was issuing a warning about the very real possibility of worse things to come.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I think Holtz has under-achieved here. AND!! I was issuing a warning about the very real possibility of worse things to come.
    I wholeheartedly agree

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the days of getting two paychecks every month is about to end for Skip. USF will make its last payment at the end of the month.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/201...tdown-calendar

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    He nailed it! He is gonna make friends fast calling the school that!

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

i can think of several coaches we have had i wished would have under preformed as much as Ship!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    He nailed it! He is gonna make friends fast calling the school that!
    It's a fake account, but I still Liked and retweeted it!

Billy Napier

@ULCoachNapier

Head Football coach at Lafayette University
    Lafayette, LA

Joined December 2017

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Katc tv now saying it was offered to Billy Napier.
    It appears that the administration will be all in on Napier and will give him the financial support to build a Sun Belt title contender.

Pat Forde
    @YahooForde

Per source, an Eye-opening detail in the Napier-to-Louisiana deal: a $2 million salary pool for assistant coaches. Huge for a G5 school

Source: Napier's deal is five years, with a max first-year compensation of $1.47 million if bonuses are reached.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    It appears that the administration will be all in on Napier and will give him the financial support to build a Sun Belt title contender.

Pat Forde
    @YahooForde

Per source, an Eye-opening detail in the Napier-to-Louisiana deal: a $2 million salary pool for assistant coaches. Huge for a G5 school

Source: Napier's deal is five years, with a max first-year compensation of $1.47 million if bonuses are reached.
    Yeah. This is insane money. Especially if they are still paying Hudspeth 1.5 million.

No clue where that chunk of change is coming from.

+ Reply to Thread