+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

  1. #31
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    4,659

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    OC is going as well, but will stay to coach bowl game.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

  2. #32
    Big Dog bleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the rough bleudog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    El Doradeaux, AR
    Posts
    808

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet


  3. #33
    Big Dog bleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the roughbleudog is a jewel in the rough bleudog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    El Doradeaux, AR
    Posts
    808

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    give you credit-- you missed it by 45 minutes--SMU coach Chad Morris HA a contact to become head coach at ARKANSAS-- not sure why Arkansas would hire a coach with 14-22 record but maybe I have wrong stats
    http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mo...to-score-fast/

  4. #34
    Big Dog BhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant future BhadDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Jonesville, LA
    Posts
    729

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    give you credit-- you missed it by 45 minutes--SMU coach Chad Morris HA a contact to become head coach at ARKANSAS-- not sure why Arkansas would hire a coach with 14-22 record but maybe I have wrong stats
    National signing day is going to be more of a distraction for SMU than it will be TECH. SMU will probably have a couple that they are trying to protect from Chad, even though they are SMU recruits, there will be one or two that Morris wants to take with him.

    I think your stats are right, they see something in Morris they like, Chad is recruiting to an academically restrictive school, ARK probably believes all Chad needs is the right environment. Tennessee thought all Dooley needed was the right environment, ARK is taking a gamble.

  5. #35
    Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    National signing day is going to be more of a distraction for SMU than it will be TECH. SMU will probably have a couple that they are trying to protect from Chad, even though they are SMU recruits, there will be one or two that Morris wants to take with him.

    I think your stats are right, they see something in Morris they like, Chad is recruiting to an academically restrictive school, ARK probably believes all Chad needs is the right environment. Tennessee thought all Dooley needed was the right environment, ARK is taking a gamble.
    With the scheme change heading to Fayetteville, I bet itís more like 10-12 recruits.

  6. #36
    Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,599

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I agree. It will take more than 40 points to win this game. And the defense that showed up against UTSA must show up in Frisco. And (this may step on your toes) Mr. Smith will have to perform much better than he has played in any game thus far to put up the points it may take to stay ahead.
    No toes stepped on.. I wasnít ready to write off JíMar early on. He needs to play his best game to score 40+. I didnít like the disparaging of JíMar when the coaches chose to trot him on the field every drive. If he isnít any good, at some point it becomes not his fault and the coaches fault for throwing him out there.

  7. #37
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    17,416

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    my grandson cries when we lose-- this will be his 4th bowl and comes to all the games with his dad and I ( Sportsdawg--sportsdawg is not obnoxious like me) . He is getting an award on morning of bowl and we are headed straight to Frisco after he gets award. yeah- I would be happy to win --wonder how losing their head coach will impact game??
    Actually it will be his 5th bowl - he was at the 2008 NIU I-Bowl. Only bowl he's missed in his life is the Poinsettia Bowl

  8. #38
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    28,580

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    National signing day is going to be more of a distraction for SMU than it will be TECH. SMU will probably have a couple that they are trying to protect from Chad, even though they are SMU recruits, there will be one or two that Morris wants to take with him.

    I think your stats are right, they see something in Morris they like, Chad is recruiting to an academically restrictive school, ARK probably believes all Chad needs is the right environment. Tennessee thought all Dooley needed was the right environment, ARK is taking a gamble.
    Chad Morris is a totally different coaching animal than Derek Dooley. Chad Morris has DEEP head coaching roots in Texas, including winning 3 state championships while coaching at the high school level. This is what Arkansas needs. for the Hogs to be successful, they must successfully recruit Arkansas and the state of Texas. Morris can help them with this.

    As far as we know, Dooley had never even coached a girls soccer team before coming to LA Tech, much less accomplished anything of any consequence in coaching.

  9. #39
    Champ Houston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant future
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,790

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    As far as we know, Dooley had never even coached a girls soccer team before coming to LA Tech, much less accomplished anything of any consequence in coaching.
    Short memory HD. Dooley had coached with Saban at Miami Dolphins (wide receivers coach) and maybe LSU. Still not much of a resume.

  10. #40
    Champ olddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant futureolddog75 has a brilliant future
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    5,180

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Dooley coaching history.

    Georgia (GA)
    SMU (WR)
    LSU (TE/RC)
    LSU (RB/ST)(Asst. HC)
    Miami Dolphins (TE)
    Louisiana Tech
    Tennessee
    Dallas Cowboys (WR)

  11. #41
    Big Dog BhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant futureBhadDawg has a brilliant future BhadDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Jonesville, LA
    Posts
    729

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Chad Morris is a totally different coaching animal than Derek Dooley. Chad Morris has DEEP head coaching roots in Texas, including winning 3 state championships while coaching at the high school level. This is what Arkansas needs. for the Hogs to be successful, they must successfully recruit Arkansas and the state of Texas. Morris can help them with this.

    As far as we know, Dooley had never even coached a girls soccer team before coming to LA Tech, much less accomplished anything of any consequence in coaching.
    Dooley had a resume', just not a great one other than being Vince Dooleys Kid. Chad will need all of his Texas recruiting roots to rebuild ARK, state of ark talent pool is just not that deep. Of course they are taking a gamble with Chad, I really like the odds for him to do well and possibly find that player of a lifetime while he is there, none the less, it is a gamble bringing Chad up to that level as a HC. My ? Is, do you think he is a good enough recruiter to bring prime Texas talent to fayettenam?

  12. #42
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    28,580

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Short memory HD. Dooley had coached with Saban at Miami Dolphins (wide receivers coach) and maybe LSU. Still not much of a resume.
    ....I'm not talking about some assistant coaching position, 5 spaces removed from the head coaching job. Fact is, Dooley was never a Head Coach, an offensive coordinator or a defensive coordinator before arriving at LA Tech. At best, Dooley was the 5th or 6th most important coach on any of those previous coaching staffs.

  13. #43
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    28,580

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Dooley had a resume', just not a great one other than being Vince Dooleys Kid. Chad will need all of his Texas recruiting roots to rebuild ARK, state of ark talent pool is just not that deep. Of course they are taking a gamble with Chad, I really like the odds for him to do well and possibly find that player of a lifetime while he is there, none the less, it is a gamble bringing Chad up to that level as a HC. My ? Is, do you think he is a good enough recruiter to bring prime Texas talent to fayettenam?
    Sure, Morris is good enough to recruit good Texas players to Arkansas. And he's good enough to build some offensive excitement. I don't know if he's good enough to build a strong DEFENSE that can win and compete in the SEC. That's where Arkansas is taking some risks.

  14. #44
    Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Conway,Ark.
    Posts
    12,676

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Morris brought 5 assistant coaches with him to a press conference yesterday in fayetteville, including the OC and DC and the RB coach, who is the HC for the bowl.

  15. #45
    Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute Amos Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,836

    Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....I'm not talking about some assistant coaching position, 5 spaces removed from the head coaching job. Fact is, Dooley was never a Head Coach, an offensive coordinator or a defensive coordinator before arriving at LA Tech. At best, Dooley was the 5th or 6th most important coach on any of those previous coaching staffs.
    Oh, but you forget the most important asset in a resume' per La. Tech..............son of a famous head coach!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts