+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Every year we go to a bowl game and every year a part of me is pissed that Skip didn't do something I saw in the game during the regular season. Its like the minute bowl season starts he flips a switch and turns into a totally different style of coach.
    I think most of us are praying Skip flips a switch and turns into a totally different Coach! Hope at least one of our players has a switch also.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

J'Mar is the switch that needs to be flipped. He needs his internal clock set for 3 seconds maximum and the ball is gone or he is running.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I think one reason that Skip does so well in Bowl games is that he actually gameplans for the team that he is facing rather than a generic gameplan that we see week to week.

Defensively:
    For SMU you have to focus on getting to the QB because simple coverage doesn't work. Pressure is the way to get them out of a rhythm. Their QB is not one to run for yards. He is a good pocket passer when he has time. Disrupt their uptempo rhythm.

Offensively:
    Their defense is bad. Very porous. Lots of missed assignments and poor tackling. BUT - You have to score TDs not FGs on offense. They will score TDs. We can have the time of possession, put up 500 yards of football, and yet still lose the game by 20 points if we are content to drive the field for an FG.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    4th and 3 on the SMU 30- Go for it, don't settle for an 'easy' FG. We will be scoring FGs while SMU is scoring TDs.
    4th and 3 on the SMU 3- Go for it, don't settle for the 'easy' FG. Match TD for TD with SMU.
    Don't run the same play over and over and over because we believe we must "simplify our offense for our players". We are simplifying the play for the opponent's defense!

If it is 4th and 6, that is a different story, but not playing fast and aggressively will kill our momentum and moral as it did many times this year. Play fast and our execution magically improves. You don't have to be Bear Bryant's grandson or Nick Saban to observe these things.
    Exactly!!!!!!!! No friggin field goals!!!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Back on the subject of Track meet, I think Chad Morris is on the radar of more than one team out there as a desirable coach to hire, maybe even the Tennessee radar.

One Scenario is that Chad Morris could still be negotiating or on the market come Bowl game time and of course he will need to prove his worth, just how badly would he try to beat us and run up the score. Most likely what ever deals are to be made will be made before our bowl though.

Second scenario is that Chad is hired away and SMU has an interim coach who would like to make the position permanent, if he is well liked and an intelligent and aggressive coach, he may rally the team to run the score up.

Frankly I think Chad Morris is hired away before the 20th, maybe in the next few days, and that puts him choosing between national signing day and Coaching a bowl game. Morris is not gonna coach a bowl game in my opinion, especially if he is hired away by a P5 team, they will expect him to be out recruiting and there on signing day. I don't think Morris has enough value to demand of his future employer that he be allowed to stay on at SMU and coach a bowl game.

Mostly I hope Skip flips that switch and does what he needs to and our defense really shines and we win this game in an exciting manner.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

We gotta score. We’ve struggled doing that minus the NSU and UTEP games. We need to score 40+

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Can we get our running backs healthy by time for the bowl game?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    J'Mar is the switch that needs to be flipped. He needs his internal clock set for 3 seconds maximum and the ball is gone or he is running.
    He needs to be thinking....one....two...three.......three= ME = Run like Hell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    He needs to be thinking....one....two...three.......three= ME = Run like Hell!!!
    Think your right...if J'Mar has not found an opportunity in three seconds, secure the ball and just run!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Hopefully he can count to four or five with the SMU defense.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tickets are selling well. Over 1,000 bowl tickets sold just today.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

LaTech Re: SMU's Offense Will be a Track Meet

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    We gotta score. We’ve struggled doing that minus the NSU and UTEP games. We need to score 40+
    I agree. It will take more than 40 points to win this game. And the defense that showed up against UTSA must show up in Frisco. And (this may step on your toes) Mr. Smith will have to perform much better than he has played in any game thus far to put up the points it may take to stay ahead.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Skip will surprise us all and make D65 proud.
    my grandson cries when we lose-- this will be his 4th bowl and comes to all the games with his dad and I ( Sportsdawg--sportsdawg is not obnoxious like me) . He is getting an award on morning of bowl and we are headed straight to Frisco after he gets award. yeah- I would be happy to win --wonder how losing their head coach will impact game??

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tickets are selling well. Over 1,000 bowl tickets sold just today.
    we only have 2500 "decent seats" -- got my 12 Monday

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Back on the subject of Track meet, I think Chad Morris is on the radar of more than one team out there as a desirable coach to hire, maybe even the Tennessee radar.

One Scenario is that Chad Morris could still be negotiating or on the market come Bowl game time and of course he will need to prove his worth, just how badly would he try to beat us and run up the score. Most likely what ever deals are to be made will be made before our bowl though.

Second scenario is that Chad is hired away and SMU has an interim coach who would like to make the position permanent, if he is well liked and an intelligent and aggressive coach, he may rally the team to run the score up.

Frankly I think Chad Morris is hired away before the 20th, maybe in the next few days, and that puts him choosing between national signing day and Coaching a bowl game. Morris is not gonna coach a bowl game in my opinion, especially if he is hired away by a P5 team, they will expect him to be out recruiting and there on signing day. I don't think Morris has enough value to demand of his future employer that he be allowed to stay on at SMU and coach a bowl game.

Mostly I hope Skip flips that switch and does what he needs to and our defense really shines and we win this game in an exciting manner.
    give you credit-- you missed it by 45 minutes--SMU coach Chad Morris HA a contact to become head coach at ARKANSAS-- not sure why Arkansas would hire a coach with 14-22 record but maybe I have wrong stats

+ Reply to Thread