+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renewing Louisiana State Driver's License

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Renewing Louisiana State Driver's License

It's my understanding that to renew this go-around will require a certified copy of a birth certificate and a social security card (not a photo copy).I'll have to renew in February. Anyone been through this recently?

This is because Louisiana is being "forced" to join with other states to better assure identification of US citizens from illegals. It might be aggravating but I support doing something to resolve the illegals' problems. I also understand that when we have to renew our passports there will be some extra steps/documentation needed.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Re: Renewing Louisiana State Driver's License

When I renewed my DL last year, you had the option if you wanted the "RealID" designation on your license. (Not sure if it is still an option.) If you wanted the designation, there was other paperwork required. If you have a passport, you can bring that in lieu of the birth certificate. Also, be sure to bring two items (such as bills) that verify your home address. I think an original SS card is also required as you said.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Here is info http://www.expresslane.org/Documents...ure8-23-17.pdf

You can renew your license without the extra documents, however:

Visitors seeking access to military bases and almost all Federal facilities using their state-issued driver’s licenses or identification cards must presentproper identification issued by REAL ID compliant states or a state that has received an extension. When planning a visit to a Federal facility ormilitary base, visitors should contact the facility to determine what identification will be accepted.
    • Starting October 1, 2020, every air traveler will need a REAL ID-compliant license, or another acceptable form of identification, for domestic airtravel.

In order to obtain a REAL ID driver’s license or identificationcard the following five items must be verified:
    1. Identity
    2. Lawful Status
    3. Date of Birth
    4. Social Security Number
    5. Proof of residence (two documents)

For example, if you currently have a valid Louisiana Driver’s
    license, presenting your original or certified copy of your birth
    certificate issued from a state or territory of the United States
    and your Social Security card would provide the first 4 items
    on the list. Unless you are changing your address, your
    valid Louisiana driver’s license can be utilized as one form of
    proof of residence, a second form could be a utility bill in your
    name with that same address.
    Commonly used primary and secondary documents are:
    • Original or Certified copy of birth certificate issued by a state
    within the United States (primary)
    • Unexpired U.S. passport (primary)
    • Permanent Resident Card (primary)
    • Social Security Card (secondary)
    • Voter Registration Card (secondary)
    Commonly used legal presence documents are:
    • Original or Certified copy of birth certificate issued by a state
    within the United States.
    • An unexpired foreign passport, which includes Arrival/Departure
    Record (I-94, CBP I-94A or I-797A) with appropriate entry
    endorsement.
    Commonly used Social Security documents are:
    • A Social Security card
    • A W-2*
    • A SSA-1099 form or a non-SSA-1099 form*
    • A pay stub with the applicant’s name and SSN on it*
    *Full or partial Social Security Number

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

If you have a Louisiana Lifetime Hunting License and Hunter Safety Card, you can get those endorsed on your driver's license and not have to carry those cards with you.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thanks all!

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I also understand that when we have to renew our passports there will be some extra steps/documentation needed.
    Just renewed my passport. No extra documentation was required.

+ Reply to Thread