+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are the other...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Who are the other...

...Louisiana Techs of the world our AD keeps talking about? Does he realize how condescending he sounds when he lumps us in with some unidentified "mid-majors"?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who are the other...

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    ...Louisiana Techs of the world our AD keeps talking about? Does he realize how condescending he sounds when he lumps us in with some unidentified "mid-majors"?
    McNeese, probably. Maybe Northwestern State.

I didn't listen but I saw some of the tweets. Just rolled my eyes.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

So rather than pointing to the character traits that distinguish us from others, are we thinking of ways to point out similarities? You know, we don’t want to stand out and make ourselves more attractive than another school. That might hurt others feelings.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I surely do wish we had someone with a vision for how to move us forward and set us apart- maybe even welcome fans.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

This morning on radio he raved about his relationship with Setters & what a great relationship we have with the I-Bowl. That the IBowl didn’t want to see us left out & he implied they would have taken us if we had no other options.
    #1 He’s delusion
    #2 Most Tech fans know the I Bowl has never been pro-Tech
    we’ve either had to beg to get in or we were there team of last resort
    #3 The IBowl sux -glad we are going elsewhere

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Would love for our Dawgs to play FSU instead of SMU. BUT... The Frisco Bowl is going to generate a TON publicity for us here in DFW. With SMU being in the bowl, the local media will give it far more than we'd get playing another bowl game.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Would love for our Dawgs to play FSU instead of SMU. BUT... The Frisco Bowl is going to generate a TON publicity for us here in DFW. With SMU being in the bowl, the local media will give it far more than we'd get playing another bowl game.
    I'm thinking we are way better off in the Frisco Bowl! Our memories from last year's game in the area were terrific.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I'm thinking we are way better off in the Frisco Bowl! Our memories from last year's game in the area were terrific.
    Agree completely! We are definitely much better off in the Frisco Bowl. And Tech being in Frisco for the Frisco College Baseball Challenge then the CUSA men's and women's basketball championship really ties it together. A strong awareness/presence in DFW will help Tech immensely in both athletics and academics. Goodness knows our tuition is lower than most of these. The drive to Ruston isn't too far out of whack with the drive a lot of kids here are willing to make to other universities. All we need is to get the kids interested.

Location Miles Hr:Mins
    Waco 98 1:28
    College Station 180 2:47
    Norman, OK 189 2:53
    Austin 195 3:02
    Houston 239 3:33
    San Marcos 225 3:44
    Ruston 254 3:46
    Stillwater 268 4:00
    San Antonio 273 4:28
    Lubbock 345 4:59
    Fayetteville 335 5:08
    Red Stick 430 6:17

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    I don't even know what it mean for the program if we were to beat FSU at this point. The general perception would be that it is fluke due to the current disarray of their program. This game against SMU is the only thing on TV that evening. I bet it will be widely viewed.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't even know what it mean for the program if we were to beat FSU at this point. The general perception would be that it is fluke due to the current disarray of their program. This game against SMU is the only thing on TV that evening. I bet it will be widely viewed.
    Having watched our offense all year, I'm not sure that is a good thing.

TB

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I believe Dawg1984 is absolutely correct. Playing in Frisco seems to be the best for Tech geographically at this given point in time. New Orleans against the Sun Belt would not have been good for us at this point in time.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to make arrangements to be available those days so we can make a quick trip over, will be nice to sit/watch in a full stadium. This is absolutely my busiest time of year so keeping my fingers crossed I can make this work!

I like the idea of Frisco and a bowled in small stadium that Tech/SMU should be able to fill.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

4 straight bowl games is better than all but one in this state, and I have to trust we break through the wall like we did against the service academies last year. A win against SMU with a FG in the last seconds will do.

Tech 30
    SMU 27

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I surely do wish we had someone with a vision for how to move us forward and set us apart- maybe even welcome fans.
    Speaking of our AD....did you know that last night was "Pack the Tac" night and $6 tix for all seats? Yep. I stopped by the Tech Ticket Office to buy bowl tix and also tix for the game last night, and the young fellow, goes, oh! I forgot, all tix are $6 tonight. "Really?" I asked. Yep, he says, promotional to fill seats tonite for the Clemson game.

You can't make this stuff up.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Speaking of our AD....did you know that last night was "Pack the Tac" night and $6 tix for all seats? Yep. I stopped by the Tech Ticket Office to buy bowl tix and also tix for the game last night, and the young fellow, goes, oh! I forgot, all tix are $6 tonight. "Really?" I asked. Yep, he says, promotional to fill seats tonite for the Clemson game.

You can't make this stuff up.
    That was announced as early as the UTSA football game.

+ Reply to Thread