+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. LA Tech Goes Up Against Stephen F. Austin on Wednesday Night

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Goes Up Against Stephen F. Austin on Wednesday Night

We have no inside offensive presence. White blocked 5 shots on defense but he was a none factor on offense. SFA ruled the paint on both ends of the court all game.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    We have no inside offensive presence. White blocked 5 shots on defense but he was a none factor on offense. SFA ruled the paint on both ends of the court all game.
    Which is why we fall short every year when it counts. Sherman was our best inside last year and would have helped this year. He's gone and there is no one remotely close to score points in the paint. Our guards are our offense. Dribble penetration to the rim or kick out, or turnover. Anytime you score 80+ you expect to win. So even without an inside offensive presence we scored more than enough to get the 'w". We committed 17 turnovers and played porous, lazy defense which was the difference in the game. Bracey is very talented but turns the ball over way too much.

Varsity Bulldog TechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her game

A couple of notes:
    • The offense doesn't seem to have an identity without Bracey.
    • I wish Bracey would penetrate and kick out more. Some of his shot attempts are terrible.
    • I would like to see Harris take a more aggressive role on offense.
    • Boykins was CLUTCH when it mattered
    • Student crowd was awesome
    • I'm a better athlete than White.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    SFA simply wanted it more. SFA came to play. We didn't. Our guys tried to sleep walk to a win as if we were still playing Miles College. Night and day different in intensity until the very end when our guys realized we were in a dogfight. We were L-A-Z-Y tonight. Lazy on defense. Lazy rebounding. Lazy passing. Unacceptable effort. And Bracey just wanted to put on a dribbling show. We made no adjustments. Failure by our coaching staff too.
    I didn't get to go or listen, but by looking at the stats and following it on CBS Sports - I think that's a pretty accurate description especially on the defensive side of things

Good to great night offensively

Rebounding ok

Turnovers atrocious

Defensive effort was D-
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Special thanks to Dwayne for giving my family his tickets and a Tenacious delivery service!
    Glad you could put them to use!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    We’ll be alright. Players can’t be happy after this.

Blue Dawg.. man I can be as pessimistic as they come. You went to Arkansas for grad school if I’m not mistaken and since then you’ve been such a downer w/ tech sports. Dude if you don’t love tech then stop caring! Did you start pulling for tech when you became a student? That answer will explain it all.
    I did. I grew up in Arkansas and had been a Razorback fan all my life. Within a year of starting school at Tech I was a Tech fan for life. I still rooted for Arkansas sometimes, but never if they were playing Tech. As years went by, I cared less and less about the Razorbacks. Louisiana Tech has me, totally.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Tech teams just CANNOT hold on to a lead. There's gotta be a conspiracy. There's no way two sports are this bad in such specific situations.
    Amen! The pattern that has developed in these situations goes beyond reason now.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I did. I grew up in Arkansas and had been a Razorback fan all my life. Within a year of starting school at Tech I was a Tech fan for life. I still rooted for Arkansas sometimes, but never if they were playing Tech. As years went by, I cared less and less about the Razorbacks. Louisiana Tech has me, totally.
    I didn't grow up here. Tech was my first love. Now that I go to Arky, I enjoy it when they win, but it doesnt crush me when they lose.

It crushes me when Tech loses, every time. I dont think I'll ever lose that

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Final

SFA 85
    Tech 83

Crrraaapppp.
    I swear, we need to change our school name to "Almost University". This has got to me MENTAL.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

It crushes me when Tech loses, every time. I dont think I'll ever lose that
    You will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You will.
    Yep - when real life happens, games are just what they are - games and a hobby....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yep - when real life happens, games are just what they are - games and a hobby....
    It still hurts when it's the ONLY team you care about. You have a buffer now with high school and the Saints. I have not cared about high school in many years and don't care about any nfl team. I don't count sports passion as real life.

Basketball is so agonizing to watch or listen to because it ain't over until the last tick of the clock. I'm still seeing Tisdale's shot roll around the rim 30 years later.

I have to admit to the high school part -

I'm around those a lot of those kids everyday and being real good friends with the coaches it gets personal -

The Logansport loss last year with those 17 seniors and Kentwood this year was as bad as any loss I have felt with TECH just knowing Haynesville was the better team and how they let it slip away and seeing how it gutted the kids

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

It has always ripped my guts out whenever I watch Tech lose in football or basketball, though I'll admit I somehow got a little less emotional about it this year in football. Maybe it's that I've been living way up in Iowa now for a while and have not been able to just easily drive to games, like I could from San Antonio, but it's not as day-ruining when they lose. I was quite let down, however, to see we lost to both Bama and SFA now in basketball, because I feel we're always SOOOOOOOO close to being really good in the sport, and yet we just can't quite get over the hump.

Maybe that's what it is. I still felt like we had a shot in basketball, but in football this season, we fell so hard and fast, that it took the wind out of me. I also flew down for the Mississippi State debacle/embarrassment, so I may have gotten all my possible emotions beaten out of me on that trip.

Let's just try to FINALLY win the friggin' C-USA tournament, so it's at least not in Birmingham this time!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    It has always ripped my guts out whenever I watch Tech lose in football or basketball, though I'll admit I somehow got a little less emotional about it this year in football. Maybe it's that I've been living way up in Iowa now for a while and have not been able to just easily drive to games, like I could from San Antonio, but it's not as day-ruining when they lose. I was quite let down, however, to see we lost to both Bama and SFA now in basketball, because I feel we're always SOOOOOOOO close to being really good in the sport, and yet we just can't quite get over the hump.

Maybe that's what it is. I still felt like we had a shot in basketball, but in football this season, we fell so hard and fast, that it took the wind out of me. I also flew down for the Mississippi State debacle/embarrassment, so I may have gotten all my possible emotions beaten out of me on that trip.

Let's just try to FINALLY win the friggin' C-USA tournament, so it's at least not in Birmingham this time!
    I feel the same. 2013 football wasn't so bad, well it sucked, but there were no pretentions, we were BAD and we played like it.

Lately, we've been good enough to win but we've given it away too many times (labg). That hurts more, I think. I can handle getting the shit kicked out of us - I can accept being bad. It's harder to accept it when I know we could be so much better we just...aren't. Very sobering.

+ Reply to Thread