+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs SMU (12/20)

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Frisco Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs SMU (12/20)

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    We did an outstanding job covering their receivers. Through the whole game. The coverage made Hicks hold the ball longer than he normally had to and our line & LB's got good pressure on him. And that blitzing off the end was killer. Maybe we've finally figured out how to execute our defense.
    This! The key to the whole game! Tech's DB's are outstanding and young!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's a shame he could not have had them ready during the season. Has anybody tried to hire him away like our last S&C guy? Let me guess...he loves Ruston.
    You know, I am still not sure about Hester, sometimes I see things that make me think he is doing an excellent job, sometimes I see things like lot's of injuries and it makes me have my doubt's. I see lot's of post by the players about their strength and conditioning and how good it is, but is it the right kind for a football player and his position? I just don't know enough about the position to make a lot of comments or evaluations of how good or bad of a job Hester is doing.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVED the look on Dyke's face the entire second half. He sooooo wanted that game to end and it just wouldn't Major "In your face" by Tech.

And, no one on SMU's sideline wanted to talk to him or even be near him.

Dude that he was going to just show up and watch a beat down. Dumbass!

The play calling by the SMU grad assistant really really showed. He had the "deer in the headlights" more than Hicks did. Did you notice all of the SMU run plays while they were down BIG. Stupid stupid, SMU didn't have a chance once the grad assistant fell in love with the ground game.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Meltdown on SMU board

Message Boards
    ponyfans.com

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    I LOVED the look on Dyke's face the entire second half. He sooooo wanted that game to end and it just wouldn't Major "In your face" by Tech.

Did Sonny ever put a pair of headphones on in the second half? Was not able to watch first half (yet) so no idea if he ever had them on, of course have no idea if he even had anyone he could have talked to. Sonny must have served as more of a consultant last night rather than a coach, don't count him out, it will be different the next time we meet.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Meltdown on SMU board

Message Boards
    ponyfans.com
    They just need some patience, Sonny is back in Texas and has probably learned a lot about life outside the G5 and will at least bring SMU back to Chad Morris level and probably better. I do not think Sonny will be anxious to go anywhere else for a while, especially anywhere else other than Texas

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The play calling by the SMU grad assistant really really showed. He had the "deer in the headlights" more than Hicks did. Did you notice all of the SMU run plays while they were down BIG. Stupid stupid, SMU didn't have a chance once the grad assistant fell in love with the ground game.
    It was a meltdown of the QB more than the GA. The calls were good - just not executed and that was OUR defense that caused the disruption. Holtz know their plays and we executed perfectly on defense! They stopped passing because we kept intercepting. They QB was shaken up completely.

Puppy kbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nice kbm86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Meltdown on SMU board

Message Boards
    ponyfans.com
    Wow. Talk about a delusional fan base. We've been taking these chumps to the woodshed for years!
    http://www.winsipedia.com/louisiana-tech/vs/smu

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kbm86 View Post
    Wow. Talk about a delusional fan base. We've been taking these chumps to the woodshed for years!
    I am not even going to look. SMU has always had an inflated ego. They didn't think they belonged in the same conference as us, as soon as we were invited to CUSA. I remember beating them in what I think was our CUSA opener in Shreveport. I was at that game, but someone can correct me if that was not our opener in CUSA.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

LaTech Re: Frisco Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs SMU (12/20)

And we will be doing it again in 2021 and 2023

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It was a good feeling at halftime when I was walking to the liquor bar to get a double vodka drink and seeing all the snobby SMU fans leaving early.

Overall, we were the more entertaining product last night. Our band, crowd, and team looked great.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The Twitterverse was very unkind to SMU during the woodshedding... https://www.seccountry.com/sec/twitt...lf-frisco-bowl
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

2001- Tech 36, SMU 6
    2002- SMU 37, Tech 34
    2003- Tech 41, SMU 6
    2004- Tech 41, SMU 10
    2017- Tech 51, SMU 10

5-game totals: Tech 203, SMU 69

Avg. game score: Tech 41, SMU 14.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    And we will be doing it again in 2021 and 2023
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I think his presence on the sideline had to be a distraction. Think of losing your coach and then the new guy comes in, has to be a screw with your head. You are bummed you lost your coach, I'm sure Dykes was trying to be a "player's coach" more so than usual, but I'm also sure the players felt additional pressure to perform.

Regardless, we knocked them down and stepped on their throats like we should have.

+ Reply to Thread