+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs SMU (12/20)

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Frisco Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs SMU (12/20)

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Adam GrosbardVerified account @AdamGrosbard 17m17 minutes ago

Graduate assistant GJ Kinne will call plays for SMU during the Frisco Bowl vs Louisiana Tech. Kinne, a former NFL QB, worked primarily with the OL this year at SMU. QB Ben Hicks is playing a very collaborative role with Kinne and new head coach Sonny Dykes in prep for LA Tech

I remember seeing this guy at a Spring game several years back (he was on a recruiting visit). I think he was looking to transfer from Texas and we had a receiver from his high school team.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Hey idiot! Who are you? Anybody who says something like that is not a Tech fan and is a total dumb ass.
    Relax Paw he is a TECH regular on the CUSA board.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    and a good one at that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    and a good one at that.
    Yes, I've heard he does us proud on the C-USA board.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Adam GrosbardVerified account @AdamGrosbard 17m17 minutes ago

Graduate assistant GJ Kinne will call plays for SMU during the Frisco Bowl vs Louisiana Tech. Kinne, a former NFL QB, worked primarily with the OL this year at SMU. QB Ben Hicks is playing a very collaborative role with Kinne and new head coach Sonny Dykes in prep for LA Tech

I knew I recognized this "kid's" name from somewhere. And then I got it. Some of you may recall that back in 2009, Kinne's father Gary Joe, the football coach at Canton High School in Texas, was shot --that's right, SHOT-- by an irate parent in his on-campus office during school hours.

From the linked story/article below:

Jeff Robertson, a disgruntled parent of a football player, entered Gary Joe Kinne's office and, without saying a word, shot the coach once in the stomach. After he left, Kinne managed to call for help and collapsed when it arrived.

Gary Joe Kinne spent about 100 days in the hospital and had three or four surgeries. The man who was given a 10 percent chance of living left the hospital and helped lead his Canton team to a 12-2 record that fall. He also was named the Adams USA National Coach of the Year.

Robertson (the gunman), who has a tattoo of a gun-wielding Yosemite Sam and the words "Born to Raise Hell" on his arm, was arrested a few hours later on that afternoon.

School authorities said Robertson had already been barred from the high school and told not to attend games after several confrontations, including one at a football picnic where he was accused of "shoving and verbally abusing" coaches. His son was a Canton freshman at the time.

Robertson received a 20-year sentence for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...er-player.html

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Is this the "official" bowl thread? I tried to create one where other bowls/other teams can be discussed and not get mixed up in our specific discussion of our bowl. But...

Troy 7 UNT 0 opening drive of game.

I mentioned somewhere else, probably now under thread about one of our assistant coaches or something that on the Bowl Mania Prediction Show the pundits had every CUSA team, except FAU, losing our bowl game. If we are to give Holtz a pass on under-achieving this year then CUSA is gonna have to kick butt in our bowls, as we have done fairly well in recent years. Last year CUSA was 4-3 and we let two get away.

Very early on, UNT looks over-matched by Troy, who looks bigger, stronger, and faster.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Yep. Fumbling the ball away on your own 14 is not the way to win a football game.

Troy 15 - UNT 0
    Troy 22 - UNT 7
    Troy 22 - UNT 20
    Troy 29 - UNT 20

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    People who resort to name calling are people with no argument.
    and that my friend is the purpose of social media-- I embarrass myself when I post things that I would never say or soften in person . I am making my new years resolution : if nothing positive to say about another post I will ignore replying--- I will have my son e-mail me when he thinks I was a jerk --
    We all know that Social media has created a nasty world at times-- I have a lot of friends who a big supporters of he who must not be named that continues to post horrible things quite often--

Losing to UNT at home is unbelieveable, that alone should get Skip fired

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    Losing to UNT at home is unbelieveable, that alone should get Skip fired
    But we competed.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Troy 36 - UNT 20. Q3
    Troy 43 - UNT 23. Q3

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Way to go ABC/ESPN, I can’t wait for the Frisco Bowl on Wednesday which features “Louisiana” vs SMU. Idiots!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

UNT is embarrassing which means we’re even more embarrassing.

Troy 50 - UNT 30 Final

#HUMILIATED C-USA Runnerup

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Troy was simply a better team. They had better athletes, which I mentioned early on. Disappointed but not surprised.

It is just one game, so let's not abandon ship yet. But, it's going to be a tough bowl season for CUSA. Even if we, as a conference, manage to win half or more than half of our bowls, each game is going to be a real struggle. Well, with the possible exception of FAU, who I expect to win comfortably.

Now, WKU is losing by 10 with 2 mins left, so very likely, 0-2 for CUSA to start.

+ Reply to Thread