+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle fan here... ? regarding Shreveport/Bossier

Bulldog born in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the rough

Eagle fan here... ? regarding Shreveport/Bossier

Hey, guys! I always enjoy my trips to Ruston. I haven't been to Shrev/Bossier since our Indy Bowl game in the Favre era. I was hoping that you all could point me toward some family-friendly things to do. I am staying in Bossier.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Eagle fan here... ? regarding Shrevepot/Bossier

Quote Originally Posted by born in the burg View Post
    Hey, guys! I always enjoy my trips to Ruston. I haven't been to Shrev/Bossier since our Indy Bowl game in the Favre era. I was hoping that you all could point me toward some family-friendly things to do. I am staying in Bossier.
    New aquarium downtown (small but nice) http://www.shreveportaquarium.com
    Louisiana Boardwalk in Bossier (food & shopping) https://www.louisianaboardwalk.com
    Gators & Friends
    http://www.gatorsandfriends.com
    Party Central http://www.partycentralinfo.com

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Great raft brewery in shreveport

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Great raft brewery in shreveport
    Haven't been there since mid 2016, but last I knew they were 21+. Not family friendly as OP requested. Still, if you can, hit this place up. It's awesome.

The tour is all ages, IIRC, but the taproom has the age limit.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Kids are allowed in the taproom now.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Unfortunately Sci-Port is closed for renovations right now. That's really the best family fun Shreveport has to offer.

To go to the aquarium, be sure to purchase your tickets ahead of time online. You have to reserve a starting time because it's new and small.

If you're interesting in checking out an air force base, Barksdale AFB has a little museum you can visit with several old planes to see. And the B-52s have been unusually active over the last several days...

Bass Pro Shop at the Boardwalk is fun for little kids. They have alligators, fish, boats, and ATVs to check out. There's also a free trolly that circles the Boardwalk if you've got a little one who may enjoy that. The Boardwalk also has restaurants, movie theater, shops, carousel, arcade, and Build-A-Bear.

Gators and Friends is good but may not work with your schedule. They are closed Mondays and Tuesdays, and with the game time being at 12:30 it likely eliminates Wednesday, too.

There's also a Chuck-E-Cheese in Bossier.

Holiday Lanes bowling alley in Bossier.

Be sure to catch the parade the evening before the game, and they are offering free ice skating after the game right next door to the stadium.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 12-12-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Bulldog born in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the rough

Wow, guys. Thanks for the helpful and in-depth responses!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, and hope y'all beat Florida State!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Here's another thread about where to eat http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...-in-Shreveport

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I will be rooting for you guys at the Indy Bowl and btw Superior Grill is a wonderful place to eat. I worked there for two years and they were very good to an 18 yo gringo kid from hickville LA.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Eagle fan here... ? regarding Shreveport/Bossier

I am going to focus on where I take my Grandkids--- Aquarium is a blast for grandkids-- they tend to not be concerned with the size -

if you looking for nite time--go to Roseland for Christmas lites and fun evening for kids--$20 per vehicle about 20 minutes from downtown

Natchitoches is hour away by it has a legendary Christmas lite display -- worth the time for family --

several folks mentioned the Riverfront mall on Bossier side -- older kids love it

most of us are pulling for you guys -- want CUSA to come out of bowl games looking strong ....

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Hope y'all beat the crap out of Florida State!!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Hope y'all beat the crap out of Florida State!!
    Amen. 4 CUSA teams play Saturday and I will hope all 4 win. CUSA has a track record of being underrated but still have winning record in bowls. Even on BBB the conference is underrated as a rule -- that said I have been watching Tech play Southern
    Miss for over 50 years and respect their program -- hope you guys win --

Thanks again, guys. Your info has exceeded my expectations. I have some decisions to make.

Thanks for the sentiments regarding the game. We have our work cut out for us. FSU is playing to keep a 41 year streak of winning seasons intact. They will be locked in. We tend to crap the bed in games that matter (see KY and TN games this year). I am going to try to enjoy all of your recommended activities so that I won't be so disappointed in the trip when Southern Miss inevitably does what they inevitably do. Thanks for the support, nonetheless. I am certainly in your corner vs. AMY. After all, Louisiana Tech is my #2 team.

SMU... not AMY... darn predictive text.

+ Reply to Thread