+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagle fan here... ? regarding Shreveport/Bossier

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Eagle fan here... ? regarding Shreveport/Bossier

I have no clue how old your kids are, but I just thought of something else. If you have older kids/teenagers, they'd probably enjoy an escape room experience. There are a couple different ones in Shreveport. I've done one of the Red Herring Escape Rooms, and it was fun. But like the aquarium, be sure to call ahead to reserve your time slot. I'd ask them which room would be best for the ages in your family.
    http://www.redherringescape.com/
    https://escapeshreveport.com/

There's also a couple trampoline parks:
    http://www.altitudebossier.com/
    http://www.airu-shreveport.com/

And a giant rock climbing wall:
    https://www.grockclimbing.com/
    Last edited by Dawg06; 12-14-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Bulldog born in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the roughborn in the burg is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, Dawg06!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Natchitoches Louisiana at Christmas is beautiful and has been a highlight of my Christmas season for years. It’s a little less than an hour south of Shreveport. Lots of beautiful lights and good restaurants. Not sure how much they have for kids.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Natchitoches Louisiana at Christmas is beautiful and has been a highlight of my Christmas season for years. It’s a little less than an hour south of Shreveport. Lots of beautiful lights and good restaurants. Not sure how much they have for kids.
    Be very careful where you park. If it's not a bonafide parking space you're likely to get a $25 parking ticket. While visitors are being ripped off, charged $6 to walk down a public street, which is actually a state highway, Highway 1, paid for by Louisiana taxpayers, and then you have to buy tickets just to purchase from the food vendors, etc... the city police lurk in the shadows writing parking tickets.

BTW, thank you Louisiana taxpayers again. Jindal had eliminated the special fund for the Natchitoches Christmas Festival, and instead had Natchitoches have to compete for funding from the Lt. Governor's festival fund. Well! thanks to the new Guvner, JBE, Natchitoches is back on the public dole. The special set-aside is back! Not surprising since Natchitoches is a haven for democrap operatives who are all $millionaires thanks in large part to you generous Louisiana taxpayers.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Be very careful where you park. If it's not a bonafide parking space you're likely to get a $25 parking ticket. While visitors are being ripped off, charged $6 to walk down a public street, which is actually a state highway, Highway 1, paid for by Louisiana taxpayers, and then you have to buy tickets just to purchase from the food vendors, etc... the city police lurk in the shadows writing parking tickets.

BTW, thank you Louisiana taxpayers again. Jindal had eliminated the special fund for the Natchitoches Christmas Festival, and instead had Natchitoches have to compete for funding from the Lt. Governor's festival fund. Well! thanks to the new Guvner, JBE, Natchitoches is back on the public dole. The special set-aside is back! Not surprising since Natchitoches is a haven for democrap operatives who are all $millionaires thanks in large part to you generous Louisiana taxpayers.
    Well I hope Louisiana realizes how special the Natchitoches lights are. Having lived in the Mississippi and Texas, I have seen no Christmas lights display with the same blend of charm and culture. We don't typically go during the actual festival.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Well I hope Louisiana realizes how special the Natchitoches lights are. Having lived in the Mississippi and Texas, I have seen no Christmas lights display with the same blend of charm and culture. We don't typically go during the actual festival.
    Every Saturday night is a mini-festival with taxpayer-funded fireworks (over $200,000 each time, I am told) and the same ridiculous parking issues. Even during the week, like Thursday night we were down there, it's packed and parking is a problem. But, come on, Natchitoches will take out-of-state dollars too.

+ Reply to Thread