+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dykes to Coach SMU in Frisco Bowl

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dykes to Coach SMU in Frisco Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Louisiana is consistently one of the top 5 states producing football recruits in the nation. Per capita, it's not even close, Louisiana is far and away #1 in the nation. The other states that consistently are in the top 5 are Texas, Florida, and California, and several states, namely Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Georgia, take turns being that 5th state. Someone said it well "quality over quantity." There are more people in DFW (7 million) than in the entire state of Louisiana (4 million). But, handpick the very best of the best HS players from both states and create a team, and when they play, little ole Louisiana will match Texas play for play. It's still 11 vs. 11 on the field.

The real point is this, and I have mentioned this before, Tech sits in a pretty good spot re: recruiting. Our home turf for recruiting is TWO of the top 5 states producing football recruits. We should be good in football.
    This is a large part of the reason WE have been good in Football over the years. We are always pretty but poor. It has bothered me a bunch though that TCU has become the defacto #2 school in Ouachita Parish.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I hope everyone purchased their Frisco Bowl tickets, this will be a good one.
    . 11 here. They finally mailed yesterday

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    It has bothered me a bunch though that TCU has become the defacto #2 school in Ouachita Parish.
    When you have a high school coach working for both TCU and a local power house high school it helps. TCU FINALLY hired him full time and will be limited on signing kids from Neville for a few years.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I hope we beat them so bad they fire him after the game on the field. He screwed our team and school by checking out and job hunting when he should have been doing the job we were paying him for.
    . And he did not push for bowl game that year - I was at San Jose game and my opinion was team was not prepared to play— not sure but I think the players knew he was bailing on them.
    I do appreciate what he did for us but we were just a stepping stone for him

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    When you have a high school coach working for both TCU and a local power house high school it helps. TCU FINALLY hired him full time and will be limited on signing kids from Neville for a few years.
    Whatever they did worked. I was watching the Big12 Championship game thinking about some of those kids playing at Tech instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I don't think this has ever happened before!!!! I could be wrong....and if I am, I apologize now before the bludgeoning begins!!!!!!!!!
    He won’t be playing a Sonny Dykes defense. Our defence may give us a chance but we all know what it’s going to take from offense to have a shot.
    I would love to leave Frisco feeling better about QB play and winning a Holtz team victory over The legendary Dykes offense

Please don’t tell me negative stuff —I realize what it’s going to take to be competitive

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    With a new Star Wars coming out soon. I'm reminded of a scene..

"It's a presence I've not felt since..."
    . Let’s hope we are Rey and not Kyle REN!! Or even worse= we are not Hans Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This is very surprising. Let's just hope he doesn't convince a certain Offensive Coordinator to come help out for a game.
    . MT plays Saturday so he would not have chance to meet team

Bulldog ronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of light ronmyster's Avatar

I wonder if there are any 5th yr seniors left who were there when Dykes screwed over the team,program and fans to better himself financially. I hope they are letting the current team know the facts

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Keep in mind that didn't happen. Like every successful head coach and coordinator in the FBS, Sonny simply had a continuous open channel with a handful of consultants. That's how Tech found Sonny in the first place.

By every account from people who were close to Sonny and who knew the situation he didn't have contact with even a consultant about another job until the bus ride leaving for the airport after the San Jose State game.

We didn't lose the Utah State game because Sonny somehow stopped coaching. We lost for a variety of other reasons - Dave Aranda had a great defensive gameplan. Colby had a bad game, etc...but one of those reasons wasn't because Sonny checked out on us!
    . OK— I retract my post— it was a hard loss to San Jose— we had to walk threw cow patty’s to get to stadium and one of most disappointing games ever. I liked Sonny - he recruited my nephew but the end to that season was so disappointing wanted to blame somebody.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Whatever they did worked. I was watching the Big12 Championship game thinking about some of those kids playing at Tech instead.
    He was the biggest factor locally in getting the WM kids and the Neville kids. One of the WM kids was a payback to us from his brother being cut from the MBB team. I have not kept up with how he has done. I really have not followed the others. I hear/read Turpin and Diarse.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Someone asked how it feels to coach against Louisiana Tech at the :45 sec mark.

. WOW,was anyone listening to him?. Background noise so loud he was hard to hear== no one seemed to care what he was saying

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . WOW,was anyone listening to him?. Background noise so loud he was hard to hear== no one seemed to care what he was saying
    It was probably a side interview with the media after the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He was the biggest factor locally in getting the WM kids and the Neville kids. One of the WM kids was a payback to us from his brother being cut from the MBB team. I have not kept up with how he has done. I really have not followed the others. I hear/read Turpin and Diarse.
    Turpin and Diarse have contributed but not starred at TCU. WE could have used them this year a lot more than TCU did.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm scared to wonder

how bout i do anyway

I bet Dykes will not be scared to go for it on 4th and short, he has nothing to lose and no one will blame him for the outcome.
    This is an almost perfect situation for Sonny. Win the game claim all the glory. Lose the game and blame it on: the former coaches; not having his coaching staff in place; not having time to get his system in place; etc.

+ Reply to Thread