+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dykes to Coach SMU in Frisco Bowl

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Re: Dykes to Coach SMU in Frisco Bowl

He won't be scared to go for it on 4th and long. He did NOT need testosterone therapy---the man had audacity. I don't begrudge him for leaving, but I do begrudge him for apparently shopping himself before our season was finished....I wonder if Tony Franklin is coming, too...?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm scared to wonder

how bout i do anyway

I bet Dykes will not be scared to go for it on 4th and short, he has nothing to lose and no one will blame him for the outcome.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

actually...we did feel this presence, when FAU came to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    With a new Star Wars coming out soon. I'm reminded of a scene..

"It's a presence I've not felt since..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We get PANTSED....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    He won't be scared to go for it on 4th and long. He did NOT need testosterone therapy---the man had audacity. I don't begrudge him for leaving, but I do begrudge him for apparently shopping himself before our season was finished....I wonder if Tony Franklin is coming, too...?
    Keep in mind that didn't happen. Like every successful head coach and coordinator in the FBS, Sonny simply had a continuous open channel with a handful of consultants. That's how Tech found Sonny in the first place.

By every account from people who were close to Sonny and who knew the situation he didn't have contact with even a consultant about another job until the bus ride leaving for the airport after the San Jose State game.

We didn't lose the Utah State game because Sonny somehow stopped coaching. We lost for a variety of other reasons - Dave Aranda had a great defensive gameplan. Colby had a bad game, etc...but one of those reasons wasn't because Sonny checked out on us!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Keep in mind that didn't happen. Like every successful head coach and coordinator in the FBS, Sonny simply had a continuous open channel with a handful of consultants. That's how Tech found Sonny in the first place.

By every account from people who were close to Sonny and who knew the situation he didn't have contact with even a consultant about another job until the bus ride leaving for the airport after the San Jose State game.

We didn't lose the Utah State game because Sonny somehow stopped coaching. We lost for a variety of other reasons - Dave Aranda had a great defensive gameplan. Colby had a bad game, etc...but one of those reasons wasn't because Sonny checked out on us!
    I always felt like the team, fans, coaches, etc. Were just worn out. They played very fast paced ball week in and week out and it all just caught up. Do I believe Sonny always had plans of staying just two or three years, yes I do. I tend to disagree that the prospective new job affected things nearly as much as how season end burn out may have affected the team.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Does Sonny know he will be coaching AGAINST Skip?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Does Sonny know he will be coaching AGAINST Skip?
    I'm pretty sure he had the same reaction Bobby Knight had when he looked down and saw Dale Brown on the other end of LSU's bench....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

The only saving grace is that Sonny Dykes doesn’t like to play defense.

And if the historian is correct skip needs to call up Dave Aranda for some tips on how to stop the offense because Utah State did what A&M couldn’t do.

I would say Sonny was probably eager to coach this game.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post

What about the Houston position he was considering the season before? You know, the one that got him a raise at Tech? He wasn't talking to consultants then?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Someone asked how it feels to coach against Louisiana Tech at the :45 sec mark.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'm pretty sure he had the same reaction Bobby Knight had when he looked down and saw Dale Brown on the other end of LSU's bench....

"I was worried about losing until I looked down the floor and saw Dale Brown. Then I knew we had a chance."
    -Commenting on that stormy 1987 game with LSU

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    This is totally unfair. I am sure Sonny knows more about football than Dale does about basketball!

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are going to smoke em. Too much dysfunction to make up for in 9 days. Is Sonny coming to Frisco with something to prove? Hell yeah, but guess what.. So is Skip. This favors Skip because he has the benefit of knowing his team and his adversary. I just pray that we could work out a home and home with SMU soon.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I think we are going to smoke em. Too much dysfunction to make up for in 9 days. Is Sonny coming to Frisco with something to prove? Hell yeah, but guess what.. So is Skip. This favors Skip because he has the benefit of knowing his team and his adversary. I just pray that we could work out a home and home with SMU soon.
    Tommy needs to get the home and home contract signed before Sonny finds out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    What about the Houston position he was considering the season before? You know, the one that got him a raise at Tech? He wasn't talking to consultants then?
    Read the first graph again. Sonny had contacts with consultants long before he was at Tech. That's how we found Sonny. That simply carried through his tenure in Ruston. That's how the system has worked for the past decade.

+ Reply to Thread