+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football. 2011 Poinsettia Bowl: TCU 31, LA Tech 24 - latechsports.com

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. 2011 Poinsettia Bowl: TCU 31, LA Tech 24 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Exactly.

Blue Dawg is just perpetually blue.
    Too true.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The Poinsettia Bowl experience was in another league from all these other bowls we've been to. It's a shame they had to fold due to the stadium situation. The Poinsettia Bowl was first class all week long. ESPN is destroying the bowl experience for all these bowls they are buying just for a TV time slot they won't have to pay for.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The Poinsettia Bowl experience was in another league from all these other bowls we've been to. It's a shame they had to fold due to the stadium situation. The Poinsettia Bowl was first class all week long. ESPN is destroying the bowl experience for all these bowls they are buying just for a TV time slot they won't have to pay for.
    I didn't get to go to the Poinsettia Bowl, I always heard great stories about the trip. I went to the Indy Bowl in 2008 and although the game was great, I was underwhelmed with the "Bowl" experience. The HOD was the best game experience I believe I have had as a Tech fan, but the festivities outside the stadium were so so. I enjoyed the experience of the New Orleans Bowl the most but the venue is horrible for a college football game.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Yes, the Poinsettia Bowl experience was unlike all the others, both for the fans and players. The events for the fans and the effort by Tech (Ryan Richard) to organize transportation and group dinners was outstanding. Staying at the team hotel for several days really created a buz. San Diego is hard to beat as a bowl site.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I didn't get to go to the Poinsettia Bowl, I always heard great stories about the trip. I went to the Indy Bowl in 2008 and although the game was great, I was underwhelmed with the "Bowl" experience. The HOD was the best game experience I believe I have had as a Tech fan, but the festivities outside the stadium were so so. I enjoyed the experience of the New Orleans Bowl the most but the venue is horrible for a college football game.
    Sadly I am going to miss this one but I agree with bowl experience. My ranking on bowl experience:

1. Poinsettia
    2. Armed Forces
    3. HOD
    4. New Orleans
    5. Indy
    For the games themselves:
    1. Armed Forces
    2. HOD
    3. Poinsettia (would be #1 if we would have won)
    4. New Orleans
    5. Indy

In reality all of the games were very good and fun. I hate to break my streak, but I just can't seem to make a midweek game work before Christmas.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Sadly I am going to miss this one but I agree with bowl experience. My ranking on bowl experience:

1. Poinsettia
    2. Armed Forces
    3. HOD
    4. New Orleans
    5. Indy
    1. Armed Forces
    2. HOD
    4. New Orleans
    5. Indy

In reality all of the games were very good and fun. I hate to break my streak, but I just can't seem to make a midweek game work before Christmas.
    I was building a house last year so I only got to see the Armed Forces Bowl from my couch.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post

1. Poinsettia
    2. Armed Forces
    3. HOD
    4. New Orleans
    5. Indy
    1. Armed Forces
    2. HOD
    4. New Orleans
    5. Indy

How do you define Bowl Experience? The REO Speedwagon concert alone should leapfrog NOLA over HOD not to mention the bar hopping with DogtorEvil. That man is KrAzY!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    How do you define Bowl Experience? The REO Speedwagon concert alone should leapfrog NOLA over HOD not to mention the bar hopping with DogtorEvil. That man is KrAzY!
    I actually didn't hit up the REO speedwagon concert. Did have fun bar hopping but missed DogtorEvil.

+ Reply to Thread