FOOTBALL
Louisiana Tech
vs Hawaii
Dec 22, 2018 | ESPN | 9:30 PM
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,854

    Re: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Y'all write a letter to the editor to TNS, who seems to think Gallot and Grambling are the best thing in North EllAye. Greg Hilburn has been hating on Tech since his days in the sports section.
    Anybody worth attracting to our program will know the difference and end up at TECH if they are going to learn it in Louisiana. I'm more worried about the competition here in San Antonio and it isn't those presently going to UTSA but those associated with the infrastructure of companies and "government entities" entrenched here. That expertise will eventually migrate to UTSA if we aren't moving out quickly.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

  2. #17
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    48,619

    Re: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

    Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Anybody worth attracting to our program will know the difference and end up at TECH if they are going to learn it in Louisiana. I'm more worried about the competition here in San Antonio and it isn't those presently going to UTSA but those associated with the infrastructure of companies and "government entities" entrenched here. That expertise will eventually migrate to UTSA if we aren't moving out quickly.
    Oh, I don't think we are competing with Grambling for students. We are not. We rarely compete with ulm for a student. Grambling is a drain on our state's resources and they have been corrupt for years. I'm not sure things have changed with the new leadership over there.

    We are actively going after students in the DFW and Houston regions. I'm not sure San Antonio is in our sights yet.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  3. #18
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    48,619

    Re: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

    We got a 1.3 million grant while Grambling got a new program. Real money vs. money the state does not have. Knowing the grant was coming to Tech must have been the reason the EllAye system decided to reward Gallot and Grambling with something. They are justifying it by saying with how well it ties into Grambling's computer program.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  4. #19
    Champ Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    10,047

    Re: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We got a 1.3 million grant while Grambling got a new program. Real money vs. money the state does not have. Knowing the grant was coming to Tech must have been the reason the EllAye system decided to reward Gallot and Grambling with something. They are justifying it by saying with how well it ties into Grambling's computer program.
    I heard recently they were ranked #1 in the country at Avoiding Consequences for Failing State Audits...Again.

  5. #20
    Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    3,609

    Re: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

    I know Rick Gallot was determined not to be a dysfunctional, coddled mess but I do not know the tangible progress that he has actually made related to that. A lot of people were here hoping that he would improve it based on what he has said, which is a culture shift to performance and accountability.

  6. #21
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    48,619

    Re: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    I know Rick Gallot was determined not to be a dysfunctional, coddled mess but I do not know the tangible progress that he has actually made related to that. A lot of people were here hoping that he would improve it based on what he has said, which is a culture shift to performance and accountability.
    According to some of our posters here that corrupt culture is caused by slavery from over a century ago and modern day racism.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  7. #22
    Big Dog Dawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant futureDawgonit has a brilliant future
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    931

    Re: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    According to some of our posters here that corrupt culture is caused by slavery from over a century ago and modern day racism.
    Dang Tylertechsas needs to stop saying that stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts