+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: Progress in Louisiana's Higher Education

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Y'all write a letter to the editor to TNS, who seems to think Gallot and Grambling are the best thing in North EllAye. Greg Hilburn has been hating on Tech since his days in the sports section.
    Anybody worth attracting to our program will know the difference and end up at TECH if they are going to learn it in Louisiana. I'm more worried about the competition here in San Antonio and it isn't those presently going to UTSA but those associated with the infrastructure of companies and "government entities" entrenched here. That expertise will eventually migrate to UTSA if we aren't moving out quickly.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Anybody worth attracting to our program will know the difference and end up at TECH if they are going to learn it in Louisiana. I'm more worried about the competition here in San Antonio and it isn't those presently going to UTSA but those associated with the infrastructure of companies and "government entities" entrenched here. That expertise will eventually migrate to UTSA if we aren't moving out quickly.
    Oh, I don't think we are competing with Grambling for students. We are not. We rarely compete with ulm for a student. Grambling is a drain on our state's resources and they have been corrupt for years. I'm not sure things have changed with the new leadership over there.

We are actively going after students in the DFW and Houston regions. I'm not sure San Antonio is in our sights yet.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We got a 1.3 million grant while Grambling got a new program. Real money vs. money the state does not have. Knowing the grant was coming to Tech must have been the reason the EllAye system decided to reward Gallot and Grambling with something. They are justifying it by saying with how well it ties into Grambling's computer program.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

We got a 1.3 million grant while Grambling got a new program. Real money vs. money the state does not have. Knowing the grant was coming to Tech must have been the reason the EllAye system decided to reward Gallot and Grambling with something. They are justifying it by saying with how well it ties into Grambling's computer program.
    I heard recently they were ranked #1 in the country at Avoiding Consequences for Failing State Audits...Again.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

I know Rick Gallot was determined not to be a dysfunctional, coddled mess but I do not know the tangible progress that he has actually made related to that. A lot of people were here hoping that he would improve it based on what he has said, which is a culture shift to performance and accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    I know Rick Gallot was determined not to be a dysfunctional, coddled mess but I do not know the tangible progress that he has actually made related to that. A lot of people were here hoping that he would improve it based on what he has said, which is a culture shift to performance and accountability.
    According to some of our posters here that corrupt culture is caused by slavery from over a century ago and modern day racism.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

According to some of our posters here that corrupt culture is caused by slavery from over a century ago and modern day racism.
    Dang Tylertechsas needs to stop saying that stuff.

+ Reply to Thread