+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football. 2016 Armed Forces Bowl: LA Tech 45, Navy 42 - latechsports.com

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Football. 2016 Armed Forces Bowl: LA Tech 45, Navy 42 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That's exactly what our people did in claiming Navy as #25. For some reason they want to enhance everything our current programs do to put them in a realm above all former programs. Touting Navy as #25 was embarrassing and something only Monroe or Lafayette would do.
    Only a fool would NOT tout the fact that Navy was ranked #25 at the time his/her university played 'em and beat 'em. Yeah, Navy lost to Army in that upset, but they were still ranked #25 in that final poll the week before. That's just a fact. Some people may not like it --which baffles the crap out of me-- but they were still ranked 25th.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    That's MY point. Sure, they weren't #25, but its the same bullcrap everyone else pulls.

What's different is we go out of our way to denigrate pre-1988 Tech history. "First time we've played in 4 straight bowls!" Wrong. It's especially atrocious in baseball. I dont think TMac knows we had a team before the 90s.
    This attitude I don't understand at all. I guess its just fun for some of ya'll to complain. Are you seriously comparing LA Tech's Grantland Rice Bowl days to playing in 4 straight bowls today?

Let's be clear about one thing: The pre-1988 teams didn't play against Div 1A teams & talent every week. I respect the 1970's LA Tech teams as much as anyone does, but they weren't exactly beating Navy and Illinois in bowl games.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This attitude I don't understand at all. I guess its just fun for some of ya'll to complain. Are you seriously comparing LA Tech's Grantland Rice Bowl days to playing in 4 straight bowls today?

Let's be clear about one thing: The pre-1988 teams didn't play against Div 1A teams & talent every week. I respect the 1970's LA Tech teams as much as anyone does, but they weren't exactly beating Navy and Illinois in bowl games.
    First of all, it is extremely fun to complain.

Second, I didn't mention anything about the quality of those bowls. I don't think anyone would seriously argue that the level of competition isn't better.

That's not the same as pretending they didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    First of all, it is extremely fun to complain.

Second, I didn't mention anything about the quality of those bowls. I don't think anyone would seriously argue that the level of competition isn't better.

That's not the same as pretending they didn't happen.
    But they were NOT Divison 1A Bowl games. PERIOD.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Only a fool would NOT tout the fact that Navy was ranked #25 at the time his/her university played 'em and beat 'em. Yeah, Navy lost to Army in that upset, but they were still ranked #25 in that final poll the week before. That's just a fact. Some people may not like it --which baffles the crap out of me-- but they were still ranked 25th.
    Only an idiot would still tout Navy as a top 25 team after they had lost to a REALLY bad Army team and had barely remained in the meaningless top 25 CFP after a bad loss the week before...all this while being removed from the top 25 in the Coaches and AP the week BEFORE when they got the CRAP beat out of them by Temple in the last regular season game.

Your football IQ is REALLY low to think Navy was a top 25 team when we played them. Only HD, Clyde, and TMac would think that way.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Include me in that group, if the BCS wanted to change their opinion they would have reconvened but they didn't, therefore their official opinion of Navy retained the #25 ranking.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

It's been a long week. This thread made me think I missed the bowl game.

Only an idiot would still tout Navy as a top 25 team after they had lost to a REALLY bad Army team and had barely remained in the meaningless top 25 CFP after a bad loss the week before...all this while being removed from the top 25 in the Coaches and AP the week BEFORE when they got the CRAP beat out of them by Temple in the last regular season game.

Your football IQ is REALLY low to think Navy was a top 25 team when we played them. Only HD, Clyde, and TMac would think that way.
    They weren't a Top 25 team. But they were ranked #25.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    Include me in that group, if the BCS wanted to change their opinion they would have reconvened but they didn't, therefore their official opinion of Navy retained the #25 ranking.
    BCS? Really? You are old school with the BCS crap.

Anybody with an ounce of football IQ would have asked, "what? Navy just lost their last two games to two really bad teams and they are still ranked #25? Even though they are not ranked in the AP and Coaches poll they are ranked after losing 2 in a row?"

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

BCS? Really? You are old school with the BCS crap. we

Anybody with an ounce of football IQ would have asked, "what? Navy just lost their last two games to two really bad teams and they are still ranked #25? Even though they are not ranked in the AP and Coaches poll they are ranked after losing 2 in a row?"
    And yet the media had a #25 beside their name, but you and others have 'the football IQ' so the ranking didn't really exist even though it was displayed on every TV screen that bothered to tune in to the game...

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    And yet the media had a #25 beside their name
    ESPN does not define the media. They, like EllAye Tech, were seeking ratings.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN does not define the media. They, like EllAye Tech, were seeking ratings.
    I would hope we would be doing that.

Good Lord..... Y'all will argue about anything. ESPN had on the screen #25 and they were still that number when we played them. Who cares? For ONCE, an article favored us just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Who cares?
    Many of our fans bought the fake sports news. Some didn't.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

SMU isn't ranked, are they? I sure hope not. OMG! PawDawg will get his panties in a wad arguing over their ranking. Wouldn't matter what it was either, the ranking would be dead-wrong because PawDawg wants to deny Tech any credit whatsoever.

Okay, I'll say it now. Whatever qualities SMU might have....and I mean ANY!...discount 'em. They are wrong! There is absolutely nothing good anyone can attribute to SMU. If we don't trounce 'em 100-0 then we must suck! How's that PD?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Okay, I'll say it now. Whatever qualities SMU might have....and I mean ANY!...discount 'em. They are wrong! There is absolutely nothing good anyone can attribute to SMU. If we don't trounce 'em 100-0 then we must suck! How's that PD?
    Actually I've never tried to water down the win at all. I've never said anything about Navy not having key players for the bowl game. I've also never tried to beef Navy or any of our opponents up to something they were not.

+ Reply to Thread