+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football. 2016 Armed Forces Bowl: LA Tech 45, Navy 42 - latechsports.com

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Football. 2016 Armed Forces Bowl: LA Tech 45, Navy 42 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I would hope we would be doing that.

Good Lord..... Y'all will argue about anything. ESPN had on the screen #25 and they were still that number when we played them. Who cares? For ONCE, an article favored us just a little.
    What's this "ya'll" stuff? Be specific in your accusations. It's PawDawg arguing with EVERYBODY! Because everybody else here is a real EllAyeTech fan. It's only PD that's unhappy about the #25 ranking that Navy had. He's just an irritable old man. Of course, if the rest of us had to get up every morning and see the same ugly face staring back at us in the mirror that PD has to see, we'd likely be irritable too.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Football. 2016 Armed Forces Bowl: LA Tech 45, Navy 42 - latechsports.com

I know this, the AFB vs. Navy was one of the best games last year. Period. I also know WE WON!!!! I enjoyed the hell out of the game. The Navy faithful were, as you would expect, pure class. Navy is a solid football program, consistently good, a perennial bowl team, and often ranked in the Top 25. They play, and beat! some great programs and are always a tough out. At this point in Tech's football history, that is our best bowl win. TCU was a better team, but we lost that game. Clemson was pretty good, despite their mediocre record that year, but we got clobbered. Louisville in 1977 was not particularly good, and Northern Illinois was just a typical MAC team the year we beat them. And SMU is mediocre too, so a win this year will be just another so-so accomplishment, if we even win, that is.

So...that's it folks. Pretty depressing, especially if you lend any credence to PD's opinion that, hell! Navy was hardly even bowl-worthy! They sucked!! That's our best bowl win ever. And, wow! Navy sucked. That is depressing.

Or! you can reside in reality with the rest of us and know that, yes, Navy suffered some injuries and kind of limped into the bowl, but they were (and are) still a good team, one which had earned a national ranking in 2016.

I think HD is right. Someone take the mirrors out of PD's house!

+ Reply to Thread