+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football. BOWL COVERAGE: Frisco Texas, Louisiana Tech's Home Away from Home - latechs

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. BOWL COVERAGE: Frisco Texas, Louisiana Tech's Home Away from Home - latechs

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

As the Louisiana Tech football team heads west to its team hotel on Saturday in preparation for the DXL Frisco Bowl on December 20, the University brand will be prominent in Frisco, Texas and the Dallas-Fort Worth area over the next three months.

More...

Discuss it here.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. BOWL COVERAGE: Frisco Texas, Louisiana Tech's Home Away from Home - lat

Another reason this is the best bowl for us this year. Much like the "LSU leftovers" in terms of football athletes in Louisiana can be built into a talented roster at LaTech, the academic "leftovers" in DFW area can significantly enhance the student population at LaTech. The opportunity to consistently promote our brand in that region should pay dividends in terms of student recruitment.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Football. BOWL COVERAGE: Frisco Texas, Louisiana Tech's Home Away from Home - lat

With 4,834 Tech alumni currently residing in the 13-county Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, fan support is projected to be strong. In fact, the pace of ticket sales for this year's DXL Frisco Bowl has surpassed the Bulldogs last three bowl games. A sellout of the Tech allotment of tickets (and most likely the entire stadium) is expected.
    I'm very surprised to see the bolded statement above. I wasn't able to attend the NO Bowl in 2015, or the Armed Forces Bowl last year, but I can personally attest to the fact that LA Tech had a ton of fans in attendance at the HOD Bowl in 2014. Are we saying this years Frisco Bowl ticket sales has surpassed THAT number? WOW!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm very surprised to see the bolded statement above. I wasn't able to attend the NO Bowl in 2015, or the Armed Forces Bowl last year, but I can personally attest to the fact that LA Tech had a ton of fans in attendance at the HOD Bowl in 2014. Are we saying this years Frisco Bowl ticket sales has surpassed THAT number? WOW!!
    Is pace a misdirection? Are we *on pace* to surpass it?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we do actually go out of our way to celebrate mediocrity. 😉

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The other bowls had much better ticket packages if you bought through the bowl instead of through Tech. Last year, I bought some sort of family package that included 4 tickets and a meal for around $100 (I think). With the stadium having a much smaller capacity, the ticket prices were comparable through the bowl or through Tech. Thus, we bought ours from the LaTech ticket office this year. I'd imagine many others did the same thing.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    The other bowls had much better ticket packages if you bought through the bowl instead of through Tech. Last year, I bought some sort of family package that included 4 tickets and a meal for around $100 (I think). With the stadium having a much smaller capacity, the ticket prices were comparable through the bowl or through Tech. Thus, we bought ours from the LaTech ticket office this year. I'd imagine many others did the same thing.
    Great point. I didn't know that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The first day tix went on sale we had a good response. According to the tix office, it was a better first day than last year's. I don't know how sales have gone since then. What the final count will be vs. last year, and previous years, will be interesting. I don't think I've ever seen an official count from the past three years. Of course, the Tech tix office does not sell every ticket to Tech fans. Many fans buy directly from the bowl or thru some third party tix site.

The HoD Bowl vs. Illinois was well-attended by Tech fans. We had a very good crowd there. It has probably been our best showing the past three years. I was somewhat disappointed in our turnout last year. Being in DFW I expected a complete "buy-in" by Tech alums/fans. Our crowd was "good" but certainly not "great." New Orleans was also a "good" showing, about what I expected.

BTW, what's the weather forecast for Wednesday night? Just because folks have tix in hand, doesn't mean they will actually fill a seat. The weather will play a huge factor in that.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The HoD Bowl vs. Illinois was well-attended by Tech fans. We had a very good crowd there. It has probably been our best showing the past three years. I was somewhat disappointed in our turnout last year. Being in DFW I expected a complete "buy-in" by Tech alums/fans. Our crowd was "good" but certainly not "great." New Orleans was also a "good" showing, about what I expected.

BTW, what's the weather forecast for Wednesday night? Just because folks have tix in hand, doesn't mean they will actually fill a seat. The weather will play a huge factor in that.
    The HOD game was well attended because we were playing a P5 opponent. In multiple future seasons we are scheduling two road games at a P5 just so we can host that P5 one time. And a lot of people actually 'think' that is good business- if it doesn't rain. lol

Playing Ark St, SMU, and Navy as your season's reward simply isn't that big of a deal (especially when you are playing basically a weeknight road game). I'm sure their fans feel the same way if the options are "Play a P5 or LA Tech?". S. Miss 'earned' a huge upside bowl game this year and they don't have to play at FSU twice to pay for it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I agree....USM was handed the best bowl opponent for any CUSA school. Well, best on paper. I'm not so sure that Troy is not, in fact, a better football team than FSU this year. It's close. FAU got royally screwed! That sucks for CUSA, which is why I posted I would like to see a bowl game designated for the CUSA champion which will always have a very good opponent. A bowl that ALL CUSA teams would aspire to.

As for bowls in DFW, I would think every Tech fan would be giddy with excitement for a chance to see the Dawgs play, in person, right in their back yard. This makes 3 of the last 4 years we've had a bowl game in the area. I know DFW traffic sucks, but come on man! It's a relatively easy drive for all Tech folks there.

If Tech Nation, domiciled in DFW, doesn't turn out in force for these bowl games, then the rest of us are just pissing in the wind. We'll never build anything more, in Ruston, than what we have now.

I agree with pretty much everything you guys are saying. HOWEVER, let's not forget that this is a 6-6 LA Tech team. IMO, we're just damn lucky to be in a bowl game at all this year. Let's don't kid ourselves...very few Tech fans are going to be "giddy with excitement" about this 6-6 team. It would be completely understandable if we learn that this game in Frisco doesn't draw as many Tech fans as some of our recent bowl games. Furthermore, for our 6-6 team to get a bowl bid this close to our own back yard --against a quality AAC opponent that has a better record than us-- is almost hard to fathom.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Does anyone know which hotel is the Team hotel? Where they will be practicing? I'm off this week and would love to stop by and possibly meet team, etc. Besides I'd like to get out of the house..

ETA: What is the schedule this week for the Bowl ?? Events ?? etc. Haven't seen or heard anything...

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Does anyone know which hotel is the Team hotel? Where they will be practicing? I'm off this week and would love to stop by and possibly meet team, etc. Besides I'd like to get out of the house..

ETA: What is the schedule this week for the Bowl ?? Events ?? etc. Haven't seen or heard anything...
    They've been in Frisco since at least Saturday. Practiced at FC Dallas yesterday and the Star today.

https://twitter.com/LATechFB

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Team Hotel: The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club

The DFW Official Chapter of the Louisiana Tech Alumni Association welcomes you to Frisco as we celebrate the Bulldogs' fourth-straight bowl appearance, and we invite you to join us on Tuesday, December 19, for a Bulldog Bowl Welcome Party! The party kicks off at 6:30 PM, and food and beverages will be available to order. This event is free, but we ask that you RSVP.The Social House
    5100 Belt Line Road #410
    Addison, TX 75254
    972-392-4300
    (Click here for a map)

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Thanks Sportdawg,

Do you know where/when they plan to practice tomorrow? I want to try to be there.

+ Reply to Thread