+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FSU not bowl eligible??

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: FSU not bowl eligible??

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    From McMurphy:
    "Multiple bowl and industry sources said there’s basically nothing that can be done this late about the oversight, so FSU goes bowling while three other more deserving teams stay home."
    Sure there is something that can 'be done'. The next time Florida State qualifies for a bowl game (presumably next year) they can forgo their bowl spot to:
    1. one of the three teams that got left out this season,
    2. allow another qualified team from one of those conferences to go on FSU's behalf, or
    3. allow another unselected team to go in FSU's place

The NCAA just shrugging their shoulders and saying "oh well" is the wrong answer.

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Or 4. Make the I-bowl a permanent match-up of SBC vs MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Sure there is something that can 'be done'. The next time Florida State qualifies for a bowl game (presumably next year) they can forgo their bowl spot to:
    2. allow another qualified team from one of those conferences to go on FSU's behalf, or

The NCAA just shrugging their shoulders and saying "oh well" is the wrong answer.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Florida State is snubbing the local media big time.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Florida State is snubbing the local media big time.
    Really? there's nothing in the media about that.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

The slot in the I bowl that FSU has would not have given a CUSA team an opportunity to send one of our other teams unless some real horse trading went on.

The conference nor the I bowl would want a CUSA match up, two CUSA teams playing in I bowl, the I bowl and CUSA along with some other conferences would have to do some real creative team swapping to get one of our teams in another bowl. This would have been especially difficult if they were trying to get this done only a couple of weeks before the bowl, just not enough time.

Am I wrong about that? Someone please correct me if I am.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    The slot in the I bowl that FSU has would not have given a CUSA team an opportunity to send one of our other teams unless some real horse trading went on.

The conference nor the I bowl would want a CUSA match up, two CUSA teams playing in I bowl, the I bowl and CUSA along with some other conferences would have to do some real creative team swapping to get one of our teams in another bowl. This would have been especially difficult if they were trying to get this done only a couple of weeks before the bowl, just not enough time.

Am I wrong about that? Someone please correct me if I am.
    Yep. With all due respect, a lot of people get paid a lot of money to track this stuff and manage the best outcomes, including our conference commissioner. No excuse is acceptable.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

If the spot Fla State took was opened, it would have shifted a team from another bowl possibly opening up a slot for UTSA.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yep. With all due respect, a lot of people get paid a lot of money to track this stuff and manage the best outcomes, including our conference commissioner. No excuse is acceptable.
    We have an over achiever who should never have been named C-USA commissioner. Throw in the UTSA AD as well.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post

They should punish them by making them play in the I-Bowl every year.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

At least, FSU should bet on the line, and forfeit the monies won from the game.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    At least, FSU should bet on the line, and forfeit the monies won from the game.
    The thought that FSU might face any consequences gave me a good chuckle, thanks!

If USM had done something like that, they wouldn't have a football team either for the bowl game or the next 3 years.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Based on my understanding of what happened, none of this is FSU's fault. Seems to me someone, somewhere else, like maybe in the ACC office, when determining who is bowl eligible from their conference, and on the Idiot Bowl committee for not confirming eligibility, shoulda known. Unless, the bowls depend on the conference offices for a list of "eligible" teams. Then it falls back squarely on the ACC. Well....unless FSU knew the truth and didn't voluntarily remove themselves from consideration. Maybe the Noles were like, shhhhhh! maybe no one will notice.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Based on my understanding of what happened, none of this is FSU's fault. Seems to me someone, somewhere else, like maybe in the ACC office, when determining who is bowl eligible from their conference, and on the Idiot Bowl committee for not confirming eligibility, shoulda known. Unless, the bowls depend on the conference offices for a list of "eligible" teams. Then it falls back squarely on the ACC. Well....unless FSU knew the truth and didn't voluntarily remove themselves from consideration. Maybe the Noles were like, shhhhhh! maybe no one will notice.
    How could they not know? This is on FSU, ACC, NCAA, and the Indy Bowl. You can't have 4 entities at fault. No way each of them didn't know.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    How could they not know? This is on FSU, ACC, NCAA, and the Indy Bowl. You can't have 4 entities at fault. No way each of them didn't know.
    Add the C-USA commissioner and the UTSA AD to the list of those who screwed up. It could have hurt us. Think our AD knew? Of course not, but it's his job to know.

So...where is all this data kept and how does one avail themselves of it? Is there a central databank, online, where anyone, like TMAC, can log in and type in a search bar: "Is Florida State bowl eligible?" And then after a few seconds of bells and whistles, the answer pops up, "Nope on the Noles!" Ah hah!

Did someone do that to us, and all the other 6-6 teams? Why would anyone even think to check that? I know for a fact NONE of you suspected FSU was not bowl eligible. That possibility never even crossed your mind. None of you even remotely considered, hey! maybe FSU is not eligible, someone better check on it. But after it is revealed, you're like, of course! everyone knew that. What's wrong with the Idiot Bowl, the CUSA Commish, UTSA's AD?????

Frankly, I don't care that FSU got in "illegally." If it taints the Idiot Bowl I'm all for it! I hope it is mentioned on the telecast, and is a topic of discussion. But, instead, I suspect ESPN will try to sweep it under the rug.

+ Reply to Thread