+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSU not bowl eligible??

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: FSU not bowl eligible??

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Add the C-USA commissioner and the UTSA AD to the list of those who screwed up. It could have hurt us. Think our AD knew? Of course not, but it's his job to know.
    True! Add any conference that had a team with a 6-6 record.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So...where is all this data kept and how does one avail themselves of it? Is there a central databank, online, where anyone, like TMAC, can log in and type in a search bar: "Is Florida State bowl eligible?" And then after a few seconds of bells and whistles, the answer pops up, "Nope on the Noles!" Ah hah!

Did someone do that to us, and all the other 6-6 teams? Why would anyone even think to check that? I know for a fact NONE of you suspected FSU was not bowl eligible. That possibility never even crossed your mind. None of you even remotely considered, hey! maybe FSU is not eligible, someone better check on it. But after it is revealed, you're like, of course! everyone knew that. What's wrong with the Idiot Bowl, the CUSA Commish, UTSA's AD?????

Frankly, I don't care that FSU got in "illegally." If it taints the Idiot Bowl I'm all for it! I hope it is mentioned on the telecast, and is a topic of discussion. But, instead, I suspect ESPN will try to sweep it under the rug.
    It isn't our job to know, but it is the job of the entities I named. I do agree that I hope it is talked about during the broadcast a LOT, but I suspect you are right - they will sweep it under the rug.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just saw a media release....released by FSU....that Delaware State did indeed meet the 90% rule thingy, and thus FSU is bowl eligible, and always has been. That's what their PR folks are saying.

Take it FWIW....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just saw a media release....released by FSU....that Delaware State did indeed meet the 90% rule thingy, and thus FSU is bowl eligible, and always has been. That's what their PR folks are saying.

Take it FWIW....
    True or not, I guess they are trying to head off any controversy that could be discussed on national tv during the game.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Looks like FSU might have been okay all along. So maybe some random reddit user might not be the most credible news source? Who would have thought. This was a case of the new, American justice system, you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent. President Trump would have called this "fake news" a week ago.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Looks like FSU might have been okay all along. So maybe some random reddit user might not be the most credible news source? Who would have thought. This was a case of the new, American justice system, you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent. President Trump would have called this "fake news" a week ago.
    The random reddit user was using information provided by Delaware State. In a way you actually do have to prove yourself innocent. The way the NCAA works it is basically up to each member institution to ensure compliance. If FSU had done so it would not have taken days to respond to the question of whether it was actually bowl eligible.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    From McMurphy:

"Multiple bowl and industry sources said there’s basically nothing that can be done this late about the oversight, so FSU goes bowling while three other more deserving teams stay home."
    Horsefeathers. They can forfeit.

Problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread