+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawgs National Defensive Rankings

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dawgs National Defensive Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    What is it about Hester that is so great?

Enlighten us.
    Ask a former player if you want a truly knowledgeable answer. I'm not sure, but I believe at least one has responded on the subject.

Last year, with the same S&C coach, Tech's team was relatively low in injuries. This year not so. Regardless of preparation and conditioning the odds eventually catch up.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Found it!

Coming into this bowl season it was:

1. TECH
    2. Utah
    3. WKU
    4. Virginia Tech
    5. Clemson
    6. Georgia
    7. Stanford
    8. Wisconsin
    9. Tennessee

Not Marshall or BC.
    Utah is playing WVU in the HoD Bowl. Go Mountaineers! Not that I really care, 'cept I want another school eliminated from the list.

The Utah coach is 10-1 in bowls. Says he does bowl practices hitting in full pads. Apparently that works.

Oh, another reason to root for WVU, I believe Freeway Dave is alum.

Oops, Utah has already scored early, 7-0.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Hester needs to be disciplined immediately by Skip Holtz. Hester doesn’t own the LA Tech brand, and he certainly has no business calling any LA Tech fans “fake” or anything else on Twitter. Some of those people he’s calling “fake” are the same people we may have to depend on to clean things up long after the “hired Guns of the day” (coaches) have moved on. And they ALWAYS move on. Don’t ever forget that.

The last thing LA Tech needs is an asshole strength & conditioning coach running off more fans. Over the last 2 years alone, he and our other coaches have been gifted with over $40 Million in football infrastructure upgrades. You would think the dumb bastard would be a little more appreciative than this.

Always remember one thing: there’s no coach in the world that loves LA Tech University as much as some of us fans do. We’re here for the long haul. They are usually here until something better comes along.
    He has a lot to answer for with the tweets. That was extremely unprofessional! In his line of work he will need to keep his misguided thoughts to himself.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well right now it doesn't APPEAR that way. You don't feel "lucky" when you have a coach talking bad about your own fans. Did you take stupid pills yesterday or something?
    Classic case of "giving it but can't take it-" == Dykes was great about throwing punches at BBB posters-- classic was "young kids in basement of parents typing on computers" -- I get it--my Sunshine Pumper" status gets plenty of negative feedback BUT I have only met 1 fan who was not a solid person .. most of us who read Hester and see a coach dedicated to our program and willing to punch back ...

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    He has a lot to answer for with the tweets. That was extremely unprofessional! In his line of work he will need to keep his misguided thoughts to himself.
    Good Grief-- tickles me how Kippin is getting praised for his fun with social media use. Hester fighting for players .. for goodness sakes, what constitutes "professional" today? Hester is a certified bad ass and like a lot of folks unimpressed by anonymous posters -- I will be impressed when someone says tacky things about our players to his face --

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I love this post-- validates what I have been saying all year to my friends-- Defence was solid all year-- we all know why we struggled and it was not the defence

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Utah is playing WVU in the HoD Bowl. Go Mountaineers! Not that I really care, 'cept I want another school eliminated from the list.

The Utah coach is 10-1 in bowls. Says he does bowl practices hitting in full pads. Apparently that works.

Oh, another reason to root for WVU, I believe Freeway Dave is alum.

Oops, Utah has already scored early, 7-0.
    Nobody there. Our crowd outnumbered the whole attendance there today. Throw in Illinois' bunch and wow! When will these regional bowls learn, Tech brings a crowd! And, I hope we play in the HoD Bowl again vs. a P5.

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    I haven't read Hester's tweet and don't plan to. Just want to vent about a personal gripe. I've listened to people in our society complain about coach-speak, and then want someone punished because they express their opinion, so you can't really blame a coach for using the same trite phrases over and over, like "we just want to get better every day". It's hard to express true feelings and facts without hurting someone's feelings in our society. What ever happened to free speech? I guess it went away with electronic media.
    some guy got elected president doing it -- funny thing is there is probably less than a dozen folks who read the stuff and complain but now hundreds of folks like you and me who have never heard anything but great things about Hester and pretty jaded about specific posters who whine about everything-- who really cares??

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Good Grief-- tickles me how Kippin is getting praised for his fun with social media use. Hester fighting for players .. for goodness sakes, what constitutes "professional" today? Hester is a certified bad ass and like a lot of folks unimpressed by anonymous posters -- I will be impressed when someone says tacky things about our players to his face --
    Surely you're not implying that Hester would physically assault a Tech fan. And, if he did, then he'd get arrested and Tech would be sued for employing such a dangerous hothead. That wouldn't be good for anyone.

Nobody there. Our crowd outnumbered the whole attendance there today. Throw in Illinois' bunch and wow! When will these regional bowls learn, Tech brings a crowd! And, I hope we play in the HoD Bowl again vs. a P5.
    That is 100% truth--Frisco Bowl wanted Tech for our fan support. I was at N Texas game 2016 and one of their staff told me we were "best travelers " in CUSA. We always have great crowds at Rice-NT and S Miss

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Not really. Average to mediocre S&C coaches who act like assholes aren’t worth the effort.
    post on BBB when you plan to say it to his face-- we will bring as many folks as possible-- should be fun...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

So it's ok to be an asshole as long as you're stronger than everyone else? Cmon 65 I know you don't really think that.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Surely you're not implying that Hester would physically assault a Tech fan. And, if he did, then he'd get arrested and Tech would be sued for employing such a dangerous hothead. That wouldn't be good for anyone.
    No he's saying the anon posters are cowards. No need to spin what he said into something else. Anonymous posting brings out a lot of fake courage to speak your mind that you wouldnt have in person.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    No he's saying the anon posters are cowards. No need to spin what he said into something else. Anonymous posting brings out a lot of fake courage to speak your mind that you wouldnt have in person.
    Don't assume posters here are anonymous. Most of us know each other and have for many years. There is usually somebody in the athletic department who monitors this site and also knows who many or most of the posters are. The difference between these posters and many who have the privilege of drawing a check from EllAyeTech is that these posters are real fans. Those who draw a check rarely have any feelings of fandom and rarely know anything about the long history of Louisiana Tech Football.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    When you deal with the public, and I know you do, you don't say those things. How would your employer like it if you spoke for them publicly? Since I worked for the same group years ago, I am certain you would be talked to very quickly. He may be all that and a bag of chips, but he will never be more- and make the wrong person mad, and he could end up a personal trainer. I actually don't talk about the players typically, but this has been a disappointing season with a fun ending. They were big time underachievers, and we have a right to be unhappy about that. And that comes with the job when you are a coach- don't like it, find another job.

+ Reply to Thread