+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawgs National Defensive Rankings

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Dawgs National Defensive Rankings

Hat's off to Baker and staff! So, can we now bury the "Fire Baker" thread!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Hester needs to be disciplined immediately by Skip Holtz. Hester doesn’t own the LA Tech brand, and he certainly has no business calling any LA Tech fans “fake” or anything else on Twitter. Some of those people he’s calling “fake” are the same people we may have to depend on to clean things up long after the “hired Guns of the day” (coaches) have moved on. And they ALWAYS move on. Don’t ever forget that.

The last thing LA Tech needs is a strength & conditioning coach running off more fans. Over the last 2 years alone, he and our other coaches have been gifted with over $40 Million in football infrastructure upgrades. You would think the dumb bastard would be a little more appreciative than this.

Always remember one thing: there’s no coach in the world that loves LA Tech University as much as some of us fans do. We’re here for the long haul. They are usually here until something better comes along.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

One of my best friends for 50 plus years goes to all the Ruston games =Texas games and flies to a game every year. I have made statement all year that our defense is best in a long time ( since Diaz) = he has challenged me about this issue all year— thanks for starting this thread— I’m all in on accepting the 70 players injury explanation for inconsistencies this year. I get it, you can’t develop consistency without chemistry and if you can’t practice together you suffer. Skip has made it perfectly clear that he is expecting great things from this team and his QB next year. It will be difficult for many to get on the wagon but I think if we can stay healthy next year we will have solid year. That said; poor JM still getting hammered onBBB by some saying he did nothing at Bowl— guess 3 TD passes and 1 running TD and MVP ( offense) is nothing to a few folks

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    One of my best friends for 50 plus years goes to all the Ruston games =Texas games and flies to a game every year. I have made statement all year that our defense is best in a long time ( since Diaz) = he has challenged me about this issue all year— thanks for starting this thread— I’m all in on accepting the 70 players injury explanation for inconsistencies this year. I get it, you can’t develop consistency without chemistry and if you can’t practice together you suffer. Skip has made it perfectly clear that he is expecting great things from this team and his QB next year. It will be difficult for many to get on the wagon but I think if we can stay healthy next year we will have solid year. That said; poor JM still getting hammered onBBB by some saying he did nothing at Bowl— guess 3 TD passes and 1 running TD and MVP ( offense) is nothing to a few folks
    Can you honestly say J'Mar Smith has been a really good QB? If the answer is yes, then you don't know as much about football as I thought you did. Even in the bowl game, J'Mar failed to score points on the first drive even though the defense gave him the ball very deep in SMU territory. It was more of the same. That was the LA Tech offense that we had to watch all year.

But J'Mar got lucky Wed night. This time, his DEFENSE gave him the ball deep in SMU territory again. And again. And again. And they also gave him two TD's to boot. As a result, J'Mar did play better against SMU than he played most of this year.

If it makes you feel better, it's nothing personal. If J'Mar can do it, we Tech fans will be fine with that. But school's out for him. He's had 14 starts. It's time to perform or perish. I just want a QB who can throw accurate passes consistently, and tuck the ball and run it when he HAS to. And most of all, I want a QB who can score points for his team. Good QB's can do this.

For the record, I do think the LA Tech defense could be the best in a long, long time in 2018. If Jaylon Ferguson returns (and he should), look out! We have some really good DB's, including Robertson, Sneed, Lewis, and Baldwin. And they all return! I think the only people we lose from our defense this year are Secdrick Cooper, Deldrick Canty and DeMarion King.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We can do better at QB.

If that is Smith actually looking like a Div I QB, fine. Or, if it's someone else, fine. But we cannot endure another year without a QB.

As HD pointed out, Ross Jenkins looks MILES ahead of Smith in that game vs. LSU, and no one lists Jenkins as one of Tech's all-time QB greats. No disrespect meant to Jenkins.

Smith showed absolutely nothing all year. No! I don't give anyone credit for an occasional good throw. Any halfway decent athletic person, even someone who has never played football, can make some good throws. Heck! I saw some girl throw a perfect pass in one of those contests at halftime to win $100,000. From 20 yards she threw a perfect spiral into a hole in a cardboard board the size of a basketball. Turns out she was on that school's softball team. Bet Smith couldn't do that!

Anyway, as HD says, if Smith can do it, great! I don't care about the name on the back of the jersey. I only care about the name on the front of the jersey.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Anyway, as HD says, if Smith can do it, great! I don't care about the name on the back of the jersey. I only care about the name on the front of the jersey.
    We've all heard the Holtz speak enough to read between the lines...he has already named Smith as the starter for next year. His rock stardom will continue. I hope he learns when to run, how to run, and how to make the simple throws.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Hester needs to be disciplined immediately by Skip Holtz. Hester doesn’t own the LA Tech brand, and he certainly has no business calling any LA Tech fans “fake” or anything else on Twitter. Some of those people he’s calling “fake” are the same people we may have to depend on to clean things up long after the “hired Guns of the day” (coaches) have moved on. And they ALWAYS move on. Don’t ever forget that.

The last thing LA Tech needs is an asshole strength & conditioning coach running off more fans. Over the last 2 years alone, he and our other coaches have been gifted with over $40 Million in football infrastructure upgrades. You would think the dumb bastard would be a little more appreciative than this.

Always remember one thing: there’s no coach in the world that loves LA Tech University as much as some of us fans do. We’re here for the long haul. They are usually here until something better comes along.
    Agreed. Terrible look for a coach to be calling out fans. No to mention, the bowl win doesn’t change the fact we were a .500 team in the regular season.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

We're significantly improving. NCAA.org showed Amik (Fr DB) in the top 10 nationally in interception return yardage and Lewis (So DB) in the top 20 nationally. Adding 3 new LBs who can contribute immediately should pay big dividends next season.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    Didn't Clemson lose to Alabama in 2015?
    I suppose one could eliminate Clemson from the list, but the list specifically focuses on bowl games. Not too many teams could win two post season games, and it's not fair to hold, even a Clemson, to that standard. But, they get Bama in the Sugar Bowl in about a week, so we'll see.

Meantime, Tech is the only G5 continuing on to 2018 still on the list.

You know, with the decades of bowl drought we suffered through....this is fun. YES!! I know the bowl landscape has changed with 40 bowls and 6-6 teams getting in in droves each year. Trust me....I KNOW! But...I'm enjoying the hell out of this! Been to all four bowls and "lost" myself in them. Meaning, I just focused on the bowl game itself, without all the analysis of team records, etc... I don't allow "the noise" to lessen the experience for me.

Next year, let's make it FIVE in a row!

Go Dawgs!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I agree dawg80!! Haven't been to the games, but have watched them all, and unlike those teams who didn't get a bowl game, and half of them that did, I have been able to savor a victory for four years in a row. That is something special.

I envy those of you who go to all the games, and I appreciate your passion for the Dogs.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Sounds like some feelings are hurt.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure Hester is salty that not everyone buys the "first time we've been in 4 bowls" line.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

The last thing LA Tech needs is an asshole strength & conditioning coach running off more fans. Over the last 2 years alone, he and our other coaches have been gifted with over $40 Million in football infrastructure upgrades. You would think the dumb bastard would be a little more appreciative than this.

Better be careful as he could kick your arse HD.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Pretty sure Hester is salty that not everyone buys the "first time we've been in 4 bowls" line.
    We are very lucky to have him on our staff guys!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We are very lucky to have him on our staff guys!
    Who tried to hire him away?

Nobody...

+ Reply to Thread