+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CUSA Bowl Game results

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Re: CUSA Bowl Game results

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    FSU was picked top 3 to start the season and it looked like USM played that caliber team today. They were big and looked like a pro size team to me. I don’t think any other teams in our conference would have fared much better, even considering the early USM penalties. Just my view from watching today.
    Men -vs- boys. Outcome would have been similar against any CUSA team. The gap continues to widen.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Roy Lang III‏ @RoyLangIII

Only thing yet to be determined ... will this be the biggest blowout in @IndyBowl history ... previous largest margin of victory is Ohio (31 points) vs. ULM in 2012.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Turnout for Indy bowl looked good from the pics I’ve seen
    https://twitter.com/Casey_Viera/stat...87634031599619

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No our HC should have coached better. If you forget what he did at the end of the first half you have to realize how incredibly STUPID he was with his special team selection on the kick receiving team he randomly put in to receive the onside kick.

Don't comment if you don't know WTH happened in the game.
    I was there the whole game, ya dip. And if that kick is secured or knocked oob, we arent having this conversation.

Before half, we were at the USM 39 yard line, went for it, fumbled it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Men -vs- boys. Outcome would have been similar against any CUSA team. The gap continues to widen.
    Don't think so. USM just made a poor, poor showing. Never got off the bus. Frankly, I think the LA Tech team that played in the Frisco Bowl and FAU could have had a solid chance against FSU today.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Don't think so. USM just made a poor, poor showing. Never got off the bus. Frankly, I think the LA Tech team that played in the Frisco Bowl and FAU could have had a solid chance against FSU today.
    Agreed. Our coaching staff has taken some heat this season but to its credit a lot of our issues on both sides of the ball were corrected late in the season. We got better as a football team, healed up, and by the bowl game we showed some things that would have made us a 9 to 11 win team if implemented earlier in the season. We ran tempo well in the bowl game, particularly in the red zone. And we simplified things on defense which led to our athletes being able to play faster.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I was there the whole game, ya dip. And if that kick is secured or knocked oob, we arent having this conversation.

Before half, we were at the USM 39 yard line, went for it, fumbled it.
    Yes, I got one of the losses that should have been a win mixed up. UNT is the game he gave them the FG at the end of the 1st half.

The point remains that our HC is a horrible special teams coach and had the wrong people on the field for the onside kick vs USM.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, I got one of the losses that should have been a win mixed up. UNT is the game he gave them the FG at the end of the 1st half.

The point remains that our HC is a horrible special teams coach and had the wrong people on the field for the onside kick vs USM.
    Aw man. Don’t you know our HC and Coordinators are great and our S&C coach is one of the best in the business.

And the best part is, wait for it........ they all love Ruston.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

4-5

Well, on that Bowl Mania prediction show the consensus was CUSA would go 1-8. So, what do they know!?

Puppy eagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rough

I have attended three national championships and with college coaches in my family have attended many, many ACC and SEC games. I am a Southern Miss alum who goes to all of our games. I have seen a lot of football. I strongly disagree with your thoughts. FSU was loaded. Their second string qb was clicking yesterday and they were as complete of a team as I have seen. If he played like that all year they would still be top ten and knocking on playoffs' door. Do you even watch the game? We did not play poorly. We were beat down on both sides of the ball. Their o-line is 6'8" and 6'7" two-deep, all around 330 pounds. Their receivers are mostly 6'3" and taller and all greyhounds. Their defense can gamble and make mistakes because their size and speed make the field feel so small with boundaries. Their second string rb was a high school all-american last year. Hog, you either flipped by the game and saw the score or you are a young man who is gaining experience on eyeballing talent. I love my school but have to tip my cap when someone has a better team. FSU looked beast yesterday and I will admit no C-USA school wanted that angry bunch on that field. I enjoyed the experience but watching the team warm up I told my group it would be ugly unless FSU fumbled ten times.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by eagle in the gym View Post
    I have attended three national championships and with college coaches in my family have attended many, many ACC and SEC games. I am a Southern Miss alum who goes to all of our games. I have seen a lot of football. I strongly disagree with your thoughts. FSU was loaded. Their second string qb was clicking yesterday and they were as complete of a team as I have seen. If he played like that all year they would still be top ten and knocking on playoffs' door. Do you even watch the game? We did not play poorly. We were beat down on both sides of the ball. Their o-line is 6'8" and 6'7" two-deep, all around 330 pounds. Their receivers are mostly 6'3" and taller and all greyhounds. Their defense can gamble and make mistakes because their size and speed make the field feel so small with boundaries. Their second string rb was a high school all-american last year. Hog, you either flipped by the game and saw the score or you are a young man who is gaining experience on eyeballing talent. I love my school but have to tip my cap when someone has a better team. FSU looked beast yesterday and I will admit no C-USA school wanted that angry bunch on that field. I enjoyed the experience but watching the team warm up I told my group it would be ugly unless FSU fumbled ten times.
    Doesn't matter what you think. The delusion is strong with this one. LT would have spanked FSU. After all, look what they did to a top notch SMU team who gave them 5 turnovers. And, they would have brought many many more fans.
    Not worth arguing about. Moot point anyway. FSU was just superior to USM in all facets of the game and the team they fielded yesterday would have monkey stomped any team in CUSA.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter what you think. The delusion is strong with this one. LT would have spanked FSU. After all, look what they did to a top notch SMU team who gave them 5 turnovers. And, they would have brought many many more fans.
    Not worth arguing about. Moot point anyway. FSU was just superior to USM in all facets of the game and the team they fielded yesterday would have monkey stomped any team in CUSA.
    This is something we can all agree on.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle in the gym View Post
    You and I will have to agree to disagree. I thought USM made a very poor showing and did what it could to embarrass itself and CUSA yesterday. Like you, I've been around a long time and seen a lot of football. I quickly recognize when a team feels overwhelmed. Some have the heart to fight back, and some don't. USM allowed itself to quickly feel overwhelmed and did a "turtle" routine yesterday. Here's just one example: When USM tried to execute the on-side kick against FSU, the USM kicker kicked the ball --in the air-- right to the FSU defender, without the ball ever even touching the ground. Hell, YOU can execute an on-side kick better than that. You can at least get the ball to hit the ground. And to make matters even worse, USM drew a 5-yard offside penalty on the same play. The net result of this fiasco was that FSU made a great "return" of the poorly executed kick and started a TD drive from USM's 30-yd line.

You can't make this stuff up. Where was all this "opponent generosity" when USM played LA Tech? When USM played Tech, the same "on-side kick" was executed to perfection, with only a minute left in the game. Against Tech, presumably the same USM kicker put the ball on the ground perfectly, got a great bounce, and USM got possession. Methinks the USM kicker was simply more intimidated by FSU than by LA Tech, hence the better kick against Tech.

The point is, FSU's speed and size had nothing to do with USM's very poorly executed on-side kick. It was simply another in a long line of failed plays after USM --and apparently many of the USM faithful-- had already made up their mind that they were outgunned against the "bigger and faster" FSU. You certainly seem to think so, anyway.

Yes, FSU had big and fast players, including some high school All-Americans. But we all --including you-- knew this long before game time. Most of us just didn't expect USM to go into its' turtle formation so quickly.

LT would have spanked FSU. After all, look what they did to a top notch SMU team who gave them 5 turnovers. And, they would have brought many many more fans.
    Below is an Indy Bowl pic from LA Tech's 17-10 victory over Northern Illinois in 2008. The attendance was over 41K. What do you think?

You and I will have to agree to disagree. I thought USM made a very poor showing and did what it could to embarrass itself and CUSA yesterday. Like you, I've been around a long time and seen a lot of football. I quickly recognize when a team feels overwhelmed. Some have the heart to fight back, and some don't. USM allowed itself to quickly feel overwhelmed and did a "turtle" routine yesterday. Here's just one example: When USM tried to execute the on-side kick against FSU, the USM kicker kicked the ball --in the air-- right to the FSU defender, without the ball ever even touching the ground. Hell, YOU can execute an on-side kick better than that. You can at least get the ball to hit the ground. And to make matters even worse, USM drew a 5-yard offside penalty on the same play. The net result of this fiasco was that FSU made a great "return" of the poorly executed kick and started a TD drive from USM's 30-yd line.

You can't make this stuff up. Where was all this "opponent generosity" when USM played LA Tech? When USM played Tech, the same "on-side kick" was executed to perfection, with only a minute left in the game. Against Tech, presumably the same USM kicker put the ball on the ground perfectly, got a great bounce, and USM got possession. Methinks the USM kicker was simply more intimidated by FSU than by LA Tech, hence the better kick against Tech.

The point is, FSU's speed and size had nothing to do with USM's very poorly executed on-side kick. It was simply another in a long line of failed plays after USM --and apparently many of the USM faithful-- had already made up their mind that they were outgunned against the "bigger and faster" FSU. You certainly seem to think so, anyway.

Yes, FSU had big and fast players, including some high school All-Americans. But we all --including you-- knew this long before game time. Most of us just didn't expect USM to go into its' turtle formation so quickly.
    We call it TTT (To The Top) syndrome. It's what we do. Wasn't always this way as we once played FSU on a regular basis. We competed well with them back in the day. Beat them a few times when they were highly ranked. That's where I saw the difference. We physically could not match up with them. Their second team would have won CUSA going away IMO. Again, agree to disagree.

+ Reply to Thread