Defense was much better this year. There were lapses, but overall not as bad as in years past. Amik is special. Things took a step forward here.

J'Mar is not a dual-threat QB. He might have been that in HS because of his size and athleticism, but from what I have seen he doesn't have the instincts or vision to be one at the D1 level. Not a big deal if his passing improves (mostly just consistency, because some of his passes were things of beauty and some were just plain awful). I am going to assume Skip knows what he is doing here and believe things will be much better next year in his second year of being a starter.

Offense was very boring and predictable this year. That is to be expected, I guess, when you lose your top playmakers and your senior QB. I don't know if this is fact or just perception, but it seems like we never threw over the middle this year. Except for the bowl game, we were overly passive (like a student that feels anything greater than a "C" is overkill).

It's nice to feel disappointed with a season that ended with a bowl win in blowout fashion.

Because I am moving to within 10 hours of Ruston by next season, I will be back on the season ticket train. After a few 20 hour trips to watch boring mediocrity, I may have a more tainted opinion of the whole thing!

Go dawgs.