Don't respond to this post. This is just my opinion. Instead, post your summary of how you feel and what you believe at the end of this year.

First of all, I am NOT happy about our season. The bowl win (especially the blowout type win we had) certainly helped though. As stated by many on here, Skip can coach some bowls!!!!! That made things much better going into the off season.

Injuries: Yes, I believe injuries did play a PART of our year this year. It is a team game and you have to expect it, but we had more than most teams in the country. There is a reason that players are starters or 2nd and 3rd string players. The starters should be your best players and we were never at full strength. That doesn't excuse it, but it does play a part in our problem this year.

Our QB is not a world beater by any stretch. I think we all expected more. We were used to more. After the last 3 "1 year starters" at that position, we thought Skip knew talent or Tim could develop it. That was not the case, although I did see some improvement in the bowl game.

I think we were all the most disappointed, because we haven't really had a down year for the last 3 years. We were in the conference race and had the ability to knock off lower P5's. We just couldn't get it done. It was more disappointing, because our hopes were REALLY high coming into this year with this schedule.

Coaching: Skip has proven that he can coach a bowl game. It is still a question of why he is not as aggressive in regular season. In fact, it seems that aggressive play calling on defense and offense is in descending order: Bowl game - most aggressive, Conference games - 2, Non-Conference G5 and FCS - 3, and then P5 regular season. This is frustrating, as most of us believe that if our mindset was like bowl games for all games, we would be on the national scene.

I don't know what next year holds. Losing our 2 running backs hurts. I do think our defense and our OL will be improved. That should help J'Mar (or whomever our QB will be). I expect it will be J'Mar, so get ready for that. Let's just hope that Tim can work some magic with him in the offseason. If he is our QB, I think he needs to drop baseball and concentrate just on football.

Overall, no one is happy that we finished 7-6 for the year. If they are, they shouldn't be. We SHOULD be happy with our bowl win, though. For what turned out to be a down year, we finished on a high note.

Skip may never get us into an access bowl. I wish I could think differently, but I don't think he has shown he can. It would take some really special magic for that to happen. The last 4 years have been fun, though - even with the frustration of this year. Satisfied???? NO Do I feel we are in better shape than before Skip? YES..... I just can't help but think Skip is exactly what was told to us before he came - he will be steady and good, but won't get us over the hump.

Congratulations to the Dawgs on the win this week.. I truly hope the momentum stays with us for next year. Our defense has turned into a machine and that is some really good news. The schedule is harder next year, so we better show some improvement for regular season games. I will be HORRIBLY upset if we just show up to play lsu. We need to BEAT lsu and that is going to be a tall order. I want to see us compete and show that we can be more than just the 2nd best team in the state next year. That is the only way we will ever get respect and it will even be difficult if we beat lsu. We will have to overcome the "fluke" argument, so it has to be backed up with a big time win record next year, as well.

All in all, I am disappointed in the year. That will NOT dampen my spirits on the great bowl win and victory for our seniors this week, though.

GO DAWGS!!!!! SO proud of the way they responded this week and the total domination of a team I personally cannot stand!!!!