+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 MBB vs. UTSA

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1/4 MBB vs. UTSA

My point is that we are missing a go to guy who will put us on his back emotionally and from a production standpoint and carry us to a win.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Maybe by tournament time we will have someone who wants that role . We also need at least 3 people going to the glass after the shot vs turning and running down court after the shot!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Are guys like Speedy that tough to get to come to Tech? He was a distributor who protected the ball. He played great defense. He was a leader in the huddle. He could launch a long 3 when we needed it and bury the sucker. Man I miss him.
    Any one know if he is playing in the NBA?

I don't believe it is all doom and gloom. In Konkol's first two years at Tech, he won 70% of all games played, I think, and this season is far from over.

FWIW, I doubt any one that actually knows me would label me Mr. Optimistic.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post

I don't believe it is all doom and gloom. In Konkol's first two years at Tech, he won 70% of all games played, I think, and this season is far from over.

Speedy is in one of the developmental leagues.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

This last batch of recruits is still learning how to play. The fact we're playing close games gives me hope that we may be able to get over the hump halfway through conference play and be playing our best ball by conference tournament. At this point, the only thing that matters is that we are peaking in the conference tournament. The main reason I watch games is to see if our young talent is developing. This was our only hope all along btw.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I just want to see our guys slap the floor and play a little defense every once in a while. Get down in a solid defensive stance and get our arms up in passing lanes instead of just standing around. Maybe dive after a loose ball. Motion to the crowd to get loud when we need a stop. Get more than a quarter of 50/50 balls. Or even block out and grab a strong rebound on a consistent basis. I know we can do it because I saw us do it in Cancun. It's unacceptable that in almost every game it looks like the other team wants to win more than we do. The difference in intensity was night and day in the ULL and SFA games when ULL/SFA played like their life depended on it while we played like we were playing a pick-up game at the playground. We have the talent but not the hustle and heart. And please let's end all the lazy passes. I've seen enough lazy passing this year to last me a lifetime. Painfully evident Konkol doesn't put any emphasis on passing.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-06-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    The last recruits (transfers) were a 6'10" 220# soph. center, and a 6'7" 230# jr. forward. According to the stats I've seen, the center has played in 4 games, 22 minutes total, and scored 5 pts. total; the forward has played in 1 game, 6 minutes total, and scored 1 pt. total. ??

Is this who you are talking about ??
    I’m sure he means Christon, duruji and archbald. Pemberton too, didn’t play last year

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Thanks, Dix; I figured that out so I deleted the post, but you had already already quoted me.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post

Speedy is currently with the Grand Rapids Drive (Pistons) in the NBA development league. He was with the Lakers' development team for a couple of seasons before being traded to the Grand Rapids Drive. http://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/#!/1627589/ He played overseas after he left Tech, but it didn't work out for some reason so he returned to the United States to play.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Speedy is currently with the Grand Rapids Drive (Pistons) in the NBA development league. He was with the Lakers' development team for a couple of seasons before being traded to the Grand Rapids Drive. http://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/#!/1627589/ He played overseas after he left Tech, but it didn't work out for some reason so he returned to the United States to play.
    Better chance at a 10 day contract in the NBA while playing in the G-League. Best American basketball league besides the NBA and they’re affiliated with the Pistons.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Live look at our MBB program

Konkol must go. He is obviously more interested in losing weight than he is in coaching basketball. These players deserve better.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

For the record, I have never heard of any school's athletic teams losing this many close football and basketball games --all in a 4 month span-- in my lifetime. What LA Tech athletics is experiencing so far in the 2017-2018 school year is truly mind boggling and totally inexplicable. We need to pull out of this stench very soon.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    For the record, I have never heard of any school's athletic teams losing this many close football and basketball games --all in a 4 month span-- in my lifetime. What LA Tech athletics is experiencing so far in the 2017-2018 school year is truly mind boggling and totally inexplicable. We need to pull out of this stench very soon.
    What's the problem? All these close games, in FB and MBB....and heck, even in WBB, means we are competing! Who cares about actual, tangible results, like silly "Ws?" Just as long as we "compete!" you should be satisfied as a fan.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We have had 27 injuries in MBB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What's the problem? All these close games, in FB and MBB....and heck, even in WBB, means we are competing! Who cares about actual, tangible results, like silly "Ws?" Just as long as we "compete!" you should be satisfied as a fan.
    Exactly!

+ Reply to Thread