+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on UCF as national champ?

Hybrid View

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs Up Thoughts on UCF as national champ?

@MMFlint

Congrats to University of Central Florida(13-0) on being America's national champion! The elites will still hold their FBS-SEC bowl I guess.

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/948263805162835968

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Re: Thoughts on UCF as national champ?

.@UCF_Football should be #NationalChampions; they convincingly beat #Auburn, the only team to beat Bama & UGA. There is NO rational reason to think #UCF couldn't beat #Bama or #UGA if the corrupt @CFBPlayoff had given them the chance.And UCF has the only perfect record.

https://twitter.com/Mr_Humidity/stat...77053970132992

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I support.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

they have my vote.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

as much as I want to say I agree, I can’t make myself. The toughest game they played was against Auburn with a month to prepare. Could they play Auburn, then Bama, then UGA in consecutive weeks and win 2/3 or all 3? No way to know. I would bet not.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I think they have a legit claim. They have my vote (which counts for absolutely nothing).

Honestly, I cannot seem to get excited for the SEC game of the week masquerading as the national championship, especailly since the SEC did rather poorly in most of the bowl games they participated in.

I probably won't watch, but the only consolation would be if Alabama won (because that really annoys LSU fans the most since they lost Saban).

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    as much as I want to say I agree, I can’t make myself. The toughest game they played was against Auburn with a month to prepare. Could they play Auburn, then Bama, then UGA in consecutive weeks and win 2/3 or all 3? No way to know. I would bet not.
    What other team could play any 2 of those and UCF in consecutive weeks and win all 3?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Wah.

If Bama's conference is too hard for them, I hear the WAC is taking applications.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

This has been all the P5 pundits mantra all along. Sure they can beat one team but can they play a full SEC, B1G, ACC etc schedule? Who's to say Memphis or Houston, South Florida, Navy aren't equivalent games. It's not whether they can play those P5 teams every week (they can't because they are not in those conferences and their own schedules won't allow it), but what does the rest of the teams on their schedule do against the P5 teams week after week? If AAC or WAC or CUSA teams are consistently collectively beating their P5 opponents then doesn't their schedule compare to the P5 conference schedules. This is the reason we have to root for our own conference mates when they play the P5 schools.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

If UCF wants to play for a national championship they should buy themselves into a Power 5 conference like Louisville did. They have over 60,000 students and tons of money. They will never get into a playoff as a member of the AAC. Too many losers in that conference, i.e. Tulane.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    What other team could play any 2 of those and UCF in consecutive weeks and win all 3?

I agree, but because the haves are set up to get the nod, you have to schedule way over your head. As a G5, you have to be lucky enough to run the table and beat at least 1 ranked P5 just to get consideration, IMO. After a few G5’s have been blown out in the big bowl games, I think it would take an undefeated season by them next year and then they might get in.

I’m not saying feel sorry for Bama. Feel bad for Boise(years ago) and UCF because they proved everything they could on the field and they still got snubbed. Only way to fix it is 8 team playoff. Even then, they will figure out a way to only have 1 G5 in the mix.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I’m not saying feel sorry for Bama. Feel bad for Boise(years ago) and UCF because they proved everything they could on the field and they still got snubbed. Only way to fix it is 8 team playoff. Even then, they will figure out a way to only have 1 G5 in the mix.
    A 8 team playoff doesn't guarantee one Group of 5 team in, much less two or more. There are no automatic bids in football, except at the lower levels. UCF was only 12th this year.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    A 8 team playoff doesn't guarantee one Group of 5 team in, much less two or more. There are no automatic bids in football, except at the lower levels. UCF was only 12th this year.
    No one really knows what an 8-team playoff would look like. But over the past several years the individuals in the media who have talked about it the most - Brett McMurphy and Tim Brando - believe that for political reasons it will include the 5 P5 champions, the highest ranked G5 champion, and 2 at-large bids.

For years on his SiriusXM show Brando said the only reason the playoff wasn't initially at 8 was because the presidents of one conference, the Pac 12, wouldn't go along with it. He believed we would get much closer to 8 becoming a reality when the Pac 12 was left out of the 4 team field.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    No one really knows what an 8-team playoff would look like. But over the past several years the individuals in the media who have talked about it the most - Brett McMurphy and Tim Brando - believe that for political reasons it will include the 5 P5 champions, the highest ranked G5 champion, and 2 at-large bids.

For years on his SiriusXM show Brando said the only reason the playoff wasn't initially at 8 was because the presidents of one conference, the Pac 12, wouldn't go along with it. He believed we would get much closer to 8 becoming a reality when the Pac 12 was left out of the 4 team field.
    Well, the PAC 12 and the Big Ten were both left out this year. Perhaps that will stoke some fires?

+ Reply to Thread