+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I'm not changing my opinion at all, I have sat in Tiger stadium and listened to the shit and watched our Dawgs lose.

Screw them!!!! Give me a DAWG win in BR any day. Over a win over USA. Over USM. Again, just my opinion and thoughts...... y'all dont lose any sleep over it. It will be ok......I am sure we will power through at 7-5. We were 6-6 vs a crap schedule in 2017.

Give me that win in BR!!
    We all want to win in BR! But, most of us also want to win in Mobile, and five times in Ruston, etc...

Little wonder we are stuck where we are.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    He's certainly not giving 6th graders enough credit.
    Now THAT'S a great comeback.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'll take 11-1 with a loss to LSU any year. As has been stated, we don't play them enough to make a difference, and they won't schedule us enough if we were to beat them consistently. No number of victories over LSU is going to get us the respect we deserve in the state, and won't mean anything to out of state folks to make a difference. Keep our name out in front of a national audience, and the players we seek will start coming.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'll take 11-1 with a loss to LSU any year. As has been stated, we don't play them enough to make a difference, and they won't schedule us enough if we were to beat them consistently. No number of victories over LSU is going to get us the respect we deserve in the state, and won't mean anything to out of state folks to make a difference. Keep our name out in front of a national audience, and the players we seek will start coming.
    Post of the month! Someone gets it.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

In my thinking, one of the main things that stifles our growth in regional popularity is that so many of our own alum and others (not LSU alum) interested in college football have a vicarious attachment to LSU. Thus, if the 12-1 record (with a loss to LSU) did not get us into the Access Bowl next year, I'd prefer a 11-2 (even if it cost us the CUSA championship). Seems like it might have greater implications moving forward. I understand it's only a hypothetical scenario. Cutting the head off the giant would lead to more success imo.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Awesome signing Class...
    Should prove to give us more skill players, even as back ups!
    Barreing a lot of injuries on the 3rd week of Sept., when we head down to Baton Rouge we will be just fine!
    Supposively, we had some pretty good atheletes that were Red Shirted last year and this new Class, both should have a big impact on the program!
    Go Bulldogs!
    If JMar proves to be better than all the QB's on the roster, then he should be pretty good going into next year!
    I also, would like to see one or two of the RS or new RB's make a BIG impact next year!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

All I know is that I will definitely be trekking down from Iowa for the LSU game, and it will be VERY hard not to wildly rub it in people's faces if that game works out in our favor. We also had better not just fluke it up though if that happens, and then go on to lose a bunch of other games.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

How long was Troy the media darlings of the nation after beating LSU? Beating LSU gives us more national spotlight than anybody on the schedule, and it ain’t even close. Having said that, beating Southern Miss and a conference championship is more important to me, because to date Skip hasn’t beat a USM team with a pulse.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    How long was Troy the media darlings of the nation after beating LSU? Beating LSU gives us more national spotlight than anybody on the schedule, and it ain’t even close. Having said that, beating Southern Miss and a conference championship is more important to me, because to date Skip hasn’t beat a USM team with a pulse.
    Careful, some people wont understand that you are talking about what others would think about it and not your own personal feelings.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

My number one goal is conference championship! After looking at the signing class my number two goal is to win our bowl game . Number three is beat Southern Miss.
    Beating LSU only means anything if we win the conference. You will get nothing but excuses if we win ( bad coach, key players hurt, new coaching , new offense, they over looked us, we played over our heads, they were looking ahead, Wow there are a bunch, I heard the same kind of stuff when I was racing)
    I want us to win all our games! Go Dogs!

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

Which victory gave our program more headwind? Winning WAC championship or beating Alabama? I say beating Alabama!...........So I'd prefer to beat LSU if given the choice! I believe we could solidify more recruits in our state if we could show that our program is capable of competing on a P-5 level! Granted I despise that school in Baton Rouge and every fan that did not graduate from their but I see it in a bigger picture as well! This may upset some of the younger BBB posters, but I've lived long enough in this state to know how much respect we could gain by beating LSU and hopefully quiet the coolaid LSU drinkers!!

Quote Originally Posted by DD Dawg View Post
    Which victory gave our program more headwind? Winning WAC championship or beating Alabama? I say beating Alabama!...........So I'd prefer to beat LSU if given the choice! I believe we could solidify more recruits in our state if we could show that our program is capable of competing on a P-5 level! Granted I despise that school in Baton Rouge and every fan that did not graduate from their but I see it in a bigger picture as well! This may upset some of the younger BBB posters, but I've lived long enough in this state to know how much respect we could gain by beating LSU and hopefully quiet the coolaid LSU drinkers!!
    Don't you mean "tailwind?" A headwind would slow us down.

You say beating Bama, and LSU, and other such "landmark" wins gives a program a boost? Really? ULM beat Bama with Saban as coach....what has that huge win done for their program? I'll wait while you list the benefits the injuns derived from it....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It's the off season. Neither hoops' teams have offered a sufficient distraction.....so, here we are.

You know a uniform/helmet thread will soon resurface too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It's the off season. Neither hoops' teams have offered a sufficient distraction.....so, here we are.

You know a uniform/helmet thread will soon resurface too.
    ....and isn't it about time for another BAND thread....

+ Reply to Thread