Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
I would take a win over LSU, period. We went 6-6 last year............. Gimme that beat down in BR anytime.

I would take a losing season with a win in BR.
NO!

Sure, beating lspoo, anytime, has its positive impact and really, just the satisfaction of beating dem azzholes would be great!

BUT! No way, I mean NO WAY, do I measure the success of a Tech season, in any sport, by how we fare vs. the poosters! They are NOT that important. They are a very good athletics' school, with all the benefits of being a large land grant university, and of course, all the perks from the revenue of being in the richest conference in the nation. But except for the in-state interest, they are no different than the other upper half of the SEC in football (in this case). Beating lspoo holds more merit than beating Vandy or Kentucky, for instance, in football. But not as much as beating Bama, Auburn, UGA, and on par with aTm, Tenn, etc...would be.

They are just another road game vs. a usually good SEC school. Heck, South Carolina actually won their bowl game and had just as successful a season as lspoo did. We should have beaten SC, as we all know. Please don't act like the rest of the tigger-wannabees in this state. We are LOUISIANA TECH!