+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    TWO Super Bowls are set!

NE vs. Philly
    Tech vs. LSU (only someone needs to notify LSU because they don't give a damn about this game any more than any other on their schedule)

Hey, Hogdawg! get out there and market the hell out of this monumental matchup, the Louisiana Super Bowl! Of course you're in Texas and won't have to endure the laughing stock Tech will become if we continue down this stupid path. HD, you have a real Southland Conference mentality about ya.

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! bow down at the altar of tiggerism, HD.

Not me! LSU is just another game on our schedule. Nothing more.
    The question wasnt what mattered to you, it was what had the greater implications for Tech. He is thinking of getting attention of the basic Louisiana fans. They dont care about access bowls, or CUSA championships, but they would care about (and actually watch) our game with LSU. An access bowl is great for us for two, maybe three, seasons. Its a memory that will wear out. They wont remember us playing Penn State in the Peach Bowl. But they will remember the last time we played LSU if we beat them. Once the game reschedules, theyd immediately go back to the previous game "Last time Tech won!"

Its not like we'd even make an access bowl next year without beating LSU or MSU anyway. Probably have to win both to guarantee it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

TWO Super Bowls are set!

NE vs. Philly
    Tech vs. LSU (only someone needs to notify LSU because they don't give a damn about this game any more than any other on their schedule)

Hey, Hogdawg! get out there and market the hell out of this monumental matchup, the Louisiana Super Bowl! Of course you're in Texas and won't have to endure the laughing stock Tech will become if we continue down this stupid path. HD, you have a real Southland Conference mentality about ya.

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! bow down at the altar of tiggerism, HD.

Not me! LSU is just another game on our schedule. Nothing more.
    I never said we are not worthy. To the contrary, YOU did. YOU are the weenie that's afraid of LSU. You're the one that just admitted --in writing-- that you are more concerned about becoming a laughing stock in Louisiana. (I can't believe you actually admitted that. LOL!)

Getting past all the silly sniping, I do believe LA Tech can and should beat LSU in 2018. LSU's Coach O really does suck. And yes, beating LSU would go much farther in the hearts and minds of Louisianians than LA Tech winning an access bowl over some no-name P5 that nobody in Louisiana really cares about. That's just a fact.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's just a fact.
    Actually, it was an opinion.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    If we beat LSU it will not be viewed by the uneducated populace of this state as a case of TECH being GOOD or the 2nd best team in the state...

It will be viewed as that dumbass Coach O couldn't even beat lowly Neck...

I would much rather have a 10 win regular season and a conference championship and take whatever the outcome the LSU game is win or lose...
    .....so what does a CUSA championship with a big loss to LSU get ya? Okay.....so maybe you get 10 wins over the "little sisters of the poor". Are Louisianians really going to be impressed with a 10-win season that includes victories over UAB, UTSA, UNT, FIU, MTSU, etc....? I seriously doubt it. LA Tech has to start winning games that matter. Like it or not, the game against LSU will matter. And frankly, in the big picture many of the others just don't.

Some of you Louisiana guys sound like you've just been beat down.

And BTW....if we still have Smith at QB, get ready for a long night in BR.
    ......see what I mean. Dawg80 is afraid of his own shadow.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I see a lot of people are limiting this to Louisiana. Yes, beating LSU would be bigger in Louisiana than an Access bowl. There is a world outside of Louisiana though. I think beating LSU would help our perception. I mentioned I don't think people would suddenly put us on equal footing. It would be seen as more of a fluke. However it would help general perception and would probably help recruiting. We would probably get a little bump in attendance, but the only people who would be moved by the LSU win would be alums who have gone to the dark side but haven't fully succumbed.

An access bowl would probably be forgotten within the state sooner, but would have a much bigger impact on perception everywhere else. Being one of the teams to make the access bowl would go a long way in future conference realignments.

The LSU win would be Alabama part 2. We all still love the 99 win over Alabama, but beyond our own fans, who really talks about it now.

Bottom line I guess I will take any of the things on my list for next year.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    .....so what does a CUSA championship with a big loss to LSU get ya?
    Something we haven't had before - A CUSA championship....

Given the choice right now - I'd take a Conference Championship with a 10 win regular season in a heart beat over a win vs LSU

I remember what the wins over them in baseball and basketball got us in the late 80's - very little....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I couldnt tell you the winner of the access bowl past maybe three seasons ago without looking it up, so I dont know how it would affect our perception to anyone but die-hards. And even then, we'd have to maintain that success for a while to be referenced like a Boise State.

No P5 wins= No access bowl.

I certainly dont think LSU or MSU are that fantastic. We are capable of beating both. That, of course, doesnt mean we will. LSU benefitted from an Auburn choke-job and an overall lackluster SEC schedule.

Something we haven't had before - A CUSA championship....

Given the choice right now - I'd take a Conference Championship with a 10 win regular season in a heart beat over a win vs LSU

I remember what the wins over them in baseball and basketball got us in the late 80's - very little....
    And all that got FAU this year was a bowl in their home town against Akron. The only reason people even care about them is Kiffin.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Is Boise any closer to a P5 invite than they were before the Peterson years?

I think we'd all love to be where they are, but what has it really gotten them? At the G5 level, can one season, or even a string of seasons, ever make a lasting impact? I think the answer is only yes if that season or string of seasons leads to a higher profile and more money. Those two things only arrive in significant ways once you reach the P5 level.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I couldnt tell you the winner of the access bowl past maybe three seasons ago without looking it up, so I dont know how it would affect our perception to anyone but die-hards. And even then, we'd have to maintain that success for a while to be referenced like a Boise State.

No P5 wins= No access bowl.

I certainly dont think LSU or MSU are that fantastic. We are capable of beating both. That, of course, doesnt mean we will. LSU benefitted from an Auburn choke-job and an overall lackluster SEC schedule.
    I'm not even talking access bowl -

I'm talking a 10-win regular season and a conference championship

Do that first and then worry about an access bowl...

And I wouldn't say we are CAPABLE of beating Miss State or LSU atleast based on recent history

Skip is who he is....

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Is Boise any closer to a P5 invite than they were before the Peterson years?

I think we'd all love to be where they are, but what has it really gotten them? At the G5 level, can one season, or even a string of seasons, ever make a lasting impact? I think the answer is only yes if that season or string of seasons leads to a higher profile and more money. Those two things only arrive in significant ways once you reach the P5 level.
    Look at their balance sheet and then tell me what it's gotten them....

Look at their merchandise sales

Look at the "favor" they are shown on national scale where media is concerned

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Look at their balance sheet and then tell me what it's gotten them....

Look at their merchandise sales

Look at the "favor" they are shown on national scale where media is concerned
    Nothing that can't be taken away with one bad hire. Never said it didn't have an impact, I'm just saying that the impact of either is going to be relatively short lived...even if we won the access bowl.

We're all a long way from the top of the hill.

Has Boise's been short lived? They've been relevant for 15 years plus now...

Has Boise's been short lived? They've been relevant for 15 years plus now...
    Depends on how you define relevant I guess. They're the kings of the kiddie table...which is a tenuous position. That's my only point.

+ Reply to Thread