+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Re: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

I want to beat LSU. I don't look-up to them, I don't envy them, I don't feel a rivalry with them. However, I do want the 'trophy'. I want to win Conf USA too and beat USM too.

I don't worry about newspaper coverage as much because of the decline. But at the end of the year, if that 'trophy' is there then it is something that will be continually mentioned.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It's a false premise.

Which would you prefer to punch out, your oldest kid or your second oldest? Don't be AFRAID to answer the question. You have to choose one of them.
    Actually I don't punch either of my kids. Regardless, my kids aren't part of the discussion on the BB&B message board. LA Tech's football schedule is. Do you not see a difference?

So, you're still dodging the question? Check mate!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Unlike you, I'll worry about the LSU game the week of the LSU game. Yeah, I know, with your Southland Conference "we're not worthy" mentality you're wetting your panties in eager anticipation of our "Super Bowl" but when I start really thinking about Tech football again, I'll think about our opener at USA.

BTW, based on what you've posted, you would prefer to lose to USA....a Belcher! Well, that's not surprising since you have a Southland Conference outlook. I suppose to someone like you the Belch is a super conference!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Unlike you, I'll worry about the LSU game the week of the LSU game. Yeah, I know, with your Southland Conference "we're not worthy" mentality you're wetting your panties in eager anticipation of our "Super Bowl" but when I start really thinking about Tech football again, I'll think about our opener at USA.

BTW, based on what you've posted, you would prefer to lose to USA....a Belcher! Well, that's not surprising since you have a Southland Conference outlook. I suppose to someone like you the Belch is a super conference!
    Where did this "Southland Conference" silliness come from? Is that all you got? LAME!!! You are so LAME.

Still a check mate. You just got boxed into a corner and can't get out.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

you're wetting your panties in eager anticipation
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Is that all you got? LAME!!! You are so LAME.
    labg
    twss

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Where did this "Southland Conference" silliness come from? Is that all you got? LAME!!! You are so LAME.

Still a check mate. You just got boxed into a corner and can't get out.
    You're a moron. Go on believing all your own crap. Boxed into a corner? Good one! (says the person who did indeed paint himself into a corner proclaiming LSU is our Super Bowl). That's beyond pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I would take a win over LSU, period. We went 6-6 last year............. Gimme that beat down in BR anytime.

I would take a losing season with a win in BR.
    NO!

Sure, beating lspoo, anytime, has its positive impact and really, just the satisfaction of beating dem azzholes would be great!

BUT! No way, I mean NO WAY, do I measure the success of a Tech season, in any sport, by how we fare vs. the poosters! They are NOT that important. They are a very good athletics' school, with all the benefits of being a large land grant university, and of course, all the perks from the revenue of being in the richest conference in the nation. But except for the in-state interest, they are no different than the other upper half of the SEC in football (in this case). Beating lspoo holds more merit than beating Vandy or Kentucky, for instance, in football. But not as much as beating Bama, Auburn, UGA, and on par with aTm, Tenn, etc...would be.

They are just another road game vs. a usually good SEC school. Heck, South Carolina actually won their bowl game and had just as successful a season as lspoo did. We should have beaten SC, as we all know. Please don't act like the rest of the tigger-wannabees in this state. We are LOUISIANA TECH!
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. LOL! Nice try, but that's total hogwash. Nothing could be further from the truth. LA State University OWNS the state of Louisiana, perhaps more so than any single school/state in the nation, save for Arkansas and perhaps Missouri. It's certainly true in the deep south.

Don't take your eye off the prize. You can't come this far without knowing what's really important and what's just window dressing. And absolutely nothing would have more of a positive impact on LA Tech's future than beating Louisiana State in front of 100K Louisianians, and another 4 million watching on TV.
    Original posts that started this.

I rest my case.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Original posts that started this.

I rest my case.
    What case? Your beef seems to be more with what Geaux Dawgs said.

Hog Dawg's points are pretty valid. To the State of Louisiana, the LSU game is the most important on our schedule. Not to us, to others. This thread isnt initially about US or out hopes for next season, it is about impact and implications. And he's right. Winning the LSU game is about one of the most impactful things we can do this regular season as far getting attention and making a name.
    He's not calling it our super bowl, or saying he'd take a losing season for the LSU win.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Fellow Dawgs and Brothers to each other KA's having a cat fight. Old men w/out a Rebel flag...

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not changing my opinion at all, I have sat in Tiger stadium and listened to the shit and watched our Dawgs lose.

Screw them!!!! Give me a DAWG win in BR any day. Over a win over USA. Over USM. Again, just my opinion and thoughts...... y'all dont lose any sleep over it. It will be ok......I am sure we will power through at 7-5. We were 6-6 vs a crap schedule in 2017.

Give me that win in BR!!

You're a moron. Go on believing all your own crap. Boxed into a corner? Good one! (says the person who did indeed paint himself into a corner proclaiming LSU is our Super Bowl). That's beyond pathetic.

Good Gawd.....now you sound like a 6th grader. Grow up, loser!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I'm not changing my opinion at all, I have sat in Tiger stadium and listened to the shit and watched our Dawgs lose.

Screw them!!!! Give me a DAWG win in BR any day. Over a win over USA. Over USM. Again, just my opinion and thoughts...... y'all dont lose any sleep over it. It will be ok......I am sure we will power through at 7-5. We were 6-6 vs a crap schedule in 2017.

Give me that win in BR!!
    GD, I too have sat in that stadium and had to listen to all the knuckledraggers talk $hit, pretty hard to swallow and really hard to forget! You want to talk about something hard to forget though, that would be a win over the tiggas in their own stadium while they finally have "one of their own" coaching them, I could peacefully die at that point in my life I think.

Would I trade that win for any others or all the rest of the games or possibly the CC, realistically probably not. A real realistic look at the whole thing is, if you are good enough to beat the Tigers You are probably going to win most if not all of your games that season along with a Conference Championship and a very good bowl game.

The Answer to the question is yes I think victory over LSU takes us farther than a conference championship, is it our Superbowl?, Nah, only thing I would consider our Superbowl is a National Championship Game.

Yea, I know...that all sounds pretty delusional, but if you are going to set goals, set high ones.

Good Gawd.....now you sound like a 6th grader. Grow up, loser!
    Nice comeback....not!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    What case? Your beef seems to be more with what Geaux Dawgs said.

Hog Dawg's points are pretty valid. To the State of Louisiana, the LSU game is the most important on our schedule. Not to us, to others. This thread isnt initially about US or out hopes for next season, it is about impact and implications. And he's right. Winning the LSU game is about one of the most impactful things we can do this regular season as far getting attention and making a name.
    He's not calling it our super bowl, or saying he'd take a losing season for the LSU win.
    I can understand why you feel the need to defend HD, since he's failed miserably himself. But, I wasn't talking to you, so STFU.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Nice comeback....not!
    He's certainly not giving 6th graders enough credit.

+ Reply to Thread