+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Admins: please delete this thread.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Ain't it the truth.

LSU is the bar. But some of our fans are to stupid to know it. Apparently some believe that beating some P5 school in an Access Bowl will mean more to Louisianians than beating LSU.
    Too stupid, not to stupid.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think this is a stupid conversation. We each have an opinion of what is best for Tech. We can all agree that more success than the previous year is the goal right now. What does that look like? Any combo of the described scenarios would qualify in my book.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

In the world we wished we lived in, a conference title and a loss to LSU would have a greater impact.

In the world we actually live in, beating LSU would have a much greater impact...and it’s not even close.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    1a. Access Bowl- Right now this is the ultimate goal. I think this would do more to legitimize our previous success than anything else and would be a factor next time conference realignment comes around. Unlikely to happen without beating LSU, but this is a hypothetical.
    1b. Beat LSU- besides an access bowl, this would have the biggest positive impact in recruiting and perception within the state. It's been 100 years or so. It's not like a win would suddenly make us #1 in the state, but it would change perception for the last holdouts who believe we aren't the clear #2.
    3. Top 25 ranking to finish the season- We have had top 25 rankings before, but ending the season in the top 25 would be a big milestone for the program.
    4. Conference championship- Been there done that (not in CUSA), but this is still a big accomplishment and would be nice to add to the collection
    5. Top 25 win- We need more of these.
    6. 10+ win season- Need some of these
    7. Bowl win- Always a nice way to finish the season.
    8. Bowl game- At least we finished 6-6 or better and got to go to a bowl game.
    Pretty good list here's my goals for LaTech each year (not particularly 2018):
    1. Win any nationally televised game (I want the other college football fans to see and enjoy watching my team!)
    2. Win at least 50% of games against #25 ranked teams on schedule (garners attention from poll voters)
    3. Win at least 75% of OOC games (3 Ws)
    4. Win at least 75% of Conference games (6 Ws)
    5. Bowl Game (See #1 (10th win of season!))
    6. Conference Championship game (See #1)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Because he's small-minded and is proclaiming the LSU game as our Super Bowl.

It's the EXACT same thing I hear from NSU fans. They would gladly go 1-11 as long as that one win was vs. Tech. That's the boat HD has gotten in to. Frankly, I used to think more of HD. But he's embarrassing himself, and unfortunately, some out there will use his quotes as "proof" how small-minded Tech is.

I'll say it again: LSU is a good SEC program, with all the advantages that includes, but they are just another game on our schedule. Period.
    I never perpetuated the 1-11 theory. Like you, that's just silly talk. And it is true, Tech nation is full of small-minded people. You are absolute proof of it.

The question was what "would have greater implications for La Tech next year". And the answer is, beating LSU would go much farther in the hearts and minds of Louisianians than winning an access bowl over some no-name P5 that nobody in Louisiana really cares about. Two weeks after a big Access bowl win over Clemson, or Michigan St, or Oklahoma, or Georgia, etc...most football fans in the state of Louisiana wouldn't even be able to tell you who LA Tech beat. But a win over LSU would never be forgotten, and would likely leave an impression for many years (because we don't play them every year).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    In the world we wished we lived in, a conference title and a loss to LSU would have a greater impact.

In the world we actually live in, beating LSU would have a much greater impact...and it’s not even close.
    Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Too stupid, not to stupid.
    LOL! Touche!. Then again, my "editor" days are long behind me.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

A win over LSU would definitely have a greater impact on Louisiana fans. Perhaps it would get more casual Louisiana fans out to JAS to watch us play Bowling Green, South Alabama or whoever. But that wasn't the question. Since we are also playing Mississippi State, who is to say that beating them wouldn't impact us as much or more on the National Stage. I depends on either team's records etc. Beating a 1-11 (or even a mediocre) LSU team would not impact us as much as beating a 10-2 Mississippi State team and winning an Access Bowl. It would provide satisfaction but that's about it. Now if we beat a 10-2 LSU team that would impact us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Since we are also playing Mississippi State, who is to say that beating them wouldn't impact us as much or more on the National Stage. I depends on either team's records etc. Beating a 1-11 (or even a mediocre) LSU team would not impact us as much as beating a 10-2 Mississippi State team and winning an Access Bowl. It would provide satisfaction but that's about it. Now if we beat a 10-2 LSU team that would impact us more.
    Your self imposed restrictions on the discussion are unwarranted. When was the last time LSU was 1-11? (The answer is, never. However, in 1910, they were 1-5. )

And for that matter, when was the last time MSU was 10-2. (The answer is 1999.)

That's what I thought.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Your self imposed restrictions on the discussion are unwarranted. When was the last time LSU was 1-11? (The answer is, never. However, in 1910, they were 1-5. )

And for that matter, when was the last time MSU was 10-2. (The answer is 1999.)

That's what I thought.
    I included a mediocre LSU team and agreed that if they were 10-2 it would be more impactful. C'mon HD you put the limit of Louisianians. I also agreed that the impact would be much greater on Louisiana fans than the option of not beating them and going to an Access Bowl. Beating LSU early in the season (Sept. 22) would have a major impact on attendance the rest of the year. Playing and winning an Access Bowl would have zero effect on 2018 attendance. I assume "next year" is the 2018 season.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If we beat LSU it will not be viewed by the uneducated populace of this state as a case of TECH being GOOD or the 2nd best team in the state...

It will be viewed as that dumbass Coach O couldn't even beat lowly Neck...

I would much rather have a 10 win regular season and a conference championship and take whatever the outcome the LSU game is win or lose...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

TWO Super Bowls are set!

NE vs. Philly
    Tech vs. LSU (only someone needs to notify LSU because they don't give a damn about this game any more than any other on their schedule)

Hey, Hogdawg! get out there and market the hell out of this monumental matchup, the Louisiana Super Bowl! Of course you're in Texas and won't have to endure the laughing stock Tech will become if we continue down this stupid path. HD, you have a real Southland Conference mentality about ya.

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! bow down at the altar of tiggerism, HD.

Not me! LSU is just another game on our schedule. Nothing more.

And BTW....if we still have Smith at QB, get ready for a long night in BR.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And BTW....if we still have Smith at QB, get ready for a long night in BR.
    I hope you are wrong, but believe you are right. He is our "rock star" for the next two years.

+ Reply to Thread