+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M. Basketball. Boykins Scores 21 as Bulldogs Down Owls

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: 1/20 MBB vs Rice

I love Jean but if doesn't bust out of this slump then he could easily return to the bench when Bracey is healthy. He definitely brings something off the bench. I would ease Bracey back and let him come off the bench until he is 100%. The offense has flowed much better with AAA at the point and I think this sends a message to Bracey as well. Then allow him to return to PG after he proves he's healthy and willing to pass more, shoot less, move without the ball and play within the offense.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    What about Jean? He moved to the 2 to allow Bracey to play 1. Now moving Bracey to 2 so AAA can play 1?
    Jean is better off the bench, unless we go small

Big-
    Archibald
    Bracey
    Boykins
    Duruji
    Powell

Small -
    Archibald
    Bracey
    Boykins
    Jean
    Duruji

That said - I don't know if we will see Bracey until next Thursday and he will probably come off the bench for the first few games
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I love Jean but if doesn't bust out of this slump then he could easily return to the bench when Bracey is healthy. He definitely brings something off the bench. I would ease Bracey back and let him come off the bench until he is 100%. The offense has flowed much better with AAA at the point and I think this sends a message to Bracey as well. Then allow him to return to PG after he proves he's healthy and willing to pass more, shoot less, move without the ball and play within the offense.
    Well said. Offense looks much more inclusive with the frosh running PG. But does Bracey hand it over that easily? He's a 1 position guy if he wants to play next level (Intern'l or US)...and it seems that thats a goal of his.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    Well said. Offense looks much more inclusive with the frosh running PG. But does Bracey hand it over that easily? He's a 1 position guy if he wants to play next level (Intern'l or US)...and it seems that thats a goal of his.
    I really think they will be viewed as 1 and 1A, not as much as a 1 or 2

It will give us more flexibility

Jean's ATO is 0.96
    Bracey's is 1.63
    Archibald's is 2.1

Also AAA shoots FT's at about a 13% better clip than Bracey has this year 65% to 78%

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Speedy was a special player at Tech. There is a reason he was chosen as the back-to-back conference player of the year. His leadership, his tenacity, his defense, his court vision, his speed, and his passion is rare. I do think Archibald is gonna be a good one but Speedy was probably the best point guard to ever play at Louisiana Tech.
    Rafe - 2 games from the mid-point of the conference schedule I pulled Speedy's frosh stats and compared them to Archibald's - interesting thing is AAA has only started 5 games so he got off to a slow start (played in 17)

Speedy AAA
    MIN/G 25.8 15.7
    FGM-GA 1.1-3.5 1.8-4.9
    FG% .322 .397
    3PM-3PA 0.4-1.5 0.4-1.7
    3P% .300 .241
    FTM-FTA 0.9-1.4 1.7-2.2
    FT% .646 .784
    REB 3.6 2.2
    AST 4.2 2.6
    BLK 0.1 0.2
    STL 1.2 0.7
    PF 2.1 0.9
    TO 2.4 1.2
    PTS 3.6 5.8

Speedy played 878 minutes his frosh year - AAA has played 267 with 10 regular season games left

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Rafe - 2 games from the mid-point of the conference schedule I pulled Speedy's frosh stats and compared them to Archibald's - interesting thing is AAA has only started 5 games so he got off to a slow start (played in 17)

Speedy AAA
    MIN/G 25.8 15.7
    FGM-GA 1.1-3.5 1.8-4.9
    FG% .322 .397
    3PM-3PA 0.4-1.5 0.4-1.7
    3P% .300 .241
    FTM-FTA 0.9-1.4 1.7-2.2
    FT% .646 .784
    REB 3.6 2.2
    AST 4.2 2.6
    BLK 0.1 0.2
    STL 1.2 0.7
    PF 2.1 0.9
    TO 2.4 1.2
    PTS 3.6 5.8

Speedy played 878 minutes his frosh year - AAA has played 267 with 10 regular season games left
    As a freshman, I'd imagine Lonnie Cooper had better stats than either of them. My contention is really about Speedy's overall impact. Of course, we're comparing retroactively with Speedy as opposed to prospectively with Archibald. Thus, the comparison is premature imo. However, a stat that might be worth considering is the productivity of the players each defended (which neither of us is willing to do). I'm not willing to say that AAA is better than Speedy. Again, it's not about limiting AAA, it's more about the profound contribution Speedy Smith had upon the program during his tenure.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread