+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rattay Interviewed for Raiders QB Coach

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rattay Interviewed for Raiders QB Coach

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Your opinion or did Rattay confide in you?

Why does he need to work under a coach other than Holtz?
    I'd like our next HC to know what ST stands for and how to not lose games by 1 point.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'd like our next HC to know what ST stands for and how to not lose games by 1 point.
    I believe what we experience under Holtz is him playing not to lose. We were warned about this when he was hired. It is his coaching personality. Rattay as a player was not molded this way. I assume he would have have more killer instinct than Holtz. I also believe he already knows more about how to manage the clock than Holtz.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I believe what we experience under Holtz is him playing not to lose. We were warned about this when he was hired. It is his coaching personality. Rattay as a player was not molded this way. I assume he would have have more killer instinct than Holtz. I also believe he already knows more about how to manage the clock than Holtz.
    I believe you are correct.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I thought about Skip Holtz yesterday when I was watching Philadelphia Eagles Coach Doug Pederson score a TD in the Super Bowl by calling a trick play (The Philly Special: A WR pass back to QB Nick Foles) on 4th down and one. Without that play, the Eagles aren't Super Bowl Champions today. Asked about "going for it on 4th down" later, Pederson said, "I couldn't do that to my football team. We had just drove the length of the field and I wasn't going to do that to them."

No doubt, Skip Holtz would have kicked a FG instead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...uper-bowl-win/

And Pederson went for it on 4th down and one later in the game too:

But because Pederson is almost always aggressive, the Eagles players didn’t feel any desperation.

Facing fourth-and-1 down 33-32 with 5:39 left to play, Pederson went for it, of course. Others might have punted and asked their defense for a stop and the ball. But that’s not Pederson’s style. During the regular season, the Eagles went for it on fourth down 26 times (second most in the NFL), and they converted on 17 times — tops in the league.

There's a few reasons Doug Pederson is a Super Bowl Champion this morning. And his willingness to use all four downs is one of them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lii/305992002/

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I thought about Skip Holtz yesterday when I was watching Philadelphia Eagles Coach Doug Pederson score a TD in the Super Bowl by calling a trick play (The Philly Special: A WR pass back to QB Nick Foles) on 4th down and one. Without that play, the Eagles aren't Super Bowl Champions today. Asked about "going for it on 4th down" later, Pederson said, "I couldn't do that to my football team. We had just drove the length of the field and I wasn't going to do that to them."

No doubt, Skip Holtz would have kicked a FG instead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...uper-bowl-win/

And Pederson went for it on 4th down and one later in the game too:

There's a few reasons Doug Pederson is a Super Bowl Champion this morning. And his willingness to use all four downs is one of them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lii/305992002/
    Ex-QB's are just great coaches for the most part (aggressive leadership styles, calculated gamblers with a pulse on their teams).

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I want someone who can get us to 4 straight bowl games and win them all. I would love to beat our previous coach who thought we were below him by 53-10. I want a coach who recruits players who do not embarrass our program. I want a coach who travels around Texas and raises millions for program . I want a coach who is respected in Coaching community and not rattled by the fringe fans who do not like or respect what he has done for us. I want a coach who prepares guys for the pros and getting SEC recruits to come play at Tech instead--and make Freshman All American team. too say I am past fed up with posters who have little or no concept of what our coaches are accomplishing . a coach who has won 136 games and is 6-3 in bowl games . instead you want a coach who will see us as a stepping stone and bail as quickly as possible. THAN YOU Skip for making us proud. thank you for making us #2 on 247 recruiting in CUSA and a program great talent wants to come play for. I am not posting this to irritate anyone-- after 52 years of being Tech fan /supporter I am proud of Tech Football

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Doug Pederson is a Super Bowl champion coach because he coached in Louisiana high school. After that, the NFL is a breeze by comparison!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I want someone who can get us to 4 straight bowl games and win them all. I would love to beat our previous coach who thought we were below him by 53-10. I want a coach who recruits players who do not embarrass our program. I want a coach who travels around Texas and raises millions for program . I want a coach who is respected in Coaching community and not rattled by the fringe fans who do not like or respect what he has done for us. I want a coach who prepares guys for the pros and getting SEC recruits to come play at Tech instead--and make Freshman All American team. too say I am past fed up with posters who have little or no concept of what our coaches are accomplishing . a coach who has won 136 games and is 6-3 in bowl games . instead you want a coach who will see us as a stepping stone and bail as quickly as possible. THAN YOU Skip for making us proud. thank you for making us #2 on 247 recruiting in CUSA and a program great talent wants to come play for. I am not posting this to irritate anyone-- after 52 years of being Tech fan /supporter I am proud of Tech Football
    "Dilly Dilly!"

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

DS65 wins the internet.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

My sentiments too!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

Finanlly some reasonable thoughts.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Do not settle for anything. If you do, you're already dead (in a metamorphic sense).

Thank you Skip for winning CUSA Championships! Thank you Skip for our Top 25 finish! Thank you Skip for our reaching an Access Bowl!

Post your accolades when the above is true.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Than you Skip!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Do not settle for anything. If you do, you're already dead (in a metamorphic sense).

Thank you Skip for winning CUSA Championships! Thank you Skip for our Top 25 finish! Thank you Skip for our reaching an Access Bowl!

Post your accolades when the above is true.
    Bingo.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe both points of view are correct. I know that sounds strange, but Skip has done a great job and we should praise him for what he has done. At the same time, we should ALWAYS want more. We have not achieved what we need to achieve. We need to keep striving for that. I am not going to criticize Skip for what he has accomplished. Winning those bowls was awesome! Just keep getting better! My only request is that he sees what weaknesses he has (offensive play calling) and gives someone very qualified the ability to make those calls. That is the mark of a great leader. I am very happy with what he has done - just want more!

+ Reply to Thread