+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. LA Tech Heads to Miami to Battle FIU

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Suffer Gut-Wrenching Loss to Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This is truly unbelievable. Reading how this game ended is like reading a very bad Hollywood script. The Washington Generals strike again!

Tech needs to get their act together. I'm really tired of seeing this school snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in every sport.
    Who cares? Focus all your energy on the Super Bowl in BR!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The Super Bowl is in Minnesota.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Heads to Miami to Battle FIU

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Transfers, bad recruiting(two useless Jucos?!? Seriously?), no defense, and poor leadership have decimated a once proud program.

As I mentioned before some on this board are getting excited over wins over 200/300+ RPI teams.
    Proud? I don't know. I'd say we were trending up and getting ready to be proud. We decimated the progress towards that, however.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Proud? I don't know. I'd say we were trending up and getting ready to be proud. We decimated the progress towards that, however.
    You didn't go to the games did you?

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Its a bit of a punch in the gut to realize that. Maybe we were just lucky. We had a good coach and team at a really good time, but it wasnt great. We were prone to slip ups, and let down losses. White beat the bad teams day and night but the two good teams in the conference gave us fits. The losses @ODU and @UAB his last year were pretty bad.

Everything is just averaging out now as the bottom gets better and the top flattens out. I dont think UAB is far behind on this, and MTSU will likely feel it in the coming years as well. We'll just have to hope we are hot in the tournament this year... no different than any other year really.
    Again, you don't sound like somebody who attends basketball games. People who say "oh it's basketball it just comes down to the tournament" don't like basketball.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    You didn't go to the games did you?
    I missed maybe 4 or 5 home games during the entire Mike White era.

They were fun as hell.

I was proud of them, in the sense that I am and we all are proud of every Tech team no matter how terrible, but I'm trying to put it into perspective of what they actually accomplished. It sounded like revf was using the word in a sense of historic accomplishment. Maybe I read it wrong.

We started to sniff that air and maybe think that we were building towards something, but we never won the conference and we never made the tournament. I know those aren't the only things that matter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    The Super Bowl is in Minnesota.
    Talking about next season's SB....dork.

They were fun as hell.
    This. That really is all I want out of our basketball program.

Seriously?

I guess there's no point in hoping for much more.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Again, you don't sound like somebody who attends basketball games. People who say "oh it's basketball it just comes down to the tournament" don't like basketball.
    I go to just about every home basketball game and watch as many away games as I can.

I never said anything about the tournament being the only thing that matters. At this point in the season, though, the tournament is the only hope for any more post season play at all.

Talking about next season's SB....dork.
    Whats a Super Bowl have to do with basketball? Or Baton Rouge? Since you think LSU is a super bowl, are you somehow confirming we play them in hoops next season? Interesting development.

Seriously?

I guess there's no point in hoping for much more.
    I'm being dead serious. Of course the entertainment value is dependent on the teams performance. At the end of the day, just dunk the ball as hard and as often as you can.

Yeah, let's get LSU in hoops too, so HD will declare that game as our "Final Four!"

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's silly talk. You need to seriously raise your standards.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

... while you focus yours on winning in Mobile next fall.

+ Reply to Thread