+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU gets 43 million from SEC from TV deal

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: LSU gets 43 million from SEC from TV deal

I have found peace and harmony by simply ignoring them. LSU means zip-nada to me. that said-- the year they won the National Championship my oldest son was on the field with team for every game - he is fanatic about LSU , no amount of counseling has helped. Fortunately Spotsdawg avoided that and my grandson is die hard dog.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I have found peace and harmony by simply ignoring them. LSU means zip-nada to me. that said-- the year they won the National Championship my oldest son was on the field with team for every game - he is fanatic about LSU , no amount of counseling has helped. Fortunately Spotsdawg avoided that and my grandson is die hard dog.
    You need to counsel HD, Geaux Dawgs, and Tech52. Their entire worlds are wrapped around LSU. I don't know if they can be saved, but you might want to try.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You need to counsel HD, Geaux Dawgs, and Tech52. Their entire worlds are wrapped around LSU. I don't know if they can be saved, but you might want to try.
    You seem too thick in the head to actually understand what I post.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    You seem too thick in the head to actually understand what I post.
    I have never pretended to understand the worship-LSU mindset.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Oh my goodness, I guess that is what they mean when parents say, "there is nothing you can do to make me stop loving you."lol That really does try the limits. I am sorry the counseling was unsuccessful!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I assure you my world is much greater than worrying about LSU, having said that, what do Tech fans talk more about......Beating BAMA or winning the WAC in 2001?? Winning CUSA likely wont matter in 5-10 years, but beating the Tigers in BR will last forever!!!! People still talk about beating BAMA twice!!!!!! No one really gives 2 shits about winning the WAC in 2001...... The WAC barely even exists anymore.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I have never pretended to understand the worship-LSU mindset.
    You could at least pretend to read.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I assure you my world is much greater than worrying about LSU, having said that, what do Tech fans talk more about......Beating BAMA or winning the WAC in 2001?? Winning CUSA likely wont matter in 5-10 years, but beating the Tigers in BR will last forever!!!! People still talk about beating BAMA twice!!!!!! No one really gives 2 shits about winning the WAC in 2001...... The WAC barely even exists anymore.
    Just like Northwestern will be talking about beating us in when 2013 or 2014. Ask one of them and they could tell you in a minute.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Oh my goodness, I guess that is what they mean when parents say, "there is nothing you can do to make me stop loving you."lol That really does try the limits. I am sorry the counseling was unsuccessful!

I like this post-- right amount of humor-- It was a losing battle from day one-- he was a senior playing football for Byrd but dating a cheerleader at LSU does that qualify as Cougar?) - remember how hormones impacted us at that age. Sportsdawg-his wife -his son David and my granddaughter - 3 brothers are Tech people . Still hurts to lose him to the darkside

I will point out we beat them 3 times! they had to forfeit a loss ( think they won 50 plus points). Everybody knows the David and Goliath story-- every die hard dog would rejoice. But losing to them will not ruin my season-- I want a CUSA title, ....

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Just like Northwestern will be talking about beating us in when 2013 or 2014. Ask one of them and they could tell you in a minute.
    and the damn fireworks!! how did that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Exactly my point!

All this "LSU is our Super Bowl" reeks of the way NSU thinks of (worships) Tech. The very posters who made that case, then got their panties in a wad when called out about it, doubled down by saying the ONLY thing that matters to NSU fans was beating us in 2014, and equating Tech to beating LSU to that! I say NO! LSU is not that important to us.

I suppose HD, Tech52, and Geaux Dawgs will want Tech to paint something on campus "We beat LSU!" That's what NSU did. They bought hundreds of footballs and had the score and date printed on them, and then gave (and sold) the commemorative balls to politicians, business leaders, whomever. It is so small-minded. It's disgustedly self-deprecating. I thought we (Tech Nation) had grown beyond that. Most of us have, but some are stuck in the old Southland Conference mindset of the past.

I don't know the other two very well, but I am surprised by HD's position on this. He's been one of the best, most leveled-headed posters on this forum, seeing the big picture and having a vision for Tech climbing the ladder in the highly competitive college sports world. But this...

Don't say "no one" gives a shit about winning the WAC in 2001. Some of us remember that blustery (windy) day in Tulsa when the Dawgs won the conference championship, fondly. "Give the Ball to Joe!" I can't speak for others, but winning CHAMPIONSHIPS means more to me than any one game 99.9999999% of CFB fans don't remember. And, don't care about. You actually think Bama, and the average CFB fan gives a crap about us beating Bama 20 years ago!!!??? They don't care about us winning the WAC in 2001 either. But winning championships is what sports is all about. Just look at how the Patriots are being cast....as big losers!

I am also the type that "wants my cake and to eat it too." So, yes, I'd love to win in BR, but I also want a CUSA Championship, and hopefully, a trip to an Access Bowl.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And the elitist rich get richer.

Irony at its finest. I would never have expected this quote to come from you of all people TT.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Irony at its finest. I would never have expected this quote to come from you of all people TT.
    I noticed it too, but decided nothing good would come of it ...

+ Reply to Thread